ZMF Bokeh Review - The Turntable of Headphones?
Dec 9, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #16 of 51
Thank you. Sounds like I should continue to save up for an AC.
They are both good. Can't beat the Bokeh sound for the price, at least not from my testing against similar priced models. In my experience, you had to move above the 2k range before it was very noticeable.

But yeah, if you are looking for endgame, the AC is more capable. Please keep in mind though you will need better equipment to drive it to its full potential. Wheras the Bokeh is easier to drive.

Dec 10, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #17 of 51
Is there a reason for me to buy the Bokeh if I already have AC? For sound quality only.

Dec 10, 2023 at 11:48 PM Post #18 of 51
Is there a reason for me to buy the Bokeh if I already have AC? For sound quality only.
Probably not if it's just for sound quality. But the Bokeh is a different sound. It's more fun wheras AC is a bit more serious.

Dec 13, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #19 of 51
Lots of focus on the Atrium Closed here. My first taste of ZMF was at CanJam London and I spent much of the Saturday and the Sunday listening to Zach's creations. A wonderful experience with super nice people.
The AC didn't rock my boat especially but the VC really did. For me the Bokeh was very good indeed and if I'd heard nothing else I would have been completely happy with them. Comparing with the VC - well the latter had more finesse as you would expect. They were nowhere near twice as good, but you could certainly hear the difference. Buy the cheaper item (not that cheap!) and be completely happy, but stay away from the item costing twice the price to remain content with what you have.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #20 of 51
Lots of focus on the Atrium Closed here. My first taste of ZMF was at CanJam London and I spent much of the Saturday and the Sunday listening to Zach's creations. A wonderful experience with super nice people.
The AC didn't rock my boat especially but the ZC really did. For me the Bokeh was very good indeed and if I'd heard nothing else I would have been completely happy with them. Comparing with the ZC - well the latter had more finesse as you would expect. They were nowhere near twice as good, but you could certainly hear the difference. Buy the cheaper item (not that cheap!) and be completely happy, but stay away from the item costing twice the price to remain content with what you have.
ZC?

Dec 13, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #22 of 51
The AC didn't rock my boat especially but the VC really did. For me the Bokeh was very good indeed and if I'd heard nothing else I would have been completely happy with them. Comparing with the VC - well the latter had more finesse as you would expect. They were nowhere near twice as good, but you could certainly hear the difference. Buy the cheaper item (not that cheap!) and be completely happy, but stay away from the item costing twice the price to remain content with what you have.
Comparing VC to AC is interesting. The reason I compared the Bokeh to AC is due to the strong bass.

VC is a faster, more delicate headphone. AC is a richer, more full sounding headphone. Neither is bad, it's just a matter os personal preference.

I've also noticed that AC takes better amplifier/DAC to show its absolute best. It scales better than VC. Verite is more linear across equipment.

Dec 13, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #23 of 51
Well, the 1st part of your Playlist was fantastic lol. I only run daps these days, primarily the Shanling M8. I'm on the fence. I don't want the dap to rob these headphones of what they're capable of. Don't want them to sound thin or dry.

Dec 13, 2023 at 10:40 PM Post #24 of 51
Well, the 1st part of your Playlist was fantastic lol. I only run daps these days, primarily the Shanling M8. I'm on the fence. I don't want the dap to rob these headphones of what they're capable of. Don't want them to sound thin or dry.
Bokeh is great on a dap, I used mine and it was great. Obviously a full stack will sound better.

Dec 14, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #26 of 51
I'm not sure if this has been answered yet but is the Bokeh the replacement for the Atticus....or more of a side grade like the Atrium/Verite models?
I'm a bit conflicted since i like the Atticus but want something more sensitive and portable...
As much as I like a stationary setup its just not as useful/convenient as something on-the-go where you can move around and store it in a backpack

Dec 19, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #27 of 51
I own a VC since quite a while, I am step by step not keen on its "punch" I am looking for something a bit more relax, but still well detailed, more natural, is Bokeh might be a good replacement, or shall I go directly to the AC ?

Dec 19, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #28 of 51
I own a VC since quite a while, I am step by step not keen on its "punch" I am looking for something a bit more relax, but still well detailed, more natural, is Bokeh might be a good replacement, or shall I go directly to the AC ?
I would go to the AC if you are looking for something more chill. The Bokeh might be the most energetic ZMF in terms of both bass and treble.

Personally, I like the Bokeh the most of the three ZMF closed backs. With the AC being my 2nd favorite but I already own the AO which I prefer to the AC. The VC is the most technically capable of the three in my opinion but it's sound signature is my least preferred.

Dec 22, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #29 of 51
Any comparison to the Atticus? I’m looking for something to pair with my ZMF Pendant and it sounds like the Atrium Closed is similar enough to the Eikon where it wouldn’t make sense for me. That being said I remember the midbass on the Atticus being very fun and punchy.

Dec 22, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #30 of 51
Any comparison to the Atticus? I’m looking for something to pair with my ZMF Pendant and it sounds like the Atrium Closed is similar enough to the Eikon where it wouldn’t make sense for me. That being said I remember the midbass on the Atticus being very fun and punchy.
I'd have to listen to them again back to back.

From memory, the Atticus has a sharper bass fallout. It's more quick punchy, like a jab. The Bokeh allows the bass to stick around for a while longer, and is more deep.

I don't feel like the Atrium Closed is like the Eikon at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back