ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Feb 10, 2024 at 10:49 PM Post #5,761 of 6,293
DSC_0231.jpg

I'm coming up on 1 year with the Atrium and the finish on them has kept up extremely well. World class craftmanship. Still like brand new even after hundreds of hours of use, letting other people try them etc. I've only applied Martin Guitar Polish 3-4 times just to get rid of fingerprints and so on, always with a clean microfiber cloth. I did however acquire a tiny scratch on the bottom of a cup on the first day as I bonked one of the cups to the latch of the case. D'oh!

Feb 11, 2024 at 7:04 AM Post #5,762 of 6,293
DSC_0231.jpg

I'm coming up on 1 year with the Atrium and the finish on them has kept up extremely well. World class craftmanship. Still like brand new even after hundreds of hours of use, letting other people try them etc. I've only applied Martin Guitar Polish 3-4 times just to get rid of fingerprints and so on, always with a clean microfiber cloth. I did however acquire a tiny scratch on the bottom of a cup on the first day as I bonked one of the cups to the latch of the case. D'oh!
Those are beautiful.

Feb 11, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #5,763 of 6,293
After some experimenting with the mesh... I found my "sweet spot" with no mesh and Caldera Thin pads!. It is brighter that any other combination, but for my older (58-year old) ears... it is just right. I find the sound comparable to my HEKSE... which is a success for me! :k701smile::L3000:

Feb 12, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #5,764 of 6,293
Long weekend made me did some experiment. Apparently I found a "weird" synergy that I never thought before, for transportable set up for Atrium.

It's Aroma Audio A100TB portable amp. Sound wise is kind of balance-warm, solid attack notes (lively treble and punchy bass) with good midrange presence and kind of "rounded" soundstage shape. Tried with Hiby R8ii, the additional Aroma amp improve grip, impact, soundstage and density of notes.

It was just later on that I found this A100TB actually has peak power at 100 ohm (and 300mw at 300 ohm). I think the impedance out of this amp should be high enough (not typical below 1 Ohm).

Again, I never thought a portable amp that designed to be paired with IEM, actually sound great for Atrium.

Feb 12, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #5,765 of 6,293
Posting this here as it helped a couple people on the Bokeh thread. Wanted to quickly share my method for switching ZMF pads, as I continue to see folks struggling with this on all the different ZMF threads and this cuts the pad change time down to seconds. Please try this and let me know if it helps.

Feb 12, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #5,766 of 6,293
Posting this here as it helped a couple people on the Bokeh thread. Wanted to quickly share my method for switching ZMF pads, as I continue to see folks struggling with this on all the different ZMF threads and this cuts the pad change time down to seconds. Please try this and let me know if it helps.

Genius!

Feb 12, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #5,767 of 6,293

Dude!

giphy212.gif

Feb 12, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #5,768 of 6,293

Love it

Feb 12, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #5,769 of 6,293
Feb 12, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #5,770 of 6,293

However, it only works when my mesh is in place, otherwise it doesn't. Otherwise the inner fabric gets stuck to the mesh and the inner fabric gets damaged because it is very sensitive.
Similar to tights for women.😉
But thanks for the tip, 🙏🙏🙏🙏.

Feb 12, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #5,771 of 6,293

I’m sure I’m not the only one that is doing some serious pad rolling tonight. The pinching in place is key. (I was already doing that.) But seating the rest of the circumference from the inside is far superior. Thinking inside the cup can still be outside the box. Nice.

Feb 12, 2024 at 8:45 PM Post #5,772 of 6,293
Yeah, when it comes to pad changing, he's definitely the Ace.
I'm taking umbrage to that comment. I've been telling people to use that method for years now.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #5,773 of 6,293
I'm taking umbrage to that comment. I've been telling people to use that method for years now.

I was just making a Lemmy/Motorhead joke. :)

Feb 12, 2024 at 11:20 PM Post #5,774 of 6,293
so I had my atrium for around a week now, and I'm notice something weird that the sounds seems to be coming from behind me(almost like the phase has been inverted), and vocals seems to be coming from right at my face, does that change or is that just how the atrium sounds?

Feb 12, 2024 at 11:30 PM Post #5,775 of 6,293

Users who are viewing this thread

Back