ZMF November 2020
Nov 27, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #136 of 373
so whats the problem?

what do you think the best solution is? a free headphone? keep the order and wait for the next available unit (given none are made/are available at the current time per your suggestion above)?
They actually do have some already made (according to an email from Bevin). Though they’re currently producing more, they’re releasing them in batches.

I think they should let the few that they over sold to pick from what’s made within the colors that they chose originally. If they bought a blue, let them pick from the blue units already made. Don’t make them wait for your release schedule.

That is the fairest/best option, imo.

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #137 of 373
So there was an error and they offered a refund within minutes, or other options? Besides the frustration of not landing the item you wanted there’s not much to complain about. I hope your friend isn’t trying for Walmart PS5...
Really?

I've been trying to get a refund since Wednesday so I can buy something else and they're not getting back to me.

I've sent two Urgent emails to Bevin and three emails to their support.

No response

Nov 27, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #138 of 373
Really?

I've been trying to get a refund since Wednesday so I can buy something else and they're not getting back to me.

I've sent two Urgent emails to Bevin and three emails to their support.

No response
Yesterday was a holiday, so hopefully they were taking the day off as much as possible.

Nov 27, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #140 of 373
There are no refunds on Ltd runs or b-stock.
It's just an exchange for something else on their site. I'm sure they'll honor a sale for a more expensive item.

Nov 27, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #141 of 373
It's just an exchange for something else on their site. I'm sure they'll honor a sale for a more expensive item.
Probably. It’s going to take awhile I imagine for them to get through their emails. This is the busiest time of the year for them and they might be short handed with the holiday and COVID running wild.

Nov 27, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #142 of 373
Probably. It’s going to take awhile I imagine for them to get through their emails. This is the busiest time of the year for them and they might be short handed with the holiday and COVID running wild.
Actually, Zach said on a live stream most of them will be working through the holidays because they can't go anywhere......but yeah, true.

Nov 27, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #143 of 373
I was another one of the people affected by the stabilized VC sales cart error today. Bevin contacted me right away and was very responsive to my emails. Am I disappointed that the error even occurred? Sure, but IMO ZMF's response was as prompt and professional as could be expected given the circumstances.

Nov 27, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #144 of 373
I was another one of the people affected by the stabilized VC sales cart error today. Bevin contacted me right away and was very responsive to my emails. Am I disappointed that the error even occurred? Sure, but IMO ZMF's response was as prompt and professional as could be expected given the circumstances.
I've had a couple small problems on orders and the resolutions were so generous I ended up happier than I would have without the problem. Given my own experience, along with years of comments here, the idea of poor customer service has to be one of the more ridiculous things I've read on the internet this week.

Nov 27, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #145 of 373
I've had a couple small problems on orders and the resolutions were so generous I ended up happier than I would have without the problem. Given my own experience, along with years of comments here, the idea of poor customer service has to be one of the more ridiculous things I've read on the internet this week.

I will echo this, as well; I had a very minor communication issue on a previous order, and Bevin made it up to me in a more than generous manner.

This is a micro-brand, in the grand scheme of things; and a micro-brand with very high customer service orientation and exceptional integrity, at that.

Nov 27, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #146 of 373
Zach,
I ordered my VC Camphor Burl on Wednesday, but there were no order options available at all on the website like you normally see. Bevin said she'd get back with me on pad choices, but I forgot to ask if you were still giving a discount on upgrade cables.
Are you?

Nov 28, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #147 of 373
Zach,
I ordered my VC Camphor Burl on Wednesday, but there were no order options available at all on the website like you normally see. Bevin said she'd get back with me on pad choices, but I forgot to ask if you were still giving a discount on upgrade cables.
Are you?

I received an email back from Bevin about the pad selection issue I had, and her response was great, as expected.

Nov 28, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #148 of 373
My buddy bought a stabilized Verité Closed only to receive an email minutes later saying sorry, but they over sold.

The only options they gave him were to wait for them to make him one similar, a coupon for the next round, or a refund. They said they fixed the issue on the website, but that doesn’t help out the people that they oversold to (yes, it happened to more than one person).

I think they should let the people they oversold to pick from within the same color that are already made instead of “waiting for the next batch”. That would be the most fair solution since they’re not honoring the sale (money has been collected already).

That’s just poor customer service, imo. Hopefully it doesn’t happen to people in the next round.
It’s not about meeting popular demand, there was an error with their ordering system. They have better options available but are choosing not to offer them. That’s poor service.
They actually do have some already made (according to an email from Bevin). Though they’re currently producing more, they’re releasing them in batches.

I think they should let the few that they over sold to pick from what’s made within the colors that they chose originally. If they bought a blue, let them pick from the blue units already made. Don’t make them wait for your release schedule.

That is the fairest/best option, imo.
@ValentineLuke - just to be clear - anyone who has an order in has the option to choose ahead of anyone else from our selection of Verite Stabilized sets, in a private storefront that we are creating just for these customers because of our store mistake. This will happen BEFORE any other customers have a chance to see the next batch of sets.

There simply are no headphones that we are "withholding" from those who decide to keep their money invested in wanting a stabilized set. We sold ALL the sets we had made today and NONE are left. Buyers who missed out will get to choose from ALL sets we make going forward until they either find one they like, or decide to get a full refund. We have offered full refunds without question to those who don't want to be first in line to see the next stabilized sets.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information - but we have always and will always take care of our customers, it's the most important thing to a small business like us. And what I stated here is exactly what's been stated to customers who made a purchase that wasn't the first in line for the particular set they wanted via direct emails to them.

Edit: I also want to reiterate globally, that this is just the tip of the iceberg on the stabilized closed Verite sets. I am humbled and amazed by the demand for them, they are super beautiful, and to accommodate demand we have a lot more sets to release. We just can only make them so fast for release, and we are working hard to do so. I promise the rest are just as beautiful as this first batch.

Zach,
Are you?

Hey Todd! I believe we replied to you via email! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 28, 2020 at 2:34 AM Post #149 of 373
@ValentineLuke - just to be clear - anyone who has an order in has the option to choose ahead of anyone else from our selection of Verite Stabilized sets, in a private storefront that we are creating just for these customers because of our store mistake. This will happen BEFORE any other customers have a chance to see the next batch of sets.

There simply are no headphones that we are "withholding" from those who decide to keep their money invested in wanting a stabilized set. We sold ALL the sets we had made today and NONE are left. Buyers who missed out will get to choose from ALL sets we make going forward until they either find one they like, or decide to get a full refund. We have offered full refunds without question to those who don't want to be first in line to see the next stabilized sets.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information - but we have always and will always take care of our customers, it's the most important thing to a small business like us. And what I stated here is exactly what's been stated to customers who made a purchase that wasn't the first in line for the particular set they wanted via direct emails to them.

Edit: I also want to reiterate globally, that this is just the tip of the iceberg on the stabilized closed Verite sets. I am humbled and amazed by the demand for them, they are super beautiful, and to accommodate demand we have a lot more sets to release. We just can only make them so fast for release, and we are working hard to do so. I promise the rest are just as beautiful as this first batch.

Hey Todd! I believe we replied to you via email! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!
PM sent.
Thank you.

Nov 28, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #150 of 373
PM sent.
Thank you.

Thanks for being in communication about this so we could answer some questions and provide some more insight!

When something happens in real time, decision making is of the essence. You must think through a myriad of scenarios and if/then situations and try to come to a solution that you think is organized, fair, and provides options.

We simply didn’t have an organized, fair solution that would provide options for each of the few people in this boat that could be instantaneously reverted to. So we got to work at our laptops and started to communicate with those affected, create the bones to a separate portal off the website where we could show them the future builds before the public (this takes a bit of time) and try to pull together what we could make to provide a variety of choice. We then wanted to make sure that each person was fully downloaded on the options presented to them and decided an email that gives and overview of the logistics and presents time for communication was the best approach. I’ll be in touch with those folks more this weekend. We will continue to organize around what we can provide and how we can provide it so that we can make sure there is a “next best scenario.” Please know it is our utmost endeavor to be customer service focused. We’re a smaller company and wear a bunch of hats so we’re maybe not as fast as we’d like to be sometimes, but we are never flippant about the idea of service. I can assure we care a whole lot.

Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back