Zune 80 or Ipod Classic 80/160?
Mar 31, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #16 of 47
tbh, i dont know what this "sq difference" between these daps. all my daps have sounded the same to me. 3 different ipods, iaudo x5 and zune. as of now, i am using ipod clasic 80gb with lod and quite happy with it. i have to say that the sound from headphone-out is horrible tho. iaudio's headphone-out was amazing.

Mar 31, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #17 of 47
Ha! Zune now on the lead!

You know what? Forget this. I'm going for the HIphone
biggrin.gif
(seriously now... any ideas on how does that one sound?)

Mar 31, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #18 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neblin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If there's one thing I know about iPOD is that it scratches very easily. So yes, the Classic does scratch. The screen is made out of plastic, meaning it will scratch more easily than the Zune's glass one.

Wrong-o.

The screen on the Classic is glass. It's certainly not scratch proof though. No commercial glass, that I'm aware, of is scratch-proof.

Apr 1, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #19 of 47
The front of the Classic won't scratch easily, the back will still scratch if you look at it wrong though, if that matters to you.

Apr 1, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #20 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by TickTockMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wrong-o.

The screen on the Classic is glass. It's certainly not scratch proof though. No commercial glass, that I'm aware, of is scratch-proof.

Um, no, he's right. It has a plastic cover over the actual LCD screen, which is glass. If you were to sit on it, the outer screen wouldn't break, the inner one would. The front is all one piece, and then there's the LCD and the new addition to the Classic is the metal plate behind the screen.

Apr 1, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #21 of 47
I prefer the zune! Hence why I am a proud owner
biggrin.gif

But the sheer amount of accessories always make the ipod appealing!

To me the zune software walks all over the itunes software!

There's a plus for both!!

SQ wise ZUNE!!!

Apr 1, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #22 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Um, no, he's right. It has a plastic cover over the actual LCD screen, which is glass. If you were to sit on it, the outer screen wouldn't break, the inner one would. The front is all one piece, and then there's the LCD and the new addition to the Classic is the metal plate behind the screen.

Are we talking about the 6th generation iPod or the 5 and 5.5? My cover is not one piece. The screen is an inset into the face on my Classic. I could be wrong, but when I tap the screen of my Classic with a key, it certainly sounds like glass... much different that my girlfriend's 5.5 iPod.

This review (granted, considering the source it could have some bias) also indicates a glass screen:

AppleInsider | iPod classic review

My apologies, however, if I'm incorrect.

Apr 1, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #24 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by TickTockMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are we talking about the 6th generation iPod or the 5 and 5.5? My cover is not one piece. The screen is an inset into the face on my Classic. I could be wrong, but when I tap the screen of my Classic with a key, it certainly sounds like glass... much different that my girlfriend's 5.5 iPod.

This review (granted, considering the source it could have some bias) also indicates a glass screen:

AppleInsider | iPod classic review

My apologies, however, if I'm incorrect.

Apple iPod Classic (80GB, silver) Portable Video Player (PVP) reviews - CNET Reviews
Quote:

The screen, however, is still made from scratch-prone plastic (unlike the iPhone's and iPod Touch's), and the chrome found on the back cover still begs for smudges.

Apr 1, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #25 of 47
Very odd.... some reviews say plastic, some say glass. Regardless, I still love the 'Pod!

Apr 1, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #26 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahahaha, I'm having my 2ndG 10Gb iPod for so long that I can't recall. Really, not sure if its more than 5 of 6 years
cool.gif

I use it daily in my commutes, at work, holidays... I've replaced its batteries once for larger capacity ones than the originals. These are now showing shorter life, but still last longer than 12 hours. I'm so pleased with iPods (at least my unit) that I'm wondering if I really "need" another DAP or just replacing the batteries of this would be enough.

IMHO if you take good care of your Classic and replace its batteries when needed, you can make it last way more than two years.

Rgrds.

Please define "good care"
biggrin.gif
I like to dance, jump and occassionaly headbang to my music. Perhaps the ipod classic (its HD, especifically) cannot keep up with me?

Apr 1, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #27 of 47
Quote:

I was about to purchase an ipod classic 160gb but after reading the many problems it has, I'm beginning to doubt. Many people even say Zune has a better SQ. Can this be?

Other then screen size,the Ipod 6G takes the top spot,for ease of use,battery power,support,ease of finding extras (skins,cases,etc,etc,and SQ is a toss up,but the man behind the IMOD seems to think the 6G has great SQ).I have owned both and took my second Zune back,just as I took my first gen Zune back after a few weeks use.Of the seven people I know personally,that have bought a Zune besides myself,six replaced it with a Ipod,one with a Cowan.

As to problems ?

The newer firmware fixes most if not all of the problems,certainly all the more annoying ones.Asking this q on a site like this though,to me,garuntee's an anti ipod vote.But if it simply came down to the lesser of two evils,Apple would get my money every time.If its come down to SQ,Apple again gets my cash.

Apr 1, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #28 of 47
Quote:

Can Zune drive ESW9 (42 ohm)?

Not bad,but not great eithier,but the Ipod 6G will simply take a dump on it for pure battery life over the Zune.Of the two,I would say the Ipod 6G will breath better bass into the ESW9,then the Zune.If thats at all important to you.I didnt need to pump up the volume on the Ipod as much as the Zune to get them both to comparable volume levels.

GL !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back