ZMF November 2020
Jan 22, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #346 of 373
Wait is almost over. First heard the VC at CanJam NYC 2020 almost a year ago. What a year :)

1611357471479.png

Jan 23, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #348 of 373
Ok, someone else on this thread was complaining about shipping...and boy, do I get it now! Please understand, I really hate to complain. But at this point I'm just hoping others have had similar experiences and can shed some light.

Shipped Thursday 1/14, originally supposed to arrive Wednesday, changed to Thursday (yesterday), then because of a weather delay, delayed until Friday (today), when beginning 4am it was scheduled to be delivered at the end of the day. That would all be fine with me, but then around noon today, out of nowhere (literally nowhere: no emails or status change notifications on the FedEx app), the delivery date was changed to Monday! Even though tracking shows that it's still "on FedEx vehicle for delivery." I'm so puzzled. Has anyone else had this happen?

I don't want to seem paranoid, but this is the single biggest purchase I've ever made in the headphone game thus far, by a longshot, and nothing like this has happeened to me with shipping. At this point, I'm just praying my Aeolus gets here eventually and hasn't been stolen by someone working in FedEx, or lost, or anything like that.

Ok, paranoid rant over. Thanks for indulging y'all!

Jan 23, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #349 of 373
delivery driver couldn't get to all their stops. probably had a back log of previous packages due to weather problems and stopped deliveries after 8 hours. Not really a Zmf problem but a natural disaster and Fedex problem. stays on the truck for the next day. Happens a lot especially during a pandemic where everybody stays at home and buys online but the same amount of drivers. look up some current pictures of parcel warehouses. they look crazy packed. once you see it you gain a lot of understanding of why it takes awhile and errors happen. there is a signature delivery attached and you can also call fedex and have it dropped at the nearest fedex store too.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #350 of 373
delivery driver couldn't get to all their stops. probably had a back log of previous packages due to weather problems and stopped deliveries after 8 hours. Not really a Zmf problem but a natural disaster and Fedex problem. stays on the truck for the next day. Happens a lot especially during a pandemic where everybody stays at home and buys online but the same amount of drivers. look up some current pictures of parcel warehouses. they look crazy packed. once you see it you gain a lot of understanding of why it takes awhile and errors happen. there is a signature delivery attached and you can also call fedex and have it dropped at the nearest fedex store too.
Thanks for this. I realize volumes are super high and feel for these workers, just never had this particular experience before, where the delivery was rescheduled while still on vehicle for delivery. I had it redirected to a Fedex place nearby as well.

Jan 23, 2021 at 3:29 AM Post #351 of 373
I consider myself very lucky this time around with DHL international shipping. The shipment was picked up on Monday in the States and landed Thursday Taiwan time. Took half a day for customs clearance after paying import tax and the package arrived here on Friday!

Jan 25, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #356 of 373
Jan 27, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #358 of 373
Auteurs have SHIPPED.

7drHiqr.gif

Jan 28, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #359 of 373
My b-stock Eikons arrived today and I couldn't be happier. Pics I'd seen of camphor ones, some of the very light colored ones without variation don't especially appeal to me and I figured if I love them I'd eventually get a LTD set. I find these quite beautiful and should have known, as has been the case with all my other ZMFs, that no pictures really do them justice and don't capture the chatoyance, which is great with these. They just change so much with different light and angles. As is with ZMFs, I always appreciate that each set is a one of kind.

Being such a fan of the Auteur, first impression without burn in (with seude Eikon pads) is that I'm liking them more than I expected to. Also very happy with the sub 500g weight without the magnesium chassis. The new stock cable is also really nice! What makes these b-stock I really don't know. That was true with the Aeolus I got last year too. I wouldn't hesitate to buy or recommend their b-stocks when available. The only downside now is that I don't have anything else on order to look forward to!

IMG_4150.jpeg

Jan 31, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #360 of 373
FD59E410-4CD8-442B-8558-F99F7467D8E4.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back