ZMF November // 2023 // MEGATHREAD!
Feb 5, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #2,326 of 2,414
Tbf if you are into cables and expect them to change the sound signature, I advice to look for a studio with a decade or so of research in this segment. There some really talented guys who spent a lot of time with cables and cables only. ZMF is a headphone company imho. To me the ZMF cables are first and foremost a cosmetic thing (and a beautiful one) and are mostly rather random in their overall sonic signature and argueably very similar.
I have quite a few cables from different brands. I would place the Grand Silver Palladium as one of the best I have, definitely for the price. Arctic also makes great cables, but they are much more expensive.

My dream cable would be a Chord Music headphone cable, but they don't make one. I have a few of their xlr and bnc cables, and they are the best I have ever used.

Feb 5, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #2,327 of 2,414
I wasn’t too impressed by Verite Silver to be honest, especially at that pricepoint. Love the looks though.

Feb 5, 2024 at 8:20 PM Post #2,329 of 2,414
I wasn’t too impressed by Verite Silver to be honest, especially at that pricepoint. Love the looks though.
What didn't you like about it? And what were you pairing it with?

I've never had any issues with ZMF cables. I think they are very competitively priced for what you get.

Been in the game for a while, and I think a lot of cable manufacturers sell you a lot of bells and whistles that don't do anything, like high end steakhouses putting gold flakes in a burger to make it reach the $100 price point.

Feb 5, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #2,330 of 2,414

I've never had any issues with ZMF cables. I think they are very competitively priced for what you get.

Been in the game for a while, and I think a lot of cable manufacturers sell you a lot of bells and whistles that don't do anything, like high end steakhouses putting gold flakes in a burger to make it reach the $100 price point.

Don’t gold flakes keep the burgers from corroding? :wink:

Feb 6, 2024 at 6:17 AM Post #2,331 of 2,414

No issues at all its a great cable. Its just never changed the soundsignature to me substantially that I could say - yep this is vastly different, to me it always sounded very close to the stock cable, maybe bit smoother. Paired it basically with every ZMF headphone I own.
Gladiator silver cables and hybrids immidiatly changed / improved the signature on the other hand, so I could tinker.

The ZMF cables are nice accessories in my books but nothing to rave about sonically, so the pricing isn’t justified for me. Excited about the cables you posted nevertheless, beautifull stuff!

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #2,332 of 2,414
Decided I need let go of a number of my recent ZMF November acquisitions..I've only got 1 pair of ears, plus I need to save up some cash for potential ZMF purchase at CanJam 😁

Mangowood Caldera, Quasar VC, #603 VC, and the Athabasca AC are going up for sale today

Feb 6, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #2,333 of 2,414
Anyone ordered on Dec 10~ haven’t gotten their dispatch notice yet?

I have a feeling my Caldera has met with some issue in the QC process, but I have not been given any communication…

Feb 7, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #2,335 of 2,414
What makes you think that apart from the 8 weeks waiting time?
I was told the Atrium was ready, it was added on to the order after I ordered the Caldera.

I was also told I would have a dispatch message last week, and that the Caldera is in its final stages of QC

Maybe they do QC by models instead of first in first out? I am fine with waiting more for a perfectly working product, but I wish I would be informed of delays.

Feb 7, 2024 at 6:26 AM Post #2,336 of 2,414
I will take more photos soon, but the Sirmilik aka Banff 2 is here. It has a purple/blue hue and I like the rocky vibe with orange lava spots. Grills are white gold.

@RoThe
Wow, they look great, congratz!
I can definitely see the similarities to Banff, thanks for sharing!

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #2,337 of 2,414
They finally arrived! They look marvelous. Can't wait to buy an Atrium next. These are redwood burl.

20240207_105810.jpg

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #2,338 of 2,414
I was told the Atrium was ready, it was added on to the order after I ordered the Caldera.

I was also told I would have a dispatch message last week, and that the Caldera is in its final stages of QC

Maybe they do QC by models instead of first in first out? I am fine with waiting more for a perfectly working product, but I wish I would be informed of delays.
Maybe things have changed recently, but historically those emails saying the stage of production were pretty unreliable. I've ordered quite a few sets over the years and have never found them helpful. I've had units ship without moving through the stages. I've had units sit on a stage forever then suddenly ship. I've had units go backwards through the stages then to the last stage. Hard as it is, I would ignore them and go more on the general timeframe given at time of purchase. So if the website said 6-8 weeks just sit tight during that timeframe and if you're past, shoot them an email. I know the torture of waiting for your ZMF to be built, it's brutal. Hang in there, the results are worth the wait!

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #2,339 of 2,414
Maybe things have changed recently, but historically those emails saying the stage of production were pretty unreliable. I've ordered quite a few sets over the years and have never found them helpful. I've had units ship without moving through the stages. I've had units sit on a stage forever then suddenly ship. I've had units go backwards through the stages then to the last stage. Hard as it is, I would ignore them and go more on the general timeframe given at time of purchase. So if the website said 6-8 weeks just sit tight during that timeframe and if you're past, shoot them an email. I know the torture of waiting for your ZMF to be built, it's brutal. Hang in there, the results are worth the wait!
Yup, I only shot them an email based on the elapsed timeframe (twice!) they have given me. Its beyond 8 weeks. I think its not about the wait, I can do that (in fact I am waiting for an amp as we speak - that has been a waaaay longer wait), I just wished someone would tell me what is up.

I guess I shouldn't had asked if there were QC issues in my last email 2 days ago, maybe they don't have clearance to tell me anything of that nature!

Maybe when it reaches another month then I'll have alarm bells ringing... for now I will sit tight and comfy with my VO.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #2,340 of 2,414
No issues at all its a great cable. Its just never changed the soundsignature to me substantially that I could say - yep this is vastly different, to me it always sounded very close to the stock cable, maybe bit smoother. Paired it basically with every ZMF headphone I own.
Gladiator silver cables and hybrids immidiatly changed / improved the signature on the other hand, so I could tinker.

The ZMF cables are nice accessories in my books but nothing to rave about sonically, so the pricing isn’t justified for me. Excited about the cables you posted nevertheless, beautifull stuff!
No worries, I respect your opinion, even if I disagree with it. Glad to hear you are enjoying your set!

This new copper cable sounds absolutely glorious. It sounds a bit more "open" than the standard 2k copper, like it's not as restrained.

Also, you had mentioned a few vendors that had decades of headphone cable experience, can you list/link a few of them? I'm always looking to research product providers in case I have a need for the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back