ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Jan 17, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #4,051 of 6,229
Jan 17, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #4,052 of 6,229
No release date yet, likely, q4 2022 or q1 2023 though.

@zach915m loving the atrium sq and longing for Atrium Closed 🤗 any news about developments?

Pretty positive Zach said he was going to have a working model of the Atrium Closed ready for one of the big headphone shows either at the end of Jan or in Feb so, if I'm not misremembering like crazy, that seems it would target more of a late Feb/March release if everything is still on track

Exact same boat here. Crossing my fingers it’s not quite so soon 😅

I'm working on it! But I will say I'm feeling good about things, need to repeat the process a few more times as Atrium damping scheme in a closed back is pretty complicated. With any luck we'll be showing them at a CanJam and then releasing there-after like with the Caldera. I'll make a video at some point to explain all the finer points of ADS in closed back headphones as it was a dual Patent for the open and closed version of the damping system.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jan 17, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #4,053 of 6,229
I'm working on it! But I will say I'm feeling good about things, need to repeat the process a few more times as Atrium damping scheme in a closed back is pretty complicated. With any luck we'll be showing them at a CanJam and then releasing there-after like with the Caldera. I'll make a video at some point to explain all the finer points of ADS in closed back headphones as it was a dual Patent for the open and closed version of the damping system.
Time to plant the seed in my Wife's ear now lol

Jan 17, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #4,054 of 6,229
Time to plant the seed in my Wife's ear now lol
I'm already there with you....."Dear....if I get this new headphone i'll totally break even by selling one of my other ones instead" :joy:

Jan 17, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #4,055 of 6,229
작업 중입니다! 그러나 나는 상황에 대해 기분이 좋다고 말할 것입니다. 닫힌 백의 아트리움 댐핑 체계가 꽤 복잡하기 때문에 프로세스를 몇 번 더 반복해야 합니다. 운이 좋으면 CanJam에서 보여주고 Caldera와 마찬가지로 이후에 출시할 것입니다. 댐핑 시스템의 개방형 및 폐쇄형 버전에 대한 이중 특허였기 때문에 폐쇄형 헤드폰에서 ADS의 모든 세부 사항을 설명하기 위해 어느 시점에서 비디오를 만들 것입니다.

I'm looking forward to Atrium closed! Will an improved version of Eikon be released within this year?(Like Auteur classic)

Jan 17, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #4,056 of 6,229
I'm looking forward to Atrium closed! Will an improved version of Eikon be released within this year?(Like Auteur classic)
I doubt it. The Atrium Closed, Caldera Closed and Budget Closed should most likely be the next new releases.

Jan 18, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #4,057 of 6,229
I doubt it. The Atrium Closed, Caldera Closed and Budget Closed should most likely be the next new releases.

2022 - The Year of ZMF Open Backs (Auteur Classic, Caldera, Atrium)
2023 - The Year of ZMF Closed Backs (Atrium Closed, Caldera Closed, Budget Closed)
2024 - The Year of ZMF.....? :)

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #4,059 of 6,229
2023 - The Year of ZMF Closed Backs (Atrium Closed, Caldera Closed, Budget Closed)
2024 - Year of ZMF electrostat 🤣

Jan 18, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #4,060 of 6,229
Jan 18, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #4,063 of 6,229
Year of the ZMF surgically inserted brain chip

Jan 18, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #4,064 of 6,229
2024 - Year of ZMF electrostat 🤣

now THAT would be incredibly cool ❤️

though it requires such a massive departure in expertise and build, I can't imagine this happening (even if I'd be thrilled)

Jan 19, 2023 at 4:57 AM Post #4,065 of 6,229
now THAT would be incredibly cool ❤️

though it requires such a massive departure in expertise and build, I can't imagine this happening (even if I'd be thrilled)
That's why I added the smiley.
I don't think this would happen, I'd be thrilled nonetheless.

Audeze and Stax releasing an estat in 2021 hopefully inspired others to join
Estats have something special, I just don't agree with the CRBNs or Stax tuning.

A ZMF, Meze or T+A estat would probably be down my alley

Users who are viewing this thread

Back