Zu Senn cable worth the money?
Dec 16, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zu mk2 is half the size of its predecessor in diameter and it's more flexible. It has new connectors and they fit better into HD650.

Thanks for.the info, this is what they seem to have given me when it was in development. I have been curious for a while.

Dec 16, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

The company said Zu is pure silver. The sound was a little bright when used with silver based Neotech interconnects.

Hmm that is interesting. I thought it was a silver plated copper. Maybe it changed in the new version? I've only heard the original Mobius, not version 2.

Dec 16, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

The company said Zu is pure silver. The sound was a little bright when used with silver based Neotech interconnects.

Weird, it always has been silver plated copper. May be this is what they meant by "silver".

Even MKII
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f21/se...mobius-205970/

Dec 17, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #20 of 22
There is a slight difference in sound between the two versions of Zu. Mk2 is brighter, has tighter bass and a warmer female vocal. But the difference is small, I wouldn't mind listening to either one.

Dec 17, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #21 of 22
I have to agree with what so many others have said, that if you have a good setup the upgrade cable will definitely be an improvement. It's so funny how different cables will work with different setups.

I have the Cardas cable for my 650's. From what I've read, most would concur that the Cardas is a very good cable and a huge upgrade over the stock cable. With that said, most people prefer the Zu, SD, APS, or Equinox over the Cardas. In my setup, the Cardas is perfect. I've got a slightly warm CD player in the C542 connected to my Rapter(a more forward sounding tube amp) with the Signal Cable silver reference rca's which definitely brighten up the sound. The Cardas does a great job of taking the veil off, pushing the mid-range more out in front, but still keeping the 650's great bass.

It definitely has more detail, but is not overly bright, and maintains that nice warm bottom that Senn's have. I think a silver, or a silver plated 650 cable would be too bright in my system. Maybe someday I'll fork out the cash and do a test, but for now I can only hypothesize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back