ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Apr 14, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #226 of 6,518
Perhaps I'm not paying much attention to the Atrium, it's very cool to see the mesh options. Such a nice design tuning.

Parax You are everywhere 🤣

F06D1D2B-3CB5-4920-AA01-D9AC7AEA6D89.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2022 at 6:36 PM Post #227 of 6,518
Since you already have the auteur … the atrium would be the natural upgrade 😃

And maybe you could also start thinking to sell the empy too 🥱

OFC imho 😇
My thoughts exactly and i do indeed have the empy for sale.

Apr 14, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #228 of 6,518
Apr 14, 2022 at 7:05 PM Post #229 of 6,518
It's blameless curiosity. Nothing can touch the Valkyria and 1266 TC.

But both atrium and VO deserve a place on my collection 😃 zmf sound is zmf sound. And you know how much I love the 1266 😍

Apr 14, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #230 of 6,518
But both atrium and VO deserve a place on my collection 😃 zmf sound is zmf sound. And you know how much I love the 1266 😍
And ZMF sound is lovely.

Apr 14, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #231 of 6,518
It's blameless curiosity. Nothing can touch the Valkyria and 1266 TC.
That may be, but then again, I've seen a couple comments surrounding the Atrium and how it matches (and one said surpasses) Abyss wrt dynamics & impact. Only your ears can be the judge on that, tho. :wink:

Not tryna turn this thread into a giant comparo fest. Just wanted to poke para's curiosity bear a little is all. :D

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #232 of 6,518
There is some sort of witchery going on between the Atrium and pretty much any AC/DC album ever made.
The Atrium really shows off its staging, imaging and dynamics prowess. Dont believe me? Throw on For Those About To Rock. Thank me later. :L3000:

71V01A3w2JL._AC_SX466_.jpg
I have always enjoyed the music, but I never realized how well mastered the albums are till listening on the Atrium. Thanks for the suggestion!

Apr 14, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #233 of 6,518
Quicksilver and Atrium killing it with AC/DC tonight. Love these cans.

Apr 14, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #234 of 6,518
This is the headphone with rock. Anything from classic hard rock like led zeppelin i-iv to more modern recordings like radiohead in rainbows.

Gotten the chance to listen to red hot chilli peppers latest album with the atrium and it has been a delight. Showcase the headphone’s blend of dynamism, sense of space and guitar rendition. It never sounded dull and is aggressively thumping away at every bass line without restraints.

I’ll listen to the same album with the verite this evening just to compare the listening experience. Will also throw in a couple of rammstein with atrium just to hear how hard it slams with more aggressive industrial stuff. So far nothing gets lost or congested with the atrium which is indicative of it’s technical prowess.

Apr 15, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #236 of 6,518
This is the headphone with rock. Anything from classic hard rock like led zeppelin i-iv to more modern recordings like radiohead in rainbows.

Gotten the chance to listen to red hot chilli peppers latest album with the atrium and it has been a delight. Showcase the headphone’s blend of dynamism, sense of space and guitar rendition. It never sounded dull and is aggressively thumping away at every bass line without restraints.

I’ll listen to the same album with the verite this evening just to compare the listening experience. Will also throw in a couple of rammstein with atrium just to hear how hard it slams with more aggressive industrial stuff. So far nothing gets lost or congested with the atrium which is indicative of it’s technical prowess.
Looking forward to this report 👀. I had just listened to RHCP 2 days ago. Between my Legend X and Solaris SE and yeah... sounds way better with the Solaris stage trickery and separation. Sometimes you just don't need all that bass 🤣

Apr 15, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #237 of 6,518
Looking forward to this report 👀. I had just listened to RHCP 2 days ago. Between my Legend X and Solaris SE and yeah... sounds way better with the Solaris stage trickery and separation. Sometimes you just don't need all that bass 🤣
That is true. In terms of quantity I don't think find it bassy ala Legend X but the way Atrium respond to dynamics swings and how much air the driver pushes and the way it renders bass texture is what sold me this headphone. The primary strength that makes this headphone stick around long term for most is likely it's midrange presentation and timbre both of which are very subjective. Do share your thoughts once you've heard it.

Apr 15, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #238 of 6,518
Well coming fr totl iems and getting hekse and atrium is going to be interesting comparison for me. Plan is to keep them all and rotate them each day! Hopefully they all complement each other!

Apr 15, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #240 of 6,518
Has anyone received their Koa Atrium yet? Any pictures?
Indeed - we are waiting in frantic patience here.
The pictures on the website are very different to the Koa VC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back