ZMF Pendant by Ampsandsound; impressions, tube-rolling, and general discussions
Sep 29, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #92 of 2,558
That’s some pretty wood. Love how it came out. Nice tube choices too.
I'm really happy with the sound! You can blame Zach for the great NOS tube selection. Totally his fault. LOL

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #93 of 2,558
Found this thread today and ordered my custom wood chassis Pendant yesterday! I'm pretty excited! I'll be using the Pendant with the VC.

Oct 11, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #94 of 2,558
IMG_3936.jpg

A little dusty but great little hp amp!

Oct 11, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #95 of 2,558
That wood is beautiful! I'm really looking forward to getting mine. Looks like I have the same glass shelf and glad to see it will fit.

Oct 18, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #97 of 2,558
Looking for a bit of advice from Pendant owners. Have any of you used your Pendant with a dap player directly hooked up? I’d be really interested in knowing what the results were/are like. I’m trying to create a compact little system for night time listening. Vinyl guy here, with analog experience only!

If it's capable of 2v single-ended line-out (most aren't), then it would totally fine to do and easy. Otherwise, there's still options but you have to get a bit more creative.

Which DAP are you using?

Oct 18, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #98 of 2,558
If it's capable of 2v single-ended line-out (most aren't), then it would totally fine to do and easy. Otherwise, there's still options but you have to get a bit more creative.

Which DAP are you using?
Thanks for helping out. I’ve yet to get a DAP. Thought I wouldn’t get one until I knew what I needed. I was thinking of an Android based one so that I could use Tidal and Mixcloud etc. I liked the look of the Hiby R6 pro but I’m not set on that. Recommendations gratefully received. Budget flexible.

Oct 18, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #99 of 2,558
Thanks for helping out. I’ve yet to get a DAP. Thought I wouldn’t get one until I knew what I needed. I was thinking of an Android based one so that I could use Tidal and Mixcloud etc. I liked the look of the Hiby R6 pro but I’m not set on that. Recommendations gratefully received. Budget flexible.

The Hiby R6 Pro is a solid choice, I feel. It has a 3.5mm Line Out, which you can (with adapters) convert to RCA. The line out bypasses the volume control (good thing) and looks like it can do 2v.

Something like this would get the job done for you:

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...ocphy=9003488&hvtargid=pla-299948918055&psc=1

Oct 18, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #100 of 2,558
Oct 18, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #102 of 2,558
Id suggest getting a Bluetooth to RCA box and then run RCA from the streamer to your Pendant.
DAPs are really lovely but if streaming from your phone a streamer could be a better choice.
https://ifi-audio.com/products/zen-blue/
Hi ampsandsound. The DAP would be doing the streaming as I intend it, not my phone. Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Oct 18, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #104 of 2,558
Hi ampsandsound. The DAP would be doing the streaming as I intend it, not my phone. Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

The recommendation was to nix the DAP entirely, buy a nice wireless streamer like the Ifi Zen Blue (has RCA out), and just Bluetooth from your phone to the Zen Blue.

Definitely a simple, streamlined option that would actually be more ergonomically intuitive than DAP to Pendant.

DAP (like Hiby R6 Pro) to Pendant works to, though, of course.

Oct 18, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #105 of 2,558
The recommendation was to nix the DAP entirely, buy a nice wireless streamer like the Ifi Zen Blue (has RCA out), and just Bluetooth from your phone to the Zen Blue.

Definitely a simple, streamlined option that would actually be more ergonomically intuitive than DAP to Pendant.

DAP (like Hiby R6 Pro) to Pendant works to, though, of course.
Yes, I understand now. Thing is I don’t want my phone anywhere near me when I’m listening to music. The potential for distraction is enormous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back