Zune 2 Confirmed
Sep 19, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #16 of 42
I'm curious to see the "army jeep green"

Sep 19, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #17 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfindon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they don't make the 80GB one $250 at most, screw them. There's no reason to not have the 30GB get redesigned and updated as well.

I'd also like to know what's with the larger Zunes in that picture having the "Mickey Mouse ear" buttons and then the source says the larger ones have the buttons on the side.

Also mad they hardly have any colors to pick from. I'll wait and see though.

This is true for the most part...but there are no official specs yet, they could have changed quite a bit of stuff and added in things. Just a possibility.

Sep 19, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #18 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do people always think that audiophiles and head-fiers make up the highest percentage of DAP sales? Apple and Microsoft couldn't care less about making head-fiers happy. They want to make money and if Joe College student listens to his 128 mp3s and his street styles and buys one, they are happy.

Look at "The Pacemaker," I'd say that is head-fi's perfect DAP. Could use more space, though (only 120gigs).

Sep 19, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #19 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfindon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they don't make the 80GB one $250 at most, screw them. There's no reason to not have the 30GB get redesigned and updated as well.

I'd also like to know what's with the larger Zunes in that picture having the "Mickey Mouse ear" buttons and then the source says the larger ones have the buttons on the side.

Also mad they hardly have any colors to pick from. I'll wait and see though.

Well, the 30GB is getting redesigned, it's just becoming the 80GB, like the iPod did. Plus their full size will have more colors than its chief competitor, the iPod, but the flash based will be at a color disadvantage to start with. Though you have to look at the pure amount of colors that Microsoft added to the Zune line this run, I'm sure they'll do the same with these.

Sep 19, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #20 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the 30GB is getting redesigned, it's just becoming the 80GB, like the iPod did. Plus their full size will have more colors than its chief competitor, the iPod, but the flash based will be at a color disadvantage to start with. Though you have to look at the pure amount of colors that Microsoft added to the Zune line this run, I'm sure they'll do the same with these.

That's why I said it better not cost any more than $250
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't remember what colors MS added over the year or two, I just wish they made an orange one for something other than a special edition. I like orange.

Sep 19, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #21 of 42
I know the red and pink were added, and yeah, it hasn't been quite a year yet, so if they kept adding they could do at least two a year, which could amount to a good selection. Plus there was the special Halo edition, and a bunch of other special editions that were a bit more limited. These guys come out with a lot of different styles. I hope they capitalize on the doubleshot and offer some level of customization on it. Something like how the iPod offers custom engraving, maybe they could do custom printing on the back instead of the Zune logo if you order online, it would probably be harder than the engraving, but it would be much cooler and people might actually use it, unlike the iPod service. (I've never seen an engraved one)

Sep 19, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #22 of 42
Honestly, my main complaint with the Zune is that it holds less than half my collection. I wouldn't mind longer batt life, drag and drop or more useful wifi, but none of those are deal-breakers.

Sep 19, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #23 of 42
And audio quality on the current Zune? To my ears it sounds pretty decent...

Sep 19, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #24 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know the red and pink were added, and yeah, it hasn't been quite a year yet, so if they kept adding they could do at least two a year, which could amount to a good selection. Plus there was the special Halo edition, and a bunch of other special editions that were a bit more limited. These guys come out with a lot of different styles. I hope they capitalize on the doubleshot and offer some level of customization on it. Something like how the iPod offers custom engraving, maybe they could do custom printing on the back instead of the Zune logo if you order online, it would probably be harder than the engraving, but it would be much cooler and people might actually use it, unlike the iPod service. (I've never seen an engraved one)

I, admittedly, have used the engraving service.
When the Shuffle 2 first came out, I needed a screenless, rugged player to use at work, and got free engraving when I bought it.

As far as the zune goes, the custom screening would probably be a pain, but would definitely be cool. Another suggestion would be to allow you to choose a combination from their existing colors, ie. black with a clear doubleshot, or white with a blue doubleshot.

Sep 19, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #25 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*coughpacemakercough*

Um, I'm pretty sure the pacemaker won't have a digital out...unfortunately. I told them they should include one, though.

Sep 19, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #26 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by pianomav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If manufacturer's could add a digital out via dock or in the unit itself, they'll have a best seller for audiophiles. As of now, only the iriver-ihp offers that and the iriver unit is no longer in production. Microsoft should get someone on their team over here at Head-fi..... heck they can even overcharge on the dock, just put a digital out on that thing.

the probelm is, the audiophile demographic is a VERY SMALL one.

Sep 19, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #27 of 42
considering the loss they took in the first zune, i think that they will invest less in quality this time, dont expect the Zune 2 to sound as good as zune one, i suspect that the new developments are mearly cosmetical,

also, its probobly just as crippled software wise as the old zune,

Sep 19, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #28 of 42
What do you think are the chances that you can at least use WMP to copy music to the new zunes this time? I like the idea of another 80GB dap, but having to use special zune software is too much of a barrier for me.

Sep 19, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #29 of 42
Good stuff. Will be buying it. Anything known about the size?

Sep 19, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #30 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you think are the chances that you can at least use WMP to copy music to the new zunes this time? I like the idea of another 80GB dap, but having to use special zune software is too much of a barrier for me.

What is your problem with the Zune software? Is it the memory usage? The Zune program is just a reskinned WMP. There are hacks out there for it. You can disable the Marketplace, which increases performance. I think I remember reading that someone got their Zune to work with WMP, I'm going to go try to find that now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back