ZMF Aeolus Impressions thread
Jan 14, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #451 of 6,741
I received my Aeolus on Saturday. Been giving them a listen over the weekend. Still getting used to them; very different sound compared to my other headphones.

ZMF Aeoulus Ziricote LTD (2 of 2).jpg

ZMF Aeoulus Ziricote LTD (1 of 2).jpg

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #452 of 6,741
Trump was elected president.
When did that happen?! :astonished:
Never saw that on Head-Fi homepage... Guess I should go to other websites as well??

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #454 of 6,741
I received my Aeolus on Saturday. Been giving them a listen over the weekend. Still getting used to them; very different sound compared to my other headphones.

I do so love ziricote. Looks great! Congrats!

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #458 of 6,741
In what ways exactly?

They are darker than I expected. At least I think darkness is what I am hearing; I'd say it is that or warmth. These are the first pair of ZMF headphones I have heard and to me, they sound darker than my LCD-2c. Granted I am running them out of my Jot via a balanced cable. I am still waiting on my La Figaro to return from being repaired. Oh, and take my comments on sound with a grain of salt, I'm not that good at describing what I think headphones sound like.

Jan 14, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #459 of 6,741
They are darker than I expected. At least I think darkness is what I am hearing; I'd say it is that or warmth. These are the first pair of ZMF headphones I have heard and to me, they sound darker than my LCD-2c. Granted I am running them out of my Jot via a balanced cable. I am still waiting on my La Figaro to return from being repaired. Oh, and take my comments on sound with a grain of salt, I'm not that good at describing what I think headphones sound like.

I think theyre a warm headphone. I share my thoughts on tubes and amping them here.

Jan 14, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #461 of 6,741
Jan 14, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #462 of 6,741
ZMF Speakers? :thinking:

Ha when i googled it some B&W speakers popped up with ZMF name.

ok "electro- dynamic transducers made by ZMF"

There aren't many HD pics or closeups at different angles. Would be cool to see the differences in Aeolus, Auteur, Verite drivers.

Has anyone seen them separate from the actual headphones? Just curious.

giphy.gif

Also I asked before if these drivers are made in USA? I used to love the old USA subwoofers. Would be cool if they are.

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #463 of 6,741
Ha when i googled it some B&W speakers popped up with ZMF name.

ok "electro- dynamic transducers made by ZMF"

There aren't many HD pics or closeups at different angles. Would be cool to see the differences in Aeolus, Auteur, Verite drivers.

Has anyone seen them separate from the actual headphones? Just curious.

giphy.gif

Also I asked before if these drivers are made in USA? I used to love the old USA subwoofers. Would be cool if they are.

If I remember correctly, the Atticus/Aeolus and Autuer/Eikon drivers are made out of the country due to several different factors. Mostly needing lower production volume than US companies required. Not sure about the Verite drivers.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #464 of 6,741
@zach915m - is it too early for me to share these? Padauk speakers.

FA48KQDJ7GGFSTS.LARGE.jpg

(I'm kidding guys, don't freak out.)

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #465 of 6,741

Users who are viewing this thread

Back