ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Jan 19, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #5,581 of 6,245
And let's be real, who's really checking out their headphones when they're on your head? 😄
I do!

1705712006789.png

Jan 19, 2024 at 8:35 PM Post #5,584 of 6,245
... who's really checking out their headphones when they're on your head? 😄
I wear my Caldera's for work zoom calls :eyes: (I got tired of plugging my 6XX's in just for calls...)

Jan 19, 2024 at 10:08 PM Post #5,585 of 6,245
Seriously, you made the right call going for the cherry version with the black grills. My Cocobolo doesn't see as much action as I'd like due to the weight. When it comes to ZMF headphones, I say keep it light, forget the heavy exotic wood, go for black grills and rods. And let's be real, who's really checking out their headphones when they're on your head? 😄

I don't look at them, but I'm constantly rubbing the cups because hey, they're works of art.

Jan 19, 2024 at 11:39 PM Post #5,587 of 6,245
I've heard some describe Atrium as lacking in sub-bass and being "rolled off", and sure they're not as planar flat down to below human hearing, but when the music calls for it they have some serious bottom end. Live concerts especially can sound fantastic.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 11:44 PM Post #5,588 of 6,245
I've heard some describe Atrium as lacking in sub-bass and being "rolled off", and sure they're not as planar flat down to below human hearing, but when the music calls for it they have some serious bottom end. Live concerts especially can sound fantastic.

Totally agree. Though I rarely find myself trying to analyze their sound. They really take me away from the audiophile bs and just immerse me in the music. Easily my favorite headphone.

Jan 20, 2024 at 2:56 AM Post #5,589 of 6,245
Seriously, you made the right call going for the cherry version with the black grills. My Cocobolo doesn't see as much action as I'd like due to the weight. When it comes to ZMF headphones, I say keep it light, forget the heavy exotic wood, go for black grills and rods. And let's be real, who's really checking out their headphones when they're on your head? 😄
The looks are very important to me. I was fortunate to find a pretty stabilized version in the classifieds. I love to listen to them but since I have a large collection they also spend some time waiting for their turn, so I like that they are so nice to behold. I don’t know how much they weigh but I can manage the Abyss 1266 without issues so the weight is not that important to me.

IMG_0886.jpeg

Edit: uploaded a more recent picture as I changed the headband and the strap, the olive of course… :))

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 8:46 AM Post #5,591 of 6,245
The looks are very important to me. I was fortunate to find a pretty stabilized version in the classifieds. I love to listen to them but since I have a large collection they also spend some time waiting for their turn, so I like that they are so nice to behold. I don’t know how much they weigh but I can manage the Abyss 1266 without issues so the weight is not that important to me.

IMG_0886.jpeg

Edit: uploaded a more recent picture as I changed the headband and the strap, the olive of course… :))

Very nice! I almost bought those when I saw them. Especially beautiful with the matching cable!

Jan 20, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #5,592 of 6,245

IMG_0886.jpeg

Beautiful!

Jan 20, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #5,593 of 6,245

IMG_0886.jpeg

Gorgeous set! The cable suits it nicely too.

Jan 20, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #5,594 of 6,245

IMG_0886.jpeg

Very nice. What s that cable?

Do you have Caldera? It is heavy.

Jan 20, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #5,595 of 6,245

Users who are viewing this thread

Back