ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Apr 15, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #242 of 6,518
So there really haven't been any pictures of Koa Atriums in the wild? Just Olives and Bubingas?
Zach mentioned 3 to 6 weeks shipping time for the Koa Atriums. I don't expect any sets to arrive this month.

The bubingas were mostly prepared before the release. So most of them should have been shipped already.

Olive atrium ?

Apr 15, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #243 of 6,518
Apr 15, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #244 of 6,518
Zach mentioned 3 to 6 weeks shipping time for the Koa Atriums. I don't expect any sets to arrive this month.

The bubingas were mostly prepared before the release. So most of them should have been shipped already.

Olive atrium ?

Sorry, indeed I meant Cherry. Thanks for the details on the Koa Atrium shipping times. So indeed we will see them in May. I wonder if the limited run will still be open by the time we see the first ones...

Apr 15, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #246 of 6,518
Sorry, indeed I meant Cherry. Thanks for the details on the Koa Atrium shipping times. So indeed we will see them in May. I wonder if the limited run will still be open by the time we see the first ones...
Zach mentioned he'd been stockpiling Koa, so I don't think we'll see another LTD until sometime in Summer. So there should be plenty of time.

Apr 15, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #247 of 6,518
Zach mentioned he'd been stockpiling Koa, so I don't think we'll see another LTD until sometime in Summer. So there should be plenty of time.

That's what I'm counting on. I want to see how the KOA wood turns out. Sadly Zach's pictures in the website don't show how the wood looks in a normal lighting sometimes. Yes I know luminescence and chatoyance of the wood is hard to capture naturally in a picture. The best pictures are always very bright to show the wood grain. In person ZMFs are mostly darker than on pictures.

He always finishes the wood to match the chosen grill/rod material and also some kinds of wood seem to differ very much. KOA might be one of these woods just like my olive VC. I saw olive wood come out in many different ways because of the natural figures in the wood.

I got the Atticus in Blackwood which is my absolute favourite. So I'm fine even if I have to wait for a new wood for the atrium that catches my interest.
Maybe for ZMF November the closed Atrium will be available already. Zach makes the first closed headphones I do really enjoy. Alot of temptation and choices....

Apr 15, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #248 of 6,518
good to know! i was really anxious because i need to sell something to place my order and i looked everyday to see if the KOA ltd was gone or not. I WANT THAT KOA! :D

Apr 15, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #249 of 6,518
Well coming fr totl iems and getting hekse and atrium is going to be interesting comparison for me. Plan is to keep them all and rotate them each day! Hopefully they all complement each other!

Would love to hear your thoughts between them! I run a HE1000se and Vérité Closed and find it to be a great pairing for different moods and presentations, but I'm considering selling my stabilized VC for the Atrium.

Apr 15, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #250 of 6,518
I got the Atticus in Blackwood which is my absolute favourite. So I'm fine even if I have to wait for a new wood for the atrium that catches my interest.
As a fellow blackwood fan, I am falling in love with cherry...

Attachments

• PXL_20220415_212513750.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220415_212513750.MP.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 0
Apr 15, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #251 of 6,518
Would love to hear your thoughts between them! I run a HE1000se and Vérité Closed and find it to be a great pairing for different moods and presentations, but I'm considering selling my stabilized VC for the Atrium.
It was a tough choice, mostly being my 1st ZMF and had a pretty solid offer on VO. It's the staging of the depth on Atrium that I have been reading from users that sold me! Let's see how it holds up!

Apr 15, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #253 of 6,518
Sadly Zach's pictures in the website don't show how the wood looks in a normal lighting sometimes. Yes I know luminescence and chatoyance of the wood is hard to capture naturally in a picture. The best pictures are always very bright to show the wood grain. In person ZMFs are mostly darker than on pictures.
Yeah, the chatoyance is real hard to capture on camera. The short videos Zach does is the best as it shows how it moves and dances around. It still needs a lot of light for a camera to grab the radiance and holographic glow. The colors may be lighter but in person the color has more depth and contrast and my bubinga looks amazing in person.

Here is a decently accurate pic of mine, all those lighter spots in the wood is ribbony chatoyance. I just cant get it to translate on camera because in person it just glows.

Attachments

• IMG_20220415_134236~2.jpg
    IMG_20220415_134236~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Apr 16, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #254 of 6,518
Would the Atrium play efficiently with the M17? I don't have a desktop setup yet so M17 is my go to for now with the R8.
I run my Verite closed with a M17 with absolutely no issue. Since the atrium is also 300ohms, etc. you should have no issues.
I run on amplifier high (not super) 80-95
out of 120 on volume for a pretty loud experience. 70 for regular listening.
Hope that helps.

Apr 16, 2022 at 4:08 AM Post #255 of 6,518
Would the Atrium play efficiently with the M17? I don't have a desktop setup yet so M17 is my go to for now with the R8.
Sounds awesome to my ears - Atrium with the M17.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back