ZMF Verite Open
Jul 9, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #2,356 of 9,534
eHL80pg.jpg

I fell in love with this beautiful set of cocobolo Verites at the SoCal Canjam and absolutely had to have them. Just received them yesterday and Zach was even kind enough to give them to me for the CanJam price as well as include the pictured Atmos Silver cable free of charge. Not 100% sure if they're fully burnt in yet or not, but I've been running them from my Atom whenever I'm not listening to them just in case! The chasis had a teeny chip in it when it arrived, but after a tiny drop of enamel paint it's barely noticeable.:L3000:

Been enjoying them with the Universe pads as I love how they thump and rumble with them on! That said I'm having a bit of trouble finding what the appropriate listening level for these is. I know they're supposed to be more efficient than the Auteurs but for some reason I always end up at around the same volume levels. I want to make sure I'm not listening too loud since I always end up listening for very long periods of time lol. I'm finding it's very easy to listen to these loudly too because the vocals seem rather more laid back than the Auteurs.

Will take more pictures soon! Waiting to hear back from Zach regarding brass grille care since the grilles have quite a bit of patina on them and I'd like to get some pictures of them when they're nice and shiny!

Absolutely beautiful, my guess on the new wood run is Bocote, @Monsterzero your Bocote Autuer’s are stunning, I love Zach’s work!

Jul 9, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #2,357 of 9,534

That grain is gorgeous! I was never a fan of the brass color but it fits in perfectly with the color of the wood.

Great catch and Zach as well for how beautiful these headphones look.

Jul 9, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #2,358 of 9,534
eHL80pg.jpg

I fell in love with this beautiful set of cocobolo Verites at the SoCal Canjam and absolutely had to have them. Just received them yesterday and Zach was even kind enough to give them to me for the CanJam price as well as include the pictured Atmos Silver cable free of charge. Not 100% sure if they're fully burnt in yet or not, but I've been running them from my Atom whenever I'm not listening to them just in case! The chasis had a teeny chip in it when it arrived, but after a tiny drop of enamel paint it's barely noticeable.:L3000:

Been enjoying them with the Universe pads as I love how they thump and rumble with them on! That said I'm having a bit of trouble finding what the appropriate listening level for these is. I know they're supposed to be more efficient than the Auteurs but for some reason I always end up at around the same volume levels. I want to make sure I'm not listening too loud since I always end up listening for very long periods of time lol. I'm finding it's very easy to listen to these loudly too because the vocals seem rather more laid back than the Auteurs.

Will take more pictures soon! Waiting to hear back from Zach regarding brass grille care since the grilles have quite a bit of patina on them and I'd like to get some pictures of them when they're nice and shiny!
Killer! Thanks for showing.

Jul 9, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #2,359 of 9,534
eHL80pg.jpg

Its funny, I was thinking to myself yesterday, damn, "imagine a Cocobolo Verite....."

Jul 9, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #2,360 of 9,534
eHL80pg.jpg

Bro... I’m so jelly right now. You don’t even know...

Jul 9, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #2,361 of 9,534
eHL80pg.jpg

Very nice. If that's the next wood choice, I might pull the trigger. Also, zmf posted Zach looking at new wood on their IG.

Jul 9, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #2,362 of 9,534
I’m hoping for a Bocote or Cocobolo Atticus, it will be heavy, but my old nickname of “no neck” will actually prove to be a positive :football:...

Jul 9, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #2,363 of 9,534
I’m hoping for a Bocote or Cocobolo Atticus, it will be heavy, but my old nickname of “no neck” will actually prove to be a positive :football:...

There is at least one bocote Atticus floating around out there. Mine,or at least it was mine before I sold it to help fund the Verite.
You can see it briefly in my Aeolus review video. It was a beauty.

Jul 9, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #2,364 of 9,534
My cocobolo Atticus is heavy but a thing of beauty!
Not selling, though.

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #2,365 of 9,534
Jul 10, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #2,366 of 9,534
eHL80pg.jpg

+1 for cocobolo Verites next!

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #2,367 of 9,534
If Zach brings out blackwood Verite, that maybe too hard to refuse..

Jul 10, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #2,368 of 9,534
Very nice. If that's the next wood choice, I might pull the trigger. Also, zmf posted Zach looking at new wood on their IG.
It looked like Purple Heart planks....just saying, I love me some Purpleheart so I tend to notice it :wink:
Now that doesn't mean that is what he is going with =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back