Zune 30 vs S:flo2
Nov 20, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #17 of 22
I used a zune 30 for 3 years before I got my SFLO:2. The Zune30 is a surprisingly good player but the SFLO:2 sounds a lot better and it has about he same battery life believe it or not. The battery life on the Zune30 is not as good as the later zune models we are talking about 10 hrs of lossless wma on the zune30 which is about the same as .flac on the SFLO:2.

It is a shame that MS never had a custom EQ on the zune30. With the custom EQ on the SFLO:2 you can get much better bass and detail as it EQ's very well without a drop in SQ.

Nov 21, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #18 of 22

Quote:
hey guys, im pretty much a basshead and i like listening to rock songs.
so i was wondering how is the bass on the S:Flo2 and which gives a better bass overall, zune 30 or S:Flo2.
thanks!

There is a preset Bass EQ which is ok, and then there is a "Bass" setting in the "PlayFX" special effects which I think is too bassy and dark sounding, PlayFX also has "3D" and "LEQ", I don't know what LEQ is, 3D is ok, it does sound a bit more 3D, it's just slightly artficial and doesn't recreate a true atmosphere, though it could just be the IEM's I'm using, I will test it later with some headphones.

I'd say the Teclast is more of a high quality flat-eq player and eq adjustment are just for slight tweaking, not for constant listening pleasure.  I'm pretty confident eq adjustment and special effects are better on a Cowon or Sony.

EDIT:  well according to swanlee's comment above it does eq very well, I suppose it could just be these IEM's and I'll have to listen further with my headphones.  However the max preset eq setting is 6kHz which is the lowest I've seen, most eq's will extend up to at least 10kHz.

Nov 21, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #20 of 22
The S:Flo2 has the best bass of the few sources I've owned. It's deeper and more realistic/faithful to the source than them. The EQ presets are crap, stick to the User setting and fiddle with the sliders yourself. I add a fair bit of low end because a lot of the music I listen to is electronic and it helps make it even more thunderous.

Nov 27, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #21 of 22
Is Zune 30 a better player than sansa clip in term of SQ?

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #22 of 22

Quote:
The S:Flo2 has the best bass of the few sources I've owned. It's deeper and more realistic/faithful to the source than them. The EQ presets are crap, stick to the User setting and fiddle with the sliders yourself. I add a fair bit of low end because a lot of the music I listen to is electronic and it helps make it even more thunderous.

I agree with this, but the S:Flo2 sounds flat and neutral in it's output to me (unlike Cowon's.......)

If the S:Flo2 has better bass than your other DAP's, it's most likely due to the high mW output giving your phones enough juice to move the coil and present that bass.

I agree with EQ is pretty crap, I only use the "jazz" EQ setting from time to time, but whenever I select "normal" EQ it sounds like something has been turned off and bypassed, like the EQ is messing with the sound quality a little bit even if it's on 0 0 0 0 0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back