ZMF November // 2023 // MEGATHREAD!
Nov 11, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #511 of 2,411
What cable are you using?
That is a Double Helix prion 4. The one in the background connected to the amp is an 8-wire Fehu from viking weave cables.

Nov 11, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #512 of 2,411
What are your thoughts on the Tungsten so far?
I haven't been using it a ton since I've been really liking my ZMFs, especially Verite closed and Atrium on the Stratus. But my early impressions of this single sided variant is that it's one of the better planars I've heard. It's really punchy and has an engaging presentation. Super detailed and pretty good imaging. Maybe not quite on the level of Susvara from a detail / imaging perspective but it's a much more fun listen for me. I've been trying to figure out the best amp pairing of what I have as it can be a little bit fatiguing on poorly mastered music. It's also really comfortable and uses caldera hybrid pads (although I don't think you can buy them on the ZMF website). So yeah I really like it but need to spend some more time and write some more in-depth impressions along with comparisons to my other favorite headphones.

Nov 13, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #513 of 2,411
They’re here 😊

Really happy with the look. I’ve taken a couple of quick pics but will try to get something better later. Love the way the purple gives little flashes of blue/purple when stronger light catches them.

Listening to EDM this morning and even at this very early stage you can tell the bass / sub bass is going to be impressive!

L1007455.jpeg

IMG_5129.jpeg

Nov 13, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #514 of 2,411
They’re here 😊

Really happy with the look. I’ve taken a couple of quick pics but will try to get something better later. Love the way the purple gives little flashes of blue/purple when stronger light catches them.

Listening to EDM this morning and even at this very early stage you can tell the bass / sub bass is going to be impressive!

L1007455.jpeg

IMG_5129.jpeg
Despite I don't like purple that much, these're a beautiful looking set.
Really stunning.
Congrats and happy listening.

Well done @zach915m and the whole ZMF team.

Nov 13, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #515 of 2,411
They’re here 😊

Really stunning.

Hey thanks! Aside from designing and tuning headphones, the thing I enjoy the most is the finishing work, and I have to thank @OnlySoMany for pushing me to do the stained ash burst sets again. I feel like I've hit my stride in getting a nice gradient.

Fun fact, on all our closed models I have our mechanical engineer build in a slight radius so that I have the option of more easily bursting the finish through careful sanding and restaining, which I realized was integral to that type of finish on an object as small as a headphone (the methods are different when finishing a guitar because you have more space) - this is something that started with the ZMF Vibro way back in the t50 days.

Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 13, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #516 of 2,411
They’re here 😊

L1007455.jpeg

IMG_5129.jpeg
OMG those are gorgeous!! 😍

Nov 13, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #517 of 2,411
Hey thanks! Aside from designing and tuning headphones, the thing I enjoy the most is the finishing work, and I have to thank @OnlySoMany for pushing me to do the stained ash burst sets again. I feel like I've hit my stride in getting a nice gradient.

Fun fact, on all our closed models I have our mechanical engineer build in a slight radius so that I have the option of more easily bursting the finish through careful sanding and restaining, which I realized was integral to that type of finish on an object as small as a headphone (the methods are different when finishing a guitar because you have more space) - this is something that started with the ZMF Vibro way back in the t50 days.

I've just taken a clearer straight down shot to try and capture the colour and gradients with natural light (grey and rainy day) which may help anyone trying to decide which colour to go for. Is the paler bits in the centre running out to the darker areas created with the sanding / re-staining trick? Very effective, gives lovely variation!!

Big 👏🏻 🙏🏻 for this @zach915m, they really look amazing! And now just starting to enjoy how they sound, don't sound like a closed back at all. Especially with the Aegis, really wide & deep soundstage!

IMG_5130.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #518 of 2,411
You are crushing it @zach915m , these recent sets are some of the most beautiful sets I have seen come out of ZMF yet (or from any manufacturer). These past few years, just wow. And it looks like you are only getting better at it.

Nov 13, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #519 of 2,411
Really stunning.

Yeah I feel the same way about purple. It was my high school team color, so think I got over exposed to purple in my youth. I even had a purple VW bus. But actually I’m not a fan of any of the unnatural color ZMFs but appreciate them. Helps keep my wallet in check. But any of the stabilized or exotic woods in their natural colors or typical wood stain colors really appeal to me.

Nov 13, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #520 of 2,411
Yeah I feel the same way about purple. It was my high school team color, so think I got over exposed to purple in my youth. I even had a purple VW bus. But actually I’m not a fan of any of the unnatural color ZMFs but appreciate them. Helps keep my wallet in check. But any of the stabilized or exotic woods in their natural colors or typical wood stain colors really appeal to me.
It ain't for everybody! But I am a huge purple fan. Something about it... But it has to be the right shade. In these LTD sets lately, the darker purple with the black grain and the slight gradient mmmmmmhmmmm 😎

Nov 13, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #521 of 2,411
Here's a picture of the back panel of the Homage.

_DSC1284.jpg

I'll have a lot of information coming next week, and a product page and all that stuff. We're in line and in full production on it and should have a good amount of units either ready to ship upon release or to ship just after.

And yeah we changed the name because there were too many other products called Arcadia. Homage is a nice name though I think!
I’m sure this will be available upon launch, can you share the dimensions?

Nov 13, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #522 of 2,411
When will the B-stock items be listed on the website?

Nov 13, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #524 of 2,411
Nov 13, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #525 of 2,411

Users who are viewing this thread

Back