Zu or Moon Audio???
Jun 22, 2004 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

KenW

Headphoneus Supremus
Just finished doing a bit of browsing at the Audiogon website and came across a couple of IC's that looked interesting. Anyone had experience with either the Moon Audio Blue Dragon Silver IC's or the Zu Cable Varials? I'm happy with my Grover SR's but I'm now into tweaking my system with cables
and have been considering the Cardas NR as well. Opinions?

Jun 23, 2004 at 2:11 AM Post #2 of 10
Thats more of a lateral movement than an upgrade, I'd suggest looking at the Silver Dragons as there should be more of a difference due to the construction (multiple gauge conductors). Both companies offer a money back guarantee, so theres not really much to loose if you try them.

Jun 23, 2004 at 2:31 AM Post #3 of 10
The Grover SR's are an excellent interconnect. In fact, I own Grover SR's, DiMarzio M-Path's, Monster i-400's, and AR Pro 2's. I have owned Zu Cable Gede as well. What is it you're looking for in your system? What is it you're trying to correct / enhance?

Jun 23, 2004 at 3:41 AM Post #5 of 10
I also have the Nordost Black Knight
biggrin.gif
As for my opinions of the m-path, give me a couple days. I'll have some comparisons. I'm currently preparing for my move to downtown Vancouver on Thursday afternoon. =) The m-path is currently burning in with my stuff.

Cheers!

Trevor

Jun 23, 2004 at 4:27 AM Post #6 of 10
good luck on your move trevor.
by the way sorry the zu gede is not my cup of tea
frown.gif
, it makes my system too warm and smooth, and the bass, although stronger than headphile XRS, is not as tight and well defined IMO. afterall i think the gede sounds a bit better than the m-path and will match well with a bright system.

tiberian.

Jun 23, 2004 at 5:00 AM Post #7 of 10
Interesting.

In my limited listening with the M-path (Only a few hours), I have found just the opposite. The Gede, being silver, and heavily shielded makes for a very detailed system. Especially in the treble region. In fact, it is more detailed, and "treble-enhancing" than my Grover Silver Reference. As for the M-Path; I find it quite bright. However, the sound-staging is excellent. It seems to enhance the air around instruments. It does seem to bring treble forward though. The treble is smooth however. The m-path has better bass than the Gede, but is not as detailed. I am going to give the m-path alot more listening. I am quite intrigued by it. More details later.

Trevor

***EDIT***

Simply put:

Gede: Detailed, smooth treble, decent bass, slightly thin midrange.

M-Path: Bright, forward decently detailed treble, good bass, "fat" midrange, lots of air.

Jun 23, 2004 at 11:34 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevorNetwork
The Grover SR's are an excellent interconnect. In fact, I own Grover SR's, DiMarzio M-Path's, Monster i-400's, and AR Pro 2's. I have owned Zu Cable Gede as well. What is it you're looking for in your system? What is it you're trying to correct / enhance?

Originally, I wanted to liven up my HD600's and many reported going silver brightened things up a good bit. Certainly did but some(not all) of my music became a bit too bright and a tad fatiguing. Felt that a cable switch might be what the doctor ordered.

edit: several have recommended looking at Signal and Z Cable as possible solutions. Suggestions/opinions?

Jun 23, 2004 at 2:34 PM Post #9 of 10
trevor ... I'm going trough IC changing too ...
I'd like to get a very airy/soundstaging cable but I don't want too loose the bass , I need it to be deeeeep and very present ... i prefer to loose some smoothness in favor of soundsage and air ( maybe i missed some of this two when i went from senn hd600 to hd650 ) ..can you advice me?

Jun 24, 2004 at 10:42 PM Post #10 of 10
Bogdan Silver Spirit Reference. Smooth, detailed, with good and tight bass extention. Not the last word in fullness but in no way lacking. Have yet to hear a cable I notice less in my system. Have some that cost more, but have kept these in since the day they got here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back