Zune 2 Confirmed
Sep 19, 2007 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

luckypictures

500+ Head-Fier
Sep 19, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #3 of 42
Huzzah! My prayers have been answered.
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 19, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #4 of 42
no 16gb flash player, with the resources that MS, is more than pathetic. if these players stay like this, MS will be making EXCELLENT players for the previous generation.

If MS can add some decent video codec support, bump max capacities to 16gb and 160gb, add some lossless audio support, and free up the wifi and the HDD on the player, they could have my money.

Sep 19, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #5 of 42
Intresting. Besides the new control scheme and capacity, I wonder what if anything has been changed in the hardware of the flagship model. (True 16:9 display?)

Sep 19, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #6 of 42
The capacities could be better, but I think Microsoft learned a lot from the current model, I wouldn't be surprised if they debuted with a lower price point, and hopefully they will have a better feature set this time. I wouldn't count these offerings out. The first Zune could have been better executed, I think they'll be able to figure it out this time around.

Sep 19, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #7 of 42
If manufacturer's could add a digital out via dock or in the unit itself, they'll have a best seller for audiophiles. As of now, only the iriver-ihp offers that and the iriver unit is no longer in production. Microsoft should get someone on their team over here at Head-fi..... heck they can even overcharge on the dock, just put a digital out on that thing.

Sep 19, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #9 of 42
4gb, 8gb, then 80gb...I wonder if the 80gb if flash based, lol.

Sep 19, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #10 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by pianomav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If manufacturer's could add a digital out via dock or in the unit itself, they'll have a best seller for audiophiles. As of now, only the iriver-ihp offers that and the iriver unit is no longer in production. Microsoft should get someone on their team over here at Head-fi..... heck they can even overcharge on the dock, just put a digital out on that thing.

*coughpacemakercough*

Sep 19, 2007 at 1:37 PM Post #11 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
4gb, 8gb, then 80gb...I wonder if the 80gb if flash based, lol.

yeah..huge gap there

Sep 19, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #12 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no 16gb flash player, with the resources that MS, is more than pathetic. if these players stay like this, MS will be making EXCELLENT players for the previous generation.

If MS can add some decent video codec support, bump max capacities to 16gb and 160gb, add some lossless audio support, and free up the wifi and the HDD on the player, they could have my money.

To be fair, there is a lossless WM9 codec. Which it does support.

Sep 19, 2007 at 2:40 PM Post #13 of 42
Why do people always think that audiophiles and head-fiers make up the highest percentage of DAP sales? Apple and Microsoft couldn't care less about making head-fiers happy. They want to make money and if Joe College student listens to his 128 mp3s and his street styles and buys one, they are happy.

Sep 19, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #14 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do people always think that audiophiles and head-fiers make up the highest percentage of DAP sales? Apple and Microsoft couldn't care less about making head-fiers happy. They want to make money and if Joe College student listens to his 128 mp3s and his street styles and buys one, they are happy.

Man are Street Styles some ugly ugly headphones.

Sep 19, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #15 of 42
If they don't make the 80GB one $250 at most, screw them. There's no reason to not have the 30GB get redesigned and updated as well.

I'd also like to know what's with the larger Zunes in that picture having the "Mickey Mouse ear" buttons and then the source says the larger ones have the buttons on the side.

Also mad they hardly have any colors to pick from. I'll wait and see though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back