Zune HD will have EQ!
Aug 5, 2009 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 164

emofruit

New Head-Fier
Got this from here :
Zune HD hands-on, impressions, tears of joy | MP3 Insider - CNET Reviews

Quote:

Another fun little fact for Zune fans is that the Zune HD has ushered in the return of EQ. I guess now that the thing is running on an NVIDIA Tegra chip, they've got a little extra battery life to burn with an EQ DSP. It's nothing fancy--just a handful of presets (rock, acoustic, hip-hop, etc.) with no user setting--but I'm happy to see it come back.

This player is the reason I haven't bit on a S9 yet!

Aug 5, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #2 of 164
I was just getting my hopes up but the bit about it being presets only dashed them pretty quick.

Aug 5, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 164
I can live with the presets. I also think it was a good call to bring back a wolfson dac. Internet browser failure though ... who the hell doesnt use flash nowadays ?

Aug 5, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #4 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
who the hell doesnt use flash nowadays ?

Apple. I think we all know which player the Zune HD will be marketed against.
wink.gif

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #5 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple. I think we all know which player the Zune HD will be marketed against.
wink.gif

Didnt know that .. Thanks
normal_smile .gif

In any case .. they missed out on 1 upping them with Flash support .. Now watch as the Fruity device somehow gets flash support in a few months.

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #6 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by emofruit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got this from here :
Zune HD hands-on, impressions, tears of joy | MP3 Insider - CNET Reviews

This player is the reason I haven't bit on a S9 yet!

if so, in my knowledge there is only one DAP without EQ left.That is Hisoundaudio's AMP3.

Let's search for others DAP without EQ, it will be very interesting.

I should like to think to cancel EQ need courage. I am very curious why Zune HD temporize to return to EQ?

Aug 5, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #7 of 164
After Zune 80 i am not going to get any ZUNE soon ...

I stil have Zune 30 - Hallo edition and this is kinda nice sounding DAP. i got ipod touch atc atc, but still stick on my iAudio Z5 with RockBox ...

I like design of new ZUNE, but - this time will wait for some time until i get - IF i get ...

Aug 5, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #8 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

if so, in my knowledge there is only one DAP without EQ left.That is Hisoundaudio's AMP3.

Let's search for others DAP without EQ, it will be very interesting.

I should like to think to cancel EQ need courage. I am very curious why Zune HD temporize to return to EQ?

Because loudmouth zune enthusiasts like myself refused to upgrade from their zune 30 when they released the newer zunes without them and created threads all over the major dap sites lamenting the fact that it was removed.

and i certainly hope this wasnt "temporized". As a matter of fact, they should be looking to take a page out of cowons book in regards to EQ. Anyone who doesnt want it can simply turn it off.

For the rest of us who know what its like to endure a shure e3c on a zune without the electronic eq preset this is at least a return to the starting point. Now MS needs to advance.

Aug 5, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #9 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...this is at least a return to the starting point. Now MS needs to advance.

This was their chance to advance. Metaphysical question of the day: If I already expected as much (or, ahem, as little) from the Zune team, how can I still be disappointed?
rolleyes.gif

Aug 5, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #10 of 164
I held the zune hd today and played with it briefly. I was not expecting much from the software but was surprised. Even with a beta and incomplete firmware, this thing was fast. The UI is much more polished than any other player i've seen. Cool transitions and animations on an amazing screen. Plus it streams hd video to your tv via a dock. I had almost zero interest in zune before but now I want one.

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #11 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by nirvanaxp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I held the zune hd today and played with it briefly. I was not expecting much from the software but was surprised. Even with a beta and incomplete firmware, this thing was fast. The UI is much more polished than any other player i've seen. Cool transitions and animations on an amazing screen. Plus it streams hd video to your tv via a dock. I had almost zero interest in zune before but now I want one.

what?how did you get your hands on this beauty?
I am a little bit disappointed that they will use the same DAC,why wouldnt they use another advanced or new one?if it sounds like the my zune120 then i will pass for sure and get the sony X.

Aug 5, 2009 at 10:19 AM Post #12 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am a little bit disappointed that they will use the same DAC,why wouldnt they use another advanced or new one?if it sounds like the my zune120 then i will pass for sure and get the sony X.

well that is a bit disappointing. i was waiting for the Zune hd before making a new purchase but i guess i would have to pull the trigger and go with the S9 then
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 5, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #13 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by ppau0822 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well that is a bit disappointing. i was waiting for the Zune hd before making a new purchase but i guess i would have to pull the trigger and go with the S9 then
smily_headphones1.gif

You made me swipe at my screen with your avatar!
redface.gif

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #14 of 164
Quote:

Hum, how they put hardware equalizer in Zune HD ? like separate chip for equalizer ?

AMAIK Zune 120 have Wolfson codec without hardware equalizer in it ...

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #15 of 164
Quote:

Probably the gdgt launch party in San Fransisco last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back