ZUNE HD!
Aug 23, 2009 at 12:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 90

Photoman

500+ Head-Fier
Well I went to Philadelphia and played with the HD and I love it. Its smaller in person and the platinum color is nice. I had my own headphones to hear the SQ and it sounded richer than the prevous zunes. Very responsive and the screen was brilliant. Now just to wait for 3 weeks or so.
beyersmile.png

Aug 23, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #2 of 90
I think the sound is so good because there is a dedicated sound processing unit as part of the nvidia Tegra platform. You lucky person.

Aug 23, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #3 of 90
Hmm, wife and daughter going to NYC tomorrow, for the day. I have the car, and think I will shoot down to Best Buy on Del Ave with my UM3X in tow and see how the new Zune stacks up to the old Zune. Only problem is capacity, since I really want 64 minimum.

Photoman, did you have the X? Do you still have the X? Comparison?

Aug 23, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #4 of 90
Yes I have the X and still do but I'm selling it. Couldn't do too much comparison because I need my music on there and the HD only had 2 albums on it. But I do know it sound richer than my zune 120
regular_smile .gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, wife and daughter going to NYC tomorrow, for the day. I have the car, and think I will shoot down to Best Buy on Del Ave with my UM3X in tow and see how the new Zune stacks up to the old Zune. Only problem is capacity, since I really want 64 minimum.

Photoman, did you have the X? Do you still have the X? Comparison?

Aug 23, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #5 of 90
Crap. I don't need another player.

No custom EQ dissembled, no custom eq, no custom eq, no custom eq, no custom eq.

Aug 23, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #8 of 90
Did you ask the MS rep why they are limiting the 32 GB version to only Platinum? Why can't we have black too as a color choice?

Aug 23, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #9 of 90
I guess its a promotional thing. Probably later

QUOTE=Acreo Aeneas;5954354]Did you ask the MS rep why they are limiting the 32 GB version to only Platinum? Why can't we have black too as a color choice?[/QUOTE]

Aug 23, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #10 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Photoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes I have the X and still do but I'm selling it. Couldn't do too much comparison because I need my music on there and the HD only had 2 albums on it. But I do know it sound richer than my zune 120
regular_smile .gif

Very interesting. Did you mess with the browser much? Any good? (curiosity building). Will see first-hand tomorrow, I guess.

Aug 23, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #13 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you ask the MS rep why they are limiting the 32 GB version to only Platinum? Why can't we have black too as a color choice?

www.zuneoriginals.net

Aug 23, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #15 of 90
seeing as the zune hd will have hdmi out, and hdmi itself uses spdif to send audio out, it will be interesting to see if it can be used with an external dac much like the irivers once were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back