ZMF November // 2023 // MEGATHREAD!
Jan 4, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #2,026 of 2,414
I'm guessing the ACs will start shipping soon :fingers_crossed: .. Haven't seen any posted from the stabilized drop.

Did you receive any AC or waiting for all of them haha?
I received the ash one so far. And it's beautiful. Guess I'm greedy to want them all immediately 😅😅

1000024956.jpg

1000024958.jpg

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:17 AM Post #2,027 of 2,414
I received the ash one so far. And it's beautiful. Guess I'm greedy to want them all immediately 😅😅

1000024956.jpg

1000024958.jpg

Beautiful... I'm still torn between the stabilized I picked and the purple burst ash...

One might call you Ash too, since you gotta catch em all :xf_wink:

Jan 5, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #2,028 of 2,414
Any chance to test out the cable yet?? I am really considering picking one up

Sorry I haven't replied sooner that wasn't very helpful of me. I haven't really had a chance to sit down with the holidays in full swing till now. The cable itself doesn't to me make a massive discernable difference as much as the source you are running off of. I'd say the improvement is minor between it and the OFC cable audibly. Where the cable really wins at is it is beautiful aesthetically and way more manageable with far less memory in it than the OFC cable aka it is a very very quality cable that you won't feel disappointed in purchasing if that helps.

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #2,029 of 2,414
Sorry I haven't replied sooner that wasn't very helpful of me. I haven't really had a chance to sit down with the holidays in full swing till now. The cable itself doesn't to me make a massive discernable difference as much as the source you are running off of. I'd say the improvement is minor between it and the OFC cable audibly. Where the cable really wins at is it is beautiful aesthetically and way more manageable with far less memory in it than the OFC cable aka it is a very very quality cable that you won't feel disappointed in purchasing if that helps.
That seems to be the general sentiment regarding cables I've both seen and experienced. They seem more for the experience and aesthetic than any actual sonic differences. That being said, if it makes you happy and doesn't put you in financial ruin, what more reason do you need?

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #2,030 of 2,414
That seems to be the general sentiment regarding cables I've both seen and experienced. They seem more for the experience and aesthetic than any actual sonic differences. That being said, if it makes you happy and doesn't put you in financial ruin, what more reason do you need?
I've always viewed cables whether on IEMs or Headphones as a nice to have not a must have. While I own the ZMF Grand Palladium cable I bought that more to go with my stabilized Atrium and it just be a visually appealing/nice to have (matching connectors/splitters) to complete the experience. I really wanted the purchase to be my TOTL for the most part since I prefer the Atrium over the Caldera. That isn't to say I haven't owned other stuff from Eletech, Effect, Hart, etc... that I also find either nice aesthetically or versatile/convenient for use case nor will I judge someone if they do feel like they are getting something more audible out of it (to each their own).

That said I ran stock, OFC, and the GP with the end result being I'm naturally still going to use the GP hands down, but the money the cable costs is definitely better spent putting it towards your source chain if you don't already have a good one. You're going to get way more of a boost there than in a cable case in point I've run my Atriums now on a Schiit stack, A&K Kann Alpha, iFi Neo iDSD, and a Questyle CMA Fifteen where my CMA Fifteen really makes these puppies magical compared to the others. If you're on a budget always look where you can get your biggest bang for your buck first then maybe get a nice cable.

All that said I still love the cable, I'm fine with what I paid for it, and everything I've purchased from ZMF so far is at a quality and performance level I couldn't be more pleased with.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #2,033 of 2,414
I've always viewed cables whether on IEMs or Headphones as a nice to have not a must have. While I own the ZMF Grand Palladium cable I bought that more to go with my stabilized Atrium and it just be a visually appealing/nice to have (matching connectors/splitters) to complete the experience. I really wanted the purchase to be my TOTL for the most part since I prefer the Atrium over the Caldera. That isn't to say I haven't owned other stuff from Eletech, Effect, Hart, etc... that I also find either nice aesthetically or versatile/convenient for use case nor will I judge someone if they do feel like they are getting something more audible out of it (to each their own).

That said I ran stock, OFC, and the GP with the end result being I'm naturally still going to use the GP hands down, but the money the cable costs is definitely better spent putting it towards your source chain if you don't already have a good one. You're going to get way more of a boost there than in a cable case in point I've run my Atriums now on a Schiit stack, A&K Kann Alpha, iFi Neo iDSD, and a Questyle CMA Fifteen where my CMA Fifteen really makes these puppies magical compared to the others. If you're on a budget always look where you can get your biggest bang for your buck first then maybe get a nice cable.

All that said I still love the cable, I'm fine with what I paid for it, and everything I've purchased from ZMF so far is at a quality and performance level I couldn't be more pleased with.
Totally agree with you. This is why I got the Lokius to allow me to adjust the tones. That said, I got annoyed when one of the stock wires for another headphone started having noise. I ended up ordering the Grand Palladium as well.

Jan 6, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #2,035 of 2,414
My first dip into Hi-Fi with the recent ZMF November. Picked up an Aeolus Stabilized, Homage, Grand Palladium cable, Salire, and B-Stock Pads to try out. I've been enjoying the Aeolus so much and hope the Salire comes in soon so I can share photos of everything together :o2smile:
Couldn't wait for my Salire for a photo together so here's most of it! The Aeolus was called Morass, Homage is the Heritage color, and the Grand Palladium cable has the Aged Copper jacks/splitter. Very happy with how well everything looks together, as well as sounds :L3000:

qdf58p.jpg

Jan 6, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #2,036 of 2,414
Couldn't wait for my Salire for a photo together so here's most of it! The Aeolus was called Morass, Homage is the Heritage color, and the Grand Palladium cable has the Aged Copper jacks/splitter. Very happy with how well everything looks together, as well as sounds :L3000:

qdf58p.jpg
That is gorgeous, they all go together perfectly!

Jan 6, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #2,038 of 2,414

qdf58p.jpg
Looks awesome and every works together - visually and acoustically. Congrats and enjoy!! :beerchug:

Jan 6, 2024 at 7:07 PM Post #2,039 of 2,414
2023 was a beautiful year for ZMF. What new models will arrive in 2024?

I have one new year intention: visit CanJam London to listen all models and be ready for ZMF november 2024.

All the best for 2024! Chris
I'll be there - grab a coffee? I had a great time this year - met so many great people and had awesome conversations.

Jan 6, 2024 at 7:49 PM Post #2,040 of 2,414

qdf58p.jpg
Lovely, lovely combo. Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back