ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
May 10, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #706 of 6,249
We will not be working with ampsandsound anymore.

We have a collaboration with Decware for a reference OTL as well as with JDS Labs upcoming, release dates TBD. I have Cayin HA300 MK II in stock and it will be listed shortly. If you bought an atrium and are interested in a bundle price send me an email at support@zmfheadphones.com.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 10, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #707 of 6,249
My understanding is that Atrium is so open that the hardness of the wood will have very little effect on the sound, if any. I would definitely go with whatever looks the best to you. I know Zach already said that there is going to be a run of stabilized headphones this summer. I'm sure they will get working on it once their current backlog gets cleared up.
Yes I know the new dampening seem to mostly control the decay of the Atrium. Well I never heard it myself so I can't tell to what degree it does that.

There will always be a more fancy new limited wood haha. I will wait forever.
I'm not a fan of Stabilized and epoxy at all to be honest.
Going for the right decay of the wood is what is more important for me actually.

Last edited:
May 10, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #708 of 6,249

We have a collaboration with Decware for a reference OTL as well as with JDS Labs upcoming, release dates TBD. I have Cayin HA300 MK II in stock and it will be listed shortly. If you bought an atrium and are interested in a bundle price send me an email at support@zmfheadphones.com.
I can't wait to see what you and Decware come up with! Sad to see Ampsandsound go though, their amps and your headphones are amazing together.

May 10, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #709 of 6,249

I'll happily wait until you can get all my money for the Decware OTL :)

May 10, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #710 of 6,249

Wow, that's awesome! I put an order in for the Decware (CSP3) last month after looking over different OTLs and decided it would be a nice match. Even though the year-long wait is a bummer I'm going to stick to it. After Sarah @Decware verified my order I replied to her that I just received the Atrium and was glad to support another Illinois-based company.

Last edited:
May 10, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #711 of 6,249
Preach! Honestly, I’d even take pics of in-progress Koa units in the ZMF studio just to help with the wait, @zach915m! 😅
Thanks @zach915m!

0B781149-6274-4C06-912B-D64B6202DF57.jpeg

May 10, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #712 of 6,249

Very exciting collaboration!! Kudos!!

May 11, 2022 at 3:08 AM Post #714 of 6,249
Yes I know the new dampening seem to mostly control the decay of the Atrium. Well I never heard it myself so I can't tell to what degree it does that.

There will always be a more fancy new limited wood haha. I will wait forever.
I'm not a fan of Stabilized and epoxy at all to be honest.
Going for the right decay of the wood is what is more important for me actually.
Most of my past ZMF purchases were Limited Sets. And tbh, I also prefer the natural appearance of wood grain over the stabilized sets as well.

But, seriously, don't sleep on the Cherry. There's a reason Zach made it the stock wood. :wink:

While wood play will be less with this model, I think the natural decay of Cherry is working amazingly well with this tuning and provides a nice contrast to my Blackwood VC's.

Everything comes off as being natural and analog, including decay.

May 11, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #717 of 6,249
Most of my past ZMF purchases were Limited Sets. And tbh, I also prefer the natural appearance of wood grain over the stabilized sets as well.

But, seriously, don't sleep on the Cherry. There's a reason Zach made it the stock wood. :wink:

While wood play will be less with this model, I think the natural decay of Cherry is working amazingly well with this tuning and provides a nice contrast to my Blackwood VC's.

Everything comes off as being natural and analog, including decay.
I don't like the lack of customization and fast sales method on the stabilized sets. Also they seem to turn out a little pale without the bright lighting in the website picture. No Fomo for me on those haha.

The cherry wood is really nice for the Atrium and I would go for it if stainless steel was available. My sets need to fit my silver cable with steel connectors. Zach always finishes the wood nicely to fit the selected grills metal.

Waiting for some pictures of the shipped KOA sets now hehe.🎉🎊🎉

Last edited:
May 11, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #718 of 6,249
Mornin' everyone (or afternoon or evening depending where you are)! I'm certainly not spending my day continuing to refresh my email inbox in hopes of being added to the list of Koa Atriums that are shipping out :wink:

May 11, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #719 of 6,249
Mornin' everyone (or afternoon or evening depending where you are)! I'm certainly not spending my day continuing to refresh my email inbox in hopes of being added to the list of Koa Atriums that are shipping out :wink:
I'm over the one month mark since I ordered my aged cherry Atrium, still in the sanding and finishing phase, apparently.

May 11, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #720 of 6,249
I'm over the one month mark since I ordered my aged cherry Atrium, still in the sanding and finishing phase, apparently.

Same boat - ordered April 7th for the Koa and still in the "wood selected" phase from the last email I got

Users who are viewing this thread

Back