ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Jan 19, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #4,066 of 6,305
That's why I added the smiley.
I don't think this would happen, I'd be thrilled nonetheless.

Audeze and Stax releasing an estat in 2021 hopefully inspired others to join
Estats have something special, I just don't agree with the CRBNs or Stax tuning.

A ZMF, Meze or T+A estat would probably be down my alley

Yea, for sure. And there are Estat boutiques out there (Perun etc). I’m trying to imagine Zach figuring out how to harness the speed and delicacy of an estat driver with the resonance of a wood chamber… now that would be something…

@zach915m gauntlet thrown… 🤷‍♂️🤞🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #4,067 of 6,305
Hello Everybody! Sorry to derail the thread a bit, but I wanted to let you know that tomorrow, Sunday ( Jan 22nd) Zach and I will be livestreaming with @TylersEclectic and talking about what's ahead for ZMF in 2023. I think there was some conjecture in one of the ZMF threads... something about electrostats and potential brain implantations...:thinking:

In all seriousness-- we are excited to talk with Tyler and love seeing familiar names and new ones alike pop into the chat!

The place to be is here:
YouTube Live Stream Link

So to recap:

Tomorrow: January 22, 2023
7:00 PM Central Standard Time

...and apologies in advance for anyone subbed to multiple ZMF threads for the cross posts, BUTTTTT, if you're subbed to multiple ZMF threads you might as well tune in!

:sunglasses::ghost::musical_score:

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jan 21, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #4,068 of 6,305
Hello Everybody! Sorry to derail the thread a bit, but I wanted to let you know that tomorrow, Sunday ( Jan 22nd) Zach and I will be livestreaming with @TylersEclectic and talking about what's ahead for ZMF in 2023. I think there was some conjecture in one of the ZMF threads... something about electrostats and potential brain implantations...:thinking:

@BooUrns Brain what? Brain implants or brain implications? Implantation doesn't work...

Could someone kindly point me to this discussion? It sounds interesting...

Jan 21, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #4,069 of 6,305
Jan 22, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #4,070 of 6,305
We have the shortest wait time of the year on headphones right now, dealers often will unfortunately collect orders before ordering from us. The Finnish dealers ordered on Sept 26th and their order should ship soon-ish.

When ordering from a dealer its always best to check if the headphone is in stock. If not it's best to order from us directly. They are specifically told not to collect orders like this.
Hi Zach! Would you be able to shed any light on the order mentioned above?

It has now been almost 4 months after the order took place, but I have yet to receive my Atrium. :confused: The Finnish dealers were kind enough to lend me their demo Atrium so I have been able to enjoy them for a couple of weeks now, but they said that they don't have any idea how long it will take for me to receive my own pair.

I pulled the trigger on the Caldera as well about a month ago and I'm now starting to worry that it will take another 3 months or more for me to receive them.

Jan 22, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #4,071 of 6,305
4 months is way too long. Hearing that makes me just want to order from ZMF directly and pay the import taxes instead of ordering from my local dealer. Hopefully you don't have to wait much longer for the Caldera.

Jan 22, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #4,072 of 6,305
New-ish Atrium owner here. I got these a couple months ago, and I absolutely love them! Previously I had the Auteur, which was good, but not my favorite. I was nervous about getting the Atrium because they have the same biocellulose driver as the auteur. But I am so glad I picked them up! They are fantastic! They're getting more head-time than my VC at the moment, which I didn't think was possible.

I really love the mid-range on these. They give an extra bite to electric guitars over my VC. Funny enough, one of my favorite songs recently is "Atrium" by Katatonia. So I've been listening to Atrium on my Atrium :)

Here they are with my current setup. They sound phenomenal with my latest OTL amp build.
4F907034-74D3-49A7-86BA-48A4D3EA1034.jpegIMG_20221207_105711.jpgIMG_20221206_174153.jpg

Jan 22, 2023 at 7:35 PM Post #4,073 of 6,305
New-ish Atrium owner here. I got these a couple months ago, and I absolutely love them! Previously I had the Auteur, which was good, but not my favorite. I was nervous about getting the Atrium because they have the same biocellulose driver as the auteur. But I am so glad I picked them up! They are fantastic! They're getting more head-time than my VC at the moment, which I didn't think was possible.

I really love the mid-range on these. They give an extra bite to electric guitars over my VC. Funny enough, one of my favorite songs recently is "Atrium" by Katatonia. So I've been listening to Atrium on my Atrium :)

Here they are with my current setup. They sound phenomenal with my latest OTL amp build.
4F907034-74D3-49A7-86BA-48A4D3EA1034.jpegIMG_20221207_105711.jpgIMG_20221206_174153.jpg
very nice!

Jan 23, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #4,076 of 6,305
A configurable redheart Atrium sounds/looks like a dream. Always wanted to own a red ZMF hehe. If redheart comes for the Caldera it's a no brainer for me. Take my money 💰

@zach915m which wood will be available for Caldera and which for Atrium?

_DSC0266 (1).jpg

Jan 23, 2023 at 3:55 AM Post #4,077 of 6,305
4 months is way too long. Hearing that makes me just want to order from ZMF directly and pay the import taxes instead of ordering from my local dealer. Hopefully you don't have to wait much longer for the Caldera.
I actually placed my order from the local dealer a little over 5 months ago on August 18th, but Zach told me that the dealer placed the order from ZMF a month after that on September 26th.

Jan 23, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #4,078 of 6,305
Hi Zach! Would you be able to shed any light on the order mentioned above?

It has now been almost 4 months after the order took place, but I have yet to receive my Atrium. :confused: The Finnish dealers were kind enough to lend me their demo Atrium so I have been able to enjoy them for a couple of weeks now, but they said that they don't have any idea how long it will take for me to receive my own pair.

I pulled the trigger on the Caldera as well about a month ago and I'm now starting to worry that it will take another 3 months or more for me to receive them.
Probably best to send me/support an email directly so we can look into our order and shipping records to dealers and get to the bottom of that. Obviously that kind of wait should not be happening.

Very cool amp builds and I'll have to check out that track!

The drivers in the auteur and atrium are actually two designs, and completely different, albeit both biocellulose drivers.
A configurable redheart Atrium sounds/looks like a dream. Always wanted to own a red ZMF hehe. If redheart comes for the Caldera it's a no brainer for me. Take my money 💰

@zach915m which wood will be available for Caldera and which for Atrium?

_DSC0266 (1).jpg
Both Bocote and Redheart will be available for each mode; atrium and caldera. But we are curating the look for each to be able to produce them in a timely manner. The redheart will be the same specs as the above with the black grilles and red backing.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jan 23, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #4,079 of 6,305
Probably best to send me/support an email directly so we can look into our order and shipping records to dealers and get to the bottom of that. Obviously that kind of wait should not be happening.
Thanks for the response! I just sent you an email. Good to hear that the delivery time isn't supposed to be that long!

Jan 23, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #4,080 of 6,305

Users who are viewing this thread

Back