Zune 120 or 6th Gen 120gb Ipod? Sound Qualitywise
Feb 2, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Signal2Noise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zune > iPod
Zune software > iTunes*

[size=xx-small](*)- Especially when it comes to handling large media libraries on external hard drives. Trust me.[/size]

Quoted for truth

I bought a 30gb zune back when they first came out. Worked like a charm. I sold it to a friend in Iraq after I bought a Zune original 80gb. Nothing but pleasure with my Zune. On the contrary, there were all varieties of ipod issues that people ran into over there. The new Zune Pass allows you to keep 10 songs per month of subscription. I've been a subscriber for just over 2 years now and I love it. I only buy certain CDs and only after I've already decided I love it from downloading it *free* ($15/month, listen/download as much as you want as long as you're subscribed)

Feb 2, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #17 of 19
I think the OP already made up his mind but having owned both the Zune and an iPod the Zune SQ is definitely superior.

However, it's software is horrible. I ended up selling my Zune because I hated everything about it. This is not because I'm biased towards Apple or iTunes, I was ready to ditch both but I just couldn't. iTunes is far from perfect, but it at least allows you to do more with your music. And the GUI is minimal unlike the Zunes sloppy hipster style.

If I could find an MP3 player with at least a 60GB hard drive with features comparable to the Zune or iPod I would likely get it, but everything out there is flash memory based, and I just don't like those.

Feb 2, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #18 of 19
I have an iPod Nano and the main reason I got a Zune 80 was iTunes. IMO its the worst piece of software that runs on my PC. It looks like an excel spreadsheet and you HAVE to install quicktime with it. Also it keeps throwing update windows so frequently. I hate it. The iPod software itself looks like something from the 80s. Zune software is much slicker looking.

I was a bit upset initially to find that Zune did not have a proper LOD, but the SQ with my rig (see sig) is just fantastic and I am very happy.

btw, now with the Zune pass, you get to keep 10 songs per month as part of your subscription.

Feb 3, 2009 at 1:57 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the OP already made up his mind but having owned both the Zune and an iPod the Zune SQ is definitely superior.

However, it's software is horrible. I ended up selling my Zune because I hated everything about it. This is not because I'm biased towards Apple or iTunes, I was ready to ditch both but I just couldn't. iTunes is far from perfect, but it at least allows you to do more with your music. And the GUI is minimal unlike the Zunes sloppy hipster style.

If I could find an MP3 player with at least a 60GB hard drive with features comparable to the Zune or iPod I would likely get it, but everything out there is flash memory based, and I just don't like those.

As long as your computer isn't ancient the new Zune software with... what version 3.1? 3.5? I forget. Anyway, its a little bloated and overly flashy, but much improved since the old software. Which wouldn't even let you edit the meta info on songs. But of course, if you're not using the zune subscription, you wouldn't need to use the software. Just sync what you want to your zune and then use winamp or something else that suits your palette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back