zu pivot gives listening fatigue???
Apr 28, 2005 at 8:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

eitook

100+ Head-Fier
Anybody on me with this?? On my rig, I used to be able to listen effortlessly for 6 hours straight with my old unbranded OFC mini->RCA cable, but with the pivot, I could only manage 2 hours before my ears give out due to the emphasized brightness?? (and this was on a hd580 w/ stock cable). I noticed that the soundstage was smaller and not as spacious as the cheapo OFC cable. Thoughts on this matter anyone??

Apr 28, 2005 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 12
You might give it some more time. I experienced what you are describing when I upgraded opamps and glass toslink, all of which added more clarity. Listen for a few more days and this goes away, at least for me. I go back to my old stuff and it sounds good but things are too smoothed over and less clear.

I loved the addition of my Zu Pivot to my portable setup. It really opened it up.

I guess in the end, use what sounds the best to you. Hope this helps.

dshea

Apr 28, 2005 at 7:25 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
You might prefer the sound of copper cables rather than silver.

LOL..i didn't even know it was a silver conductor cable till you brought it up!! i just checked the zu page, and true enough they were! boy... talk about blind purchasing!
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2005 at 7:30 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by eitook
LOL..i didn't even know it was a silver conductor cable till you brought it up!! i just checked the zu page, and true enough they were! boy... talk about blind purchasing!
biggrin.gif

I am personaly fond of cables that use both silver and copper such as the ones made by www.headphile.com

Apr 28, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #6 of 12
before typing this thread out, i was oblivious to the whole silver vs copper thingie. I always thought the whole thing on cables was plain BS and overexaggerated (terms like : day and night). Directly after you told me it was a silver cable, i did a search for a silver vs copper thread, and true enough users here were describing the very details i heard (wow...i always thought i was a tinhead and not able to differentiate subtleties). LOL!

i purchased the zu pivot since it was highly recommended under the cheap mini->RCA IC category without any prior research. hooo boy....back to the drawing boards!

now, i'm a believer!!
blink.gif

Apr 29, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by eitook
before typing this thread out, i was oblivious to the whole silver vs copper thingie. I always thought the whole thing on cables was plain BS and overexaggerated (terms like : day and night). Directly after you told me it was a silver cable, i did a search for a silver vs copper thread, and true enough users here were describing the very details i heard (wow...i always thought i was a tinhead and not able to differentiate subtleties). LOL!

i purchased the zu pivot since it was highly recommended under the cheap mini->RCA IC category without any prior research. hooo boy....back to the drawing boards!

now, i'm a believer!!
blink.gif

Accidental double blind test? lol

Apr 29, 2005 at 7:26 PM Post #11 of 12
Hi guys,
I have decided that I am indeed in team copper conductor.But the question is : which copper cable now for a stereo mini-> RCA cable which emphasizes on -soundstage- , and in which configuration (balanced, twisted, etc) ?

I have a DIY cat5e cable and a generic dirt cheap OFC cable which both seem to sound similar. Any recommendation which would blow my socks off? Budget is around US30 dollars.

What do you guys think of the Belkin ipod cable http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=194018 ,Belkin Pureav cable http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...rtableAudio%2F acoustic research performance cable http://www.videoguys.com.au/scripts/...?idproduct=141 ?
acoustic research pro-2 cable
http://www.scorptec.com.au/index.php?prdid=00007238

All 4 seem to be plain vanilla OFC cables, but these are the only cables i could find in Australia since DIY-ing a canare starquad is out of question, as I don't know of anyone here who can help out. Buying then shipping internationally is out of question, as I just shipped in a zu pivot for us30 frickin' dollars and don't intend to do so again!!
feedback fellas??
confused.gif

btw what's the diff between the belkin ipod and pureav cable? How about the acoustic research performance and the pro series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back