ZMF Pendant by Ampsandsound; impressions, tube-rolling, and general discussions
Jan 23, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #993 of 2,619
Jan 23, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #995 of 2,619
I know....I know.....CAPS and !!!! points should not be allowed by the mods. One or the other....not both.
I don't know....if I had some Blackwood VC's I might do the same thing. Gonna have to remain neutral on this one. 😂

Jan 23, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #997 of 2,619
I don't know....if I had some Blackwood VC's I might do the same thing. Gonna have to remain neutral on this one. 😂
….then tell us about your Atticus AND SING IT TO THE MOUNTAINS !!! 🤪

Jan 23, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #998 of 2,619
Blackwood VC with BE2 pads and Pendant Se is just WOW!
Same with Blackwood VO with Universe & BE2 suede. It's been great pretty much only listening to the Verite Open since I got the Blackwood last month, even though I've had a VO for a couple years already. It might be my favorite headphone again (the VC was my favorite once I got that, but really it's splitting hairs choosing a favorite).

Jan 23, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #999 of 2,619
Same with Blackwood VO with Universe & BE2 suede. It's been great pretty much only listening to the Verite Open since I got the Blackwood last month, even though I've had a VO for a couple years already. It might be my favorite headphone again (the VC was my favorite once I got that, but really it's splitting hairs choosing a favorite).
Oof….not helping at all.

Jan 23, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #1,000 of 2,619
A headphone is a favourite if it is on your head…

Jan 24, 2022 at 12:00 AM Post #1,002 of 2,619
Actually I’ve been wondering, has anyone paired the pendant with small speakers? Would the pre outs work with any passives? Or does it need to be so,e active speaker?

Jan 24, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #1,003 of 2,619
Actually I’ve been wondering, has anyone paired the pendant with small speakers? Would the pre outs work with any passives? Or does it need to be so,e active speaker?
I have paired the Pendant with a pair of active speakers (Totem Kin) and it warmed up the sound quite a bit. For passives, I would need a power amp in line.

Jan 26, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #1,004 of 2,619
Hhhmmmm……or should I say, HUMMM.
Plugged in a new inout tube today, the RFT ECC81 12AT7 tube. NOS from Eastern Europe. This is my 3rd go around with this tube. I have one that is great (only superceded by the Brimar triple mica Footscray). I figured I should have a backup. The 2nd tube had a definite hiss…so maybe not.
This particular tube….no hiss at all, but boy did it make the transformers hum. Like REALLY hum…like put your fingers on them and feel it, and through phones, definitely.
Why is that? (perhaps posing an existential question??)
Does this tube pull more power and make everything “work” more? 🤷🏼‍♂️
I dunno.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 6:44 AM Post #1,005 of 2,619
The RFT’s I’ve gotten sound great, but they do seem very hit or miss on noise. The good thing, besides the sound, is they are pretty cheap. The bad, besides a total crap shoot on noise, you have to get them from Eastern Europe so shipping takes for ever if you live in the US. I bought a quad of them in late December and they are still in the Ukraine somewhere. The last purchase I made took 2 months to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back