ZU Omen Bookshelf speakers
Feb 24, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 5
They appear to use standard speaker cables - spade/bare wire/banana plug posts on the back. (spec's PDF here - http://www.zuaudio.com/docs/OmenBs1-A_Specs.pdf) - so you can just run speaker cable from your amplifier. 

I have never heard them - pretty spendy for full range orthogonals with those specs (even with a 10" driver) but they are good looking.

Personally, I'd be concerned about the small cabinet size for that big a driver, but they may have done some trickery to it... 

Aug 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #3 of 5
I am looking at these myself as my living room is all built in shelving with enclosed TV, which is really hard to get speakers to work in. Right now I have my floorstanders perched on the shelf and looking for a better speaker fit. This is one of the options I'm looking into. Anyone hears these on their own in a 2 channel setup? I would love some opinions...

Aug 27, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #4 of 5
I am looking at these myself as my living room is all built in shelving with enclosed TV, which is really hard to get speakers to work in. Right now I have my floorstanders perched on the shelf and looking for a better speaker fit. This is one of the options I'm looking into. Anyone hears these on their own in a 2 channel setup? I would love some opinions...

From what I understand, Zu Audio stuff is pretty pricey for what you get.

Have you looked into NHT Classic Threes? Sealed speakers, so you don't have to worry about rear port problems. Paradigm has front ported speakers.

Sep 1, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

How do they sound?

I'm not aware of their bookshelf loudspeaker, but I have heard the Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekend loudspeakers and the sound was remarkable for their price.  Steve Guttenberg described their speakers to be extremely dynamic, lively performers that produce razor-sharp imaging.  I think that best describes their loudspeakers. Zu Audio seems like they would be a great company to do business with based upon their 60-day money back guarantee and their trade-in program.  I don't feel they are too expensive based on the fact that they use real maple veneer for most of their products and pure steel instead of plastic. If you wish for a comparison, they are almost comparable to the Bowers & Wilkins CM series in terms of build-quality. I'd try a home audition or check if you have a local dealer that is an authorized Zu Audio dealer in your area. If so, schedule a demo session and bring with you music you know best. The best way to decide on a loudspeaker is to listen to it in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back