ZMF Aeolus Impressions thread
Aug 20, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #1,622 of 6,741
The Jot really is a killer amp for the money! I use mine at work now, with my ZMF Classic headphones and Modi Multibit, and that combo is awesome. I think the Jot's slightly bright tilt, really works well with the ZMF warmth.

Yep, the Jot is quite the little powerhouse for its price. It pairs very nicely with my La Figaro, so I've got a good SS and OTL amp. I think I'd be hard pressed to upgrade either, due to space limitations on my desk.

Aug 20, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #1,623 of 6,741
My Ziricote Verite has black grills and brass rods :wink: Dare to be different lol...I can’t wait for my closed Verite...I’ll be requesting something interesting...*wry smile here*
well, whatever it is - post some photos when you get it :L3000:

Aug 20, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #1,625 of 6,741
Sounds like my Aeolus is shipping this week! I am going to remain cryptic like @Darthpool...Zach fulfilled some special requests on this one, and I am very excited to show it off to you guys. Will be spending a few weeks seeing how it stacks up vs my Auteur and sharing my thoughts.

Aug 20, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #1,626 of 6,741
Sounds like my Aeolus is shipping this week! I am going to remain cryptic like @Darthpool...Zach fulfilled some special requests on this one, and I am very excited to show it off to you guys. Will be spending a few weeks seeing how it stacks up vs my Auteur and sharing my thoughts.
Just remember: it didn't happen if no photos are posted... :wink:

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #1,627 of 6,741
nice. im currently no. 3 on the list. i did receive a reply from mr zach recently stating that my aeolus order will be posted before the end of the month. finger crossed :)

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #1,628 of 6,741
Got the universe suede perf pads in today and I'm in the process of giving them a listen. So far, I am liking them and think they are just as good as the stock perf lambskins. I definitely like them better than the Verite pads right away.

Update: One thing I think I am noticing is that the slight reduction in mid-bass, has allowed the sub-bass to come through more. I'll need to listen to them more, only had about two hours with them yesterday. I plan to use the Aeolus exclusively, for the next few days to give them a good rundown. As I said, they are as good as the stock pads and both compliment the other quite well.

I think his headphone is very versatile ,with the different pad options, and really lends itself to someone who only wants one great headphone or only wants to pay for one great one.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #1,629 of 6,741
DB7534A9-24F0-4873-BFA4-DBE774FD587A.jpeg

Aeolus, tubes and Lagavulin. It’s been a stressful couple of weeks, but damn, this combo is making it all seem like a distant memory now.

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #1,630 of 6,741

Aeolus, tubes and Lagavulin. It’s been a stressful couple of weeks, but damn, this combo is making it all seem like a distant memory now.
Enjoy Dave!
I am waiting for my Aeolus... already got the tubes... would a different single malt work, or do I have to look for Lagavulin?! :thinking:

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #1,631 of 6,741
Enjoy Dave!
I am waiting for my Aeolus... already got the tubes... would a different single malt work, or do I have to look for Lagavulin?! :thinking:

Hahaha! I mean, if you went for Bunnahabhain, I couldn’t fault you. If it was Dewars, I might question your judgement. :wink:

Aug 22, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #1,632 of 6,741
Hahaha! I mean, if you went for Bunnahabhain, I couldn’t fault you. If it was Dewars, I might question your judgement. :wink:
Don't think I have EVER had: Lagavulin, Bunnahabhain or Dewars...
In fact, up until 5-6 years ago, I thought I hated whiskey and scotch. Then, I discovered that I hated the ones that are smokey... I actually really like the ones from the highlands (Tomatin, Glenmorangie, Macallan) :beerchug:

Aug 22, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #1,633 of 6,741
In fact, up until 5-6 years ago, I thought I hated whiskey and scotch. Then, I discovered that I hated the ones that are smokey... I actually really like the ones from the highlands (Tomatin, Glenmorangie, Macallan) :beerchug:

Those are some good choices for sure! Great whiskey and great headphones are definitely an incredible luxury. Feeling lucky. :)

Aug 23, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #1,634 of 6,741

Probably not gona like Lagavulin then. It's a good 'n peaty Islay....some would say almost "iodine" like. Same goes for Laphroaig, just a bit less peaty. Me, I love the peaty Scotches, Lagavulin is one of my go to's. I prefer Islays over any others usually.

Aug 23, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #1,635 of 6,741
Here's an older picture of my Scotch and Irish Whiskey collection. If I had to choose just one, it would Bushmills 21 year, the notes that hit you is pepper/spice and a very smooth dry fruit finish. As for Scotch, I preferred ones from the Islay region. Ardbeg 10 year is great for the price as in my State prices have skyrocketed. I've had Macallan 25 year neat for my Wife and I's anniversary and for the price of one glass I wasn't impressed. 2nd glass was Oban 18 year and was much more enjoyable, the saddest part, one snifter of Macallan 25 was double or more than an entire bottle of Oban 18.

IMG_0001.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back