ZMF November 2020
Dec 8, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #196 of 373
Did you get your question answered?
I did some research and found a post from Zach saying all VC’s come with Auteur Lambskin as the default stock pad. His recommended alternate pad is the Universe Lambskin. Looks like those are the two I’ll have coming with my VC.

I’m tempted by the hybrid options though. I really liked the feel of the suede pads on my Aeolus. I may switch my second pad to Universe Hybrid. I’ll have to do some more research first.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #198 of 373
This is a good thing right? This is what you want? What version of the VC did you snag?
Yes, it’s a good thing! I just couldn’t remember if Auteur or Universe was the default pad. I was lucky enough to get the one-of-a-kind red stained Manchurian Ash. I posted a picture in the VC thread.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #199 of 373
@zach915m - Can you explain what this means from the email?

You might notice that everyone now has the “primary” earpad option as one singular pad. We tune every headphone using the same earpads for consistency of product in QC and to get the “intended sound” out to you. Please let us know if you’d like a different secondary pad because of this, and sorry for any misunderstanding. This is how we’ve always sold ZMF’s and don’t intend to change that! The switchover to a new site caused this error and it’s now corrected.

Dec 8, 2020 at 1:02 AM Post #200 of 373
I did some research and found a post from Zach saying all VC’s come with Auteur Lambskin as the default stock pad. His recommended alternate pad is the Universal Lambskin. Looks like those are the two I’ll have coming with my VC.

I’m tempted by the hybrid options though. I really liked the feel of the suede pads on my Aeolus. I may switch my second pad to Universal Hybrid. I’ll have to do some more research first.

I bought a another set of Aeolus in Zebrawood. Going to try the BE2 pad on this one. I was going to pick up an Auteur, but I really like the Aeolus, and the choices were more to my liking.

Dec 8, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #202 of 373
@Galapac It means each ZMF has a default pad that comes installed on it. For example, it’s the Auteur Lambskin on the VC. They’re saying that the stock pad will be included on every order. You just choose the second pad.

I think the confusing thing is the website doesn’t expressly say what the “stock” pad is for each headphone.

Dec 8, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #203 of 373
@zach915m - Can you explain what this means from the email?

You might notice that everyone now has the “primary” earpad option as one singular pad. We tune every headphone using the same earpads for consistency of product in QC and to get the “intended sound” out to you. Please let us know if you’d like a different secondary pad because of this, and sorry for any misunderstanding. This is how we’ve always sold ZMF’s and don’t intend to change that! The switchover to a new site caused this error and it’s now corrected.
@Galapac It means each ZMF has a default pad that comes installed on it. For example, it’s the Auteur Lambskin on the VC. They’re saying that the stock pad will be included on every order. You just choose the second pad.

I think the confusing thing is the website doesn’t expressly say what the “stock” pad is for each headphone.

Yes correct! Each headphone has a stock earpad that cannot be changed - headphones that come with secondary earpads can have the earpad changed JUST for the secondary pad.

If you have any questions concerning your order send me an email reply to that email you got!

We will make the stock earpad for each headphone clear on the site.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Dec 8, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #204 of 373
Not sure if people know this, but there's a way to get notification via email whenever a Google spreadsheet is updated. Check "Tools -> Notification rules" and add a rule to do that.

Dec 8, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #205 of 373
Dec 8, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #206 of 373
I'm so tempted by the LTD Vérité Desert Ironwood, but the weight is quite the increase from the standard model. I really love the looks though. Absolutely gorgeous :astonished:. I would only rarely listen for more than a few hours though. Also considering the Aeolus in stock form. I really like the look of the plain Aeolus. Only a matter of time before I pull the trigger on a ZMF.

Dec 8, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #207 of 373
Yes, it’s a good thing! I just couldn’t remember if Auteur or Universe was the default pad. I was lucky enough to get the one-of-a-kind red stained Manchurian Ash. I posted a picture in the VC thread.
Were you able to sell that gorgeous Auteur you had on Reddit?

Dec 8, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #208 of 373
Were you able to sell that gorgeous Auteur you had on Reddit?
You must have me confused with someone else. The only ZMF I've owned is the Aeolus. With a heavy heart, I sold it to move "up" to the VC.

Dec 8, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #209 of 373
You must have me confused with someone else. The only ZMF I've owned is the Aeolus. With a heavy heart, I sold it to move "up" to the VC.
Oh sorry, I misread your description of your VC. Someone bought a pair of Manchurian Ash VCs with red hardware and sold their Cocobolo Auteurs. Red stain, red metal, and Dewey's just red faced.

Dec 8, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #210 of 373
Here's the one I bought:
VC red stained ash.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back