ZUNE 2 Thread - Latest news & Updates
Oct 4, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #136 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockey_magnet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All us ipod users whoe have encoded 1000's of songs using AAC 192 or whatever. I don't think there's an easy way to convert to MP3 for the Zune - or is there? Will their be a loss of SQ by doing so?

Well, according to several websites, AAC is supported. I can't find it quickly, but one of the links in this blog has a website comparing features between 30 and 80, and it's in there.

Oct 5, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #138 of 249
I'm still waiting for Zunes to show up at retail stores in Canada. When I got my first gen Zune I had to drive across the border to get it, along with a poor currency exchange rate at the time.

Well, at least the exchange rate is no longer an issue.
tongue.gif

Oct 5, 2007 at 6:22 AM Post #139 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still waiting for Zunes to show up at retail stores in Canada. When I got my first gen Zune I had to drive across the border to get it, along with a poor currency exchange rate at the time.

Well, at least the exchange rate is no longer an issue.
tongue.gif

That's cold man.

Good for you, BAD for us.

Oct 5, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #140 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by yourtoys7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me the screen alone does it, the art work is full size with info. on bottom
biggrin.gif
, and if as good as 1st, I'll be getting it and no amp.
biggrin.gif

Now with all of the hype, I'm really torn. What does everyone else think?

Edit: I was referring to my message earlier saying that I am having buyers remorse with my 80 g Ipod classic.

Oct 5, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #141 of 249
I say you just bite the bullet, get a nice portable amp and an ALO dock, and be done with it. As much as I like my Zune, I would do the easiest thing and keep what you have.

Oct 5, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #143 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by norymeoreason41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now with all of the hype, I'm really torn. What does everyone else think?

Edit: I was referring to my message earlier saying that I am having buyers remorse with my 80 g Ipod classic.

as an mp3 player, the zune is a better deal... cheaper, more features, albeit bigger, thicker, uglier. as a video player, the ipod is just better with 640x480 tv output, even the ipod touch is 480x320 at 3.5" while the zune is still 320x240 at 3.2".. yuck.

Oct 5, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #144 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by atx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as an mp3 player, the zune is a better deal... cheaper, more features, albeit bigger, thicker, uglier. as a video player, the ipod is just better with 640x480 tv output, even the ipod touch is 480x320 at 3.5" while the zune is still 320x240 at 3.2".. yuck.

Actually, the Zune will output at 640x480. So, you can have vids that are 640x480 on the Zune, and be able to output them at that resolution, without the need for the software to convert them to 320x240. And there's a big difference between 3.2 and 3.5. Larger than one would think.

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #145 of 249
Possibly the glass Zune screen may make the picture look clearer also,and it may also be less scratch resistant too...and you can prolly buff it out now even if there is a scratch. Maybe at your local eyecare place, they can buff it out like they do your lenses on your glasses..lol.

But all i want to know is.....Does the new Zune have a Line Out yet???? Otherwise,ill keep using my old Zune and i wont get the new one.

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #146 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Possibly the glass Zune screen may make the picture look clearer also,and it may also be less scratch resistant too...and you can prolly buff it out now even if there is a scratch. Maybe at your local eyecare place, they can buff it out like they do your lenses on your glasses..lol.

But all i want to know is.....Does the new Zune have a Line Out yet???? Otherwise,ill keep using my old Zune and i wont get the new one.

Still no word on the dock. I swear, I'm half tempted to buy a bunch of Zune connectors, and just starting making a dock-3.5mm adapter, or dock-mini adapter. No one's done it yet. WHY HAS NO ONE DONE IT YET? With all the DIY'ers here, are none of them Zune users? Sheesh.

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #147 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by atx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ah, the new player is about the same dimensions. the 30, still thick, just how i like it. i like my DAP to have a little Junk in the Trunk, ya know.

if you've ever held one in your hands, it just feels solid, in a good way. you don't feel like it's a delicate piece of electronic crap that'll break if you drop it.

Oct 6, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #148 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckypictures /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I swear, I'm half tempted to buy a bunch of Zune connectors, and just starting making a dock-3.5mm adapter, or dock-mini adapter. No one's done it yet. WHY HAS NO ONE DONE IT YET? With all the DIY'ers here, are none of them Zune users? Sheesh.

because it doesn't work. there have been a few threads regarding the issue.

Oct 6, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #149 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
because it doesn't work.

Why doesn't it work?

There's a pinout available. There's connectors available.

Does it not output via the dock connector without power? Has it been attempted?

Oct 6, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #150 of 249
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckypictures /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, the Zune will output at 640x480. So, you can have vids that are 640x480 on the Zune, and be able to output them at that resolution, without the need for the software to convert them to 320x240. And there's a big difference between 3.2 and 3.5. Larger than one would think.

Thats good to know. I just bought the zune 30 since i like what microsoft is doing... continuing support and updating the firmware with new features.

Quote:

if you've ever held one in your hands, it just feels solid, in a good way. you don't feel like it's a delicate piece of electronic crap that'll break if you drop it.

I don't think anyone who buys the zune plan on dropping it or treat it as "tough" electronics.
biggrin.gif
the argument for bigger v.s. smaller size goes both ways... I just bought an ipod touch and the thing is just great to hold and play with! like xbmc, it expands letterbox videos so it appears widescreen on the ipod without the black bars. nice!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back