Zune 2.5 Update
May 11, 2008 at 6:58 AM Post #61 of 73
a remote. apple fm radio remote

i like the look of the new clock - sort of. it smacks a bit of a company that is trying too much to outdo bad looks for so long but it is nice, just a bit too playfeellylikeithinkaccordingtomyownopinion.

anyway, cool thread to keep looking at!

May 11, 2008 at 7:01 AM Post #62 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a remote. apple fm radio remote

i like the look of the new clock - sort of. it smacks a bit of a company that is trying too much to outdo bad looks for so long but it is nice, just a bit too playfeellylikeithinkaccordingtomyownopinion.

anyway, cool thread to keep looking at!

LOL @ U....Microsoft had nothing to do with the design of the clock.

May 11, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #65 of 73
Guys I have a question for you...how do you get one single song to repeat instead of the whole album to repeat? Is that even possible? I have never had the chance to sit down and really learn all the features of my zune...this summer hopefully.

May 11, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #68 of 73
So MS claims gapless playback (without mentioning specific codecs), but gapless playback only works on WMA? I'm still fabled that a freeware firmware like rockbox can do gapless playback on MP3 for a long time, but a player done by large company like Microsoft can't. Can anybody record a video of Zune playing gapless music and upload it to youtube, and specify what codec/encoder used for the tracks?

May 11, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #69 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by pata2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So MS claims gapless playback (without mentioning specific codecs), but gapless playback only works on WMA? I'm still fabled that a freeware firmware like rockbox can do gapless playback on MP3 for a long time, but a player done by large company like Microsoft can't. Can anybody record a video of Zune playing gapless music and upload it to youtube, and specify what codec/encoder used for the tracks?

The gapless works on MP3.

May 11, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #70 of 73
Quote:

So MS claims gapless playback (without mentioning specific codecs), but gapless playback only works on WMA? I'm still fabled that a freeware firmware like rockbox can do gapless playback on MP3 for a long time, but a player done by large company like Microsoft can't.

Gapless works with MP3, WMA and AAC.
Gapless Playback: wma yes; mp3 no

Quote:

Guys I have a question for you...how do you get one single song to repeat instead of the whole album to repeat? Is that even possible? I have never had the chance to sit down and really learn all the features of my zune...this summer hopefully.

You still need to use the quicklist for that.

Quote:

no, i'm pretty sure it was just designed by that user Nelson on zunerama - unless this guy has some affiliations i'm not aware of. (same link from before)

Analog clock done by tiptup at Zune Boards - Home
[CTP] Offical ZuneBoards Clock - Zune Boards

May 12, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #72 of 73
Nope, no alarm, no clock functions.

When the Zune is not in use, it goes into sleep (remembers last track & menu positions) after a few minutes. Waking from sleep is almost instant.

It goes into a deep sleep/hibernate after some hours (forgets track positions). Waking from hibernate shows the bootup screen with the Zune logo. This keeps the battery from dying if it's not plugged in or used for a few days or weeks.

May 12, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #73 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by patricklang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It goes into a deep sleep/hibernate after some hours (forgets track positions).

I didn't know that. Bummer.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back