ZMF Caldera Closed
Mar 13, 2024 at 11:30 PM Post #16 of 337
Ha - well if nobody wants the burnt angular lines with the stock ash wood we definitely don't have to do it. 🤷

Happy to accommodate 😂

Part of my inspiration for the cup was how much I liked how the Atrium Closed felt in the hand with the angular ridge in the back. So I added in a concave angular ridge on the back, regardless of how anyone feels about the aesthetic, I think you'll love how they feel in the hand.

Personally I obviously very biasedly love how they look too, I can't wait to try some resin with these.

Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Mar 13, 2024 at 11:32 PM Post #17 of 337
Ha - well if nobody wants the burnt angular lines with the stock ash wood we definitely don't have to do it. 🤷

Happy to accommodate 😂
I personally love the burnt angular lines with the stock ash. It’s quite stunning and very unique. Sign me up!

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #19 of 337

Happy to accommodate 😂

Part of my inspiration for the cup was how much I liked how the Atrium Closed felt in the hand with the angular ridge in the back. So I added in a concave angular ridge on the back, regardless of how anyone feels about the aesthetic, I think you'll love how they feel in the hand.

Personally I obviously very biasedly love how they look too, I can't wait to try some resin with these.
The shaping does feel very nice in hand. Fits the palm nicely when donning. I like how the grain lines in the Ash here in the first post integrate well with the shaping without making the front straight edge too noticeable.

1710387758876.png

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 12:00 AM Post #20 of 337
Mar 14, 2024 at 12:03 AM Post #22 of 337
Just found this thread
Loved Caldera closed in Canjam. Deep satisfying bass, warmer than Open.
IMG_1712.jpeg

IMG_1669.jpeg

IMG_1690.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1690.jpeg
    IMG_1690.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Mar 14, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #23 of 337
Just found this thread

Goodness, the wood is stunningly gorgeous in the second and third photos! Especially the Ash in the third photo. Kind of a reptilian look to it to me. If one looks anymore like an alligator skin I may have to bite that bait!

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 12:12 AM Post #24 of 337
If a headphone can unseat my beloved Bocote Eikon, a Caldera Closed in the right wood would be the one.

It sounds like my WA2 OTL amp is a no-go, BUT my RSA The Apache should be an excellent match, I would think?

Mar 14, 2024 at 12:15 AM Post #25 of 337
the wait is finally over!

Mar 14, 2024 at 12:29 AM Post #26 of 337

I actually dig both the angual look, and love the ash. It has an almost black-and-white ebony feel... 😉

I agree - with all 3 statements..

Mar 14, 2024 at 2:55 AM Post #27 of 337
Just found this thread
IMG_1712.jpeg
Here it looks a bit like star trek badge. I must admit, I loved the design from the first moment I saw the sneak peek of blue ash on the ZMF amp thread. What is awesome is that this design looks more prone to change depending the combinations of wood, color, pattern, resin etc. than other ZMF model and I’m sure we will see unpredictable yet astounding results.

Mar 14, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #28 of 337

Happy to accommodate 😂

The curve part is fine but I feel a speed bump when I see that ridge. Is it possible to make the design into like a Crescent Moon instead of this Next button logo?

Mar 14, 2024 at 6:28 AM Post #29 of 337
I dig every CC I have seen so far, and think the design is incredible and unique. Who wants to be the same as everyone else? Not me! :grin:

Zach I applaud you for taking a chance and coming out with a design no one has ever seen. It's cool that you can see a C for Caldera in the design, when the light hits the triangle at the right angle.

I can't wait to see them in person!

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #30 of 337
I'm gonna come out and say it. I don't like the triangle, in terms of looks. Though, I'd imagine there could be some good stabilized options with it. I'll probably wait for some different woods or a stabilized version. I have the Caldera open and really love it, so a closed version makes sense for me, but I want it to look nice as well. 🤷‍♂️ :pill:
I agree in terms of looks. I much prefer the rounded cups to the triangular shape. I greatly prefer the looks of the AC or VC to the CC. From the pictures, the Queensland maple looks the best. Maybe a stabilized version would look good.

I’ve only owned 1 high end closed headphone, the VC, but I sold it because my VO sounds much more natural. Every headphone that comes in a open and closed version, I’ve always preferred the open version. I’ll have to listen to the CC and CO back to back before making a decision to buy one or to pass altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back