Zune HD vs. Sony NWZX1051
Nov 9, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #16 of 24
I decided to return the Zune HD and purchase the Sony X1051 and I'm proud to say that I couldn't be happier! The Sony X is a tremendous improvement over the Zune HD. The X just 'gets it right' and I really enjoy listening to it. Thanks to all who posted opinions ^^

Nov 9, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #17 of 24
Amen. If only every Zunehead and iPodfanboy would do the same the world would be a better place
smily_headphones1.gif
One at the time! Who's next?

Nov 9, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Mono /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amen. If only every Zunehead and iPodfanboy would do the same the world would be a better place
smily_headphones1.gif
One at the time! Who's next?

If Sony would charge $150 less than what they currently sell at here in Canada, for the same price of a similarly sized iPod Touch, then I'll perhaps give it a whirl. As it stands right now though, SQ alone is not enough to charge that premium.

Nov 9, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #19 of 24
It's just because you don't care what are you listening to. Some on this forum however do! But hey, Apple needs you to be able to sell 60 million iPods every year. Judging DAPs by their storage size is like judging cars by their engine size; not really smart, you can easily end up with a Chevy
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #20 of 24
I own the Walkman X1060. I love the design and the sound quality, although it seems the screen is worse than my friends 1st gen iPod touch, like a lot darker in sunlight :S Anyway, yes, keep the Walkman X, next best thing is the iPod touch IMO. Zune HD is an alternative to the iPod touch IMO. Microsoft Zune vs Apple iPod.

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Mono /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's just because you don't care what are you listening to. Some on this forum however do! But hey, Apple needs you to be able to sell 60 million iPods every year. Judging DAPs by their storage size is like judging cars by their engine size; not really smart, you can easily end up with a Chevy
smily_headphones1.gif

Not that I'm saying to judge both the iPod and the X using memory size only, but it's a worse value proposition to go with the Sony. To each their own though.

Nov 10, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not that I'm saying to judge both the iPod and the X using memory size only, but it's a worse value proposition to go with the Sony. To each their own though.

It depends what is value for you. If SQ is value then the iPod doesn't worth its price for $300. For me if doesn't worth its price for $2 either, as I wouldn't use it as a DAP. SONY has a lot of cheap players out there with excellent SQ priced cheaper than non-touch iPods, some with really nice headphones.

Nov 12, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #23 of 24
If I had to pick between the two, I would go for the Sony. FWIR, the HD uses the same Wolfson chip the old gen Zunes used. I've heard both the 30 and the 80, neither of them really appealed to me.

Maybe you should consider an S9 as well. You can drag/drop stuff, and you don't have to deal with crappy software (though it does come with some horrid proprietary software from JetAudio, you can use any software at all, since you can switch it between MTP and MSC).

Nov 13, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarinetman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I had to pick between the two, I would go for the Sony. FWIR, the HD uses the same Wolfson chip the old gen Zunes used. I've heard both the 30 and the 80, neither of them really appealed to me.

Maybe you should consider an S9 as well. You can drag/drop stuff, and you don't have to deal with crappy software (though it does come with some horrid proprietary software from JetAudio, you can use any software at all, since you can switch it between MTP and MSC).

I'll look at the S9 for a backup player as I am sure it sounds better than my iPod touch 3G (and I hate iTunes)..... I love to drag/drop
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back