ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Aug 6, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #2,237 of 6,229
Anyone use your Atrium w/ Norne Vygrade ? I just ordered one. Hopefully it will pair well with it.
I am using mine with a Norne Vykari, which is the thicker/bigger sibling of the Vygrade and its a match made in heaven.

Aug 6, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #2,239 of 6,229
Anyone use your Atrium w/ Norne Vygrade ? I just ordered one. Hopefully it will pair well with it.
I own 5 norne cables and the Vygarde is the only one of the major ones I don't yet own. I am sure it's great. I did recently buy Drausk and I love this cable with the Atrium. Relative to the stock cable, it really deepens the bass response of the Atrium and sweetens up the mids meaning they come a bit more forward and the sound is more musical. I got it in 4.4mm so that I can drive it with a DAP and it really pairs well with the N8ii

Attachments

• Atrium Drausk N8ii.jpg
    Atrium Drausk N8ii.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 6, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #2,240 of 6,229
I own 5 norne cables and the Vygarde is the only one of the major ones I don't yet own. I am sure it's great. I did recently buy Drausk and I love this cable with the Atrium. Relative to the stock cable, it really deepens the bass response of the Atrium and sweetens up the mids meaning they come a bit more forward and the sound is more musical. I got it in 4.4mm so that I can drive it with a DAP and it really pairs well with the N8ii
Very nice looking with the Atrium. Sounds like an excellent choice.

Aug 7, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #2,241 of 6,229
I used to have Feliks Elise and VO, VC. I like them with tube amp. I will change to tube amp soon. But still looking for a good one under $2500.
The DNA Starlett would've been the ideal candidate but the build time does make you think twice about getting it. I'd say it's worth the wait as it is a stellar product and very reasonably priced considering the performance you'd get.

Aug 7, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #2,243 of 6,229
I used to have Feliks Elise and VO, VC. I like them with tube amp. I will change to tube amp soon. But still looking for a good one under $2500.
@hung031086 I have an Elise on classified, PM me if interested. BTW go Badgers (my alma matter). :smile_phones:🦡

Aug 7, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #2,244 of 6,229
The DNA Starlett would've been the ideal candidate but the build time does make you think twice about getting it. I'd say it's worth the wait as it is a stellar product and very reasonably priced considering the performance you'd get.
I know of Donald North from Audio Asylum (tube DIY asylum) and he is very well regarded indeed. I'm sure his products are of the highest sound quality, for one thing they are much like the things that the better DIY folks do, rather than mainstream professionals, and I mean that as a high compliment!

The Starlett uses the TKD volume control which is excellent, I've used it myself, very much better than Alps blue which is commonly used.
It seems he has found a trioded pentode which is better than a 2A3, that must be impressive; I've had great results from trioded pentodes.
I have no connection to DNA, but I like to be fair about products, sometimes good, sometimes not so; no doubt about which with this amp.

Aug 7, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #2,245 of 6,229
Finally met my baby… and I must say… @zach915m you/your team did an amazing job on the colour matching! It looks amazing. (Maybe the new bison strap would be the cherry on top of the cake :wink: )

Now for a bit of overnight burn in. :wink:

Attachments

• 7C888706-9BBE-471B-B056-A522D37AB5B9.jpeg
    7C888706-9BBE-471B-B056-A522D37AB5B9.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #2,246 of 6,229
Finally met my baby… and I must say… @zach915m you/your team did an amazing job on the colour matching! It looks amazing. (Maybe the new buffalo strap would be the cherry on top of the cake :wink: )

Now for a bit of overnight burn in. :wink:
beautiful! i actually really like my aged cherry a lot - the aged copper almost looks extended from the wood. I'd love a bison strap to buy!

Aug 7, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #2,247 of 6,229
What is sound good ?
That is almost more of a zen koan to ponder than a question in an audio forum.

I mean that as a joke not a snide quip because it is a wholly subjective and constantly debated question that people write articles (if not books) about.

Again not snark, but "sound good" or "good sound" is what sounds good to you personally. Every other measurement or opinion doesn't really matter. How to find that good sound is the path of every audiophile really...

Aug 8, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #2,248 of 6,229
If anyone wanted a second chance at Confection (LTD Atriums), please let me know. We had some unexpected expenses come up and I will no longer be able to keep these. Once they ship and I receive them, I’ll take some timestamps.

Aug 8, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #2,249 of 6,229
That is almost more of a zen koan to ponder than a question in an audio forum.

I mean that as a joke not a snide quip because it is a wholly subjective and constantly debated question that people write articles (if not books) about.

Again not snark, but "sound good" or "good sound" is what sounds good to you personally. Every other measurement or opinion doesn't really matter. How to find that good sound is the path of every audiophile really...
The Atrium will deliver to me on Tue. I have a few questions about the amp. I'm using Burson Soloist 3XP right now. Will it pair well with Atrium or not ?
If not, I will sell it and get a tube amp. I saw a Pendant SE is selling right now. I'm debating it, Cayin CS-55A and HA-6A. Or any recommendations for an amp around $2k ?

Referring to this....

Aug 8, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #2,250 of 6,229
Yes it will pair well. My 3XP+supercharger does the headphone justice.
Try it out and if you don't like it then change it. Easy peezy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back