ZMF Atrium, Caldera and Verite Open LTD Editions and More (FIRE FLAME FEB)
Feb 7, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #46 of 60
Feb 7, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #47 of 60
I don't understand why you guys agree to these sorts of arrangements.

I would never answer to someone else about how I spend my money.
The bold part is often a deciding factor.
In many relationships it's "our money", often with reason. Like when one took a step back in his own career to support the career of the other.

In those cases it's only natural that both have a saying on how the money is spent.

If your relationship works in a way that you're financially completely independent from each other, then sure there is no need to answer to someone how money is spent

Feb 7, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #48 of 60
I completely understand having to convince a husband or wife of a large purchase, as I've had to in the past. My opinion is, find yourself a SO that lets you enjoy your hobby responsibly otherwise you will resent them. Especially if you let them enjoy theirs.

Feb 15, 2023 at 4:38 AM Post #49 of 60
Caldera Redheart arriving Friday, just received FedEx tracking link! I've almost cycled through the complete, epic ZMF line up so I can't wait to see how this stacks up... also super excited compare to Susvara. I suspect they will compliment one another....

Feb 15, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #50 of 60
Caldera Redheart arriving Friday, just received FedEx tracking link! I've almost cycled through the complete, epic ZMF line up so I can't wait to see how this stacks up... also super excited compare to Susvara. I suspect they will compliment one another....
I'm very jealous! I just got an email yesterday saying they have chosen the block of wood from which they will build my camphor burl Verites (and I purchased on day one of availability). I imagine this is going to take a while... That's OK. The anticipation is all part of the game, right?

Feb 15, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #51 of 60
Extreme FOMO settl
extreme FOMO taking hold

Feb 15, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #52 of 60
I'm very jealous! I just got an email yesterday saying they have chosen the block of wood from which they will build my camphor burl Verites (and I purchased on day one of availability). I imagine this is going to take a while... That's OK. The anticipation is all part of the game, right?
Why can't we choose our own blocks of wood?

Feb 15, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #53 of 60
Feb 16, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #54 of 60

You got the one I've been staring at for the past few weeks. You're right - it will be an excellent compliment to the Susvara.

Why can't we choose our own blocks of wood?

I assume it's something related to how @zach915m procures the wood - which is may be done in small batches and without much prior knowledge to knowing what they'll be getting.

Individual blocks of wood sitting also aren't really financially smart when you can order a small batch, premake the headphones, and someone inevitably will find one they like anyways.

Sure he can clarify with a more official response soon.

A customer can have any color he wants, as long as it’s black

Does it come in black is always the real question one should ask first :wink:

Feb 17, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #55 of 60
You got the one I've been staring at for the past few weeks. You're right - it will be an excellent compliment to the Susvara.

I assume it's something related to how @zach915m procures the wood - which is may be done in small batches and without much prior knowledge to knowing what they'll be getting.

Individual blocks of wood sitting also aren't really financially smart when you can order a small batch, premake the headphones, and someone inevitably will find one they like anyways.

Sure he can clarify with a more official response soon.

Does it come in black is always the real question one should ask first :wink:
We will have a custom shop I hope someday. 😜. Then the future owner can curate parts of the build.

The more custom options/choices
, the more inventory and sku's needed and the more possible waste and unused parts. So it's very costly. The headphones are already very expensive to make so we make every effort to make the cost what it is.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Feb 17, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #57 of 60
Holy mother of god, is this set just unworldly. The grain is amazing > Look at first close up image. I had to set all of my LEDs to red in order to celebrate. Listening now. First few words that come to mind: Rich, Detailed, Holographic. Fast. Pinpoint imaging
Cladera.PNG

Feb 17, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #58 of 60
I think paying thousands of dollars for headphones is too much money, not that I'm not guilty of it (Atrium, well worth it) but these are so beautiful they pass as works of art, honestly, contemporary. Ampsandsound tube amps are the same, the really nice ones are so beautiful with the wood sides and black thick tops.

Schiit is functionally attractive, I really enjoy their small amps, I have a set in black and silver. I would like to buy a set in pastel, one day I may paint mine, to match the houses down here in Florida.

Mar 18, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #60 of 60
I’m going to just mention that San Diego has plenty of office space for the right headphone company. And we really need to grow the headphone community here, so all of the rest of ya’ll that are shovelling snow this weekend just think about it…

And I’m being totally selfless here, not just trying to get everyone closer to me. Really! *cough*
San Diego guy here too my man! Agreed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back