ZMF Aeolus Impressions thread
Jan 1, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #421 of 6,717
Initially I really liked the Universe pads on the Aeolus, but as I've been able to spend more time with them, I've slightly shifted my preference to the Verite pads. I like the staging a bit more with the flatter pads as it creates a more head-wrapping, in-your-face soundstage (as opposed to a more traditional one with the Universe pads). Also of note, the Verite pads aren't quite as comfortable due to being more shallow than the Universe pads. I think this will come down to personal preference for a lot of people though. My advice would be to get both pads and see which suits you better. They're also so easy to swap, you can potentially match each pad up with specific genre's, etc...

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #422 of 6,717
I am trying to decide what my first venture into $1k+ cans is going to be, and am heavily leaning the Aeolus based on impressions I have read so far. Almost pulled the trigger on the LTD in the last hours it was available last night, going to cross my fingers that Zach graces us with a Purpleheart LTD Aeolus instead though. Aesthetically and sound wise I imagine that would be my perfect headphone, maybe endgame for me personally.

Really would like to try these out before deciding on them over the HD800s or Ether 2 though, thinking I better make my way to a Seattle head-fi meet eventually...

Jan 2, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #424 of 6,717
Is anyone able to take an earpad off their Aeolus and show a pic of the driver?

Would be neat to see.

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #425 of 6,717
Is anyone able to take an earpad off their Aeolus and show a pic of the driver?

Would be neat to see.

Unfortunately we're using bopp frontal mesh that won't allow a view of the driver. I'm taking a bunch of pics and vide for upcoming videos we will be releasing about our builds. Let me grab some photos for everyone asap of all the cool stuff.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jan 3, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #426 of 6,717
Unfortunately we're using bopp frontal mesh that won't allow a view of the driver. I'm taking a bunch of pics and vide for upcoming videos we will be releasing about our builds. Let me grab some photos for everyone asap of all the cool stuff.
Finally time for the money shot :p

Jan 5, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #428 of 6,717
Jan 5, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #429 of 6,717
Anyone know how often Seattle meets happen? I'd love to attend a meet there! Is there anywhere they are officially scheduled?

There are usually about four a year, at various venues. The premier meet is at Bottlehead on Bainbridge Island last Saturday in April or first Sat in May. @BIG POPPA sets them up.

Great meets, lots to listen to & plug into. I sure hope to hear some ZMF at one soon.

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #432 of 6,717
I’m gonna be in Los Angeles, CA tomorrow and am wondering if anyone who owns Aeolus or Verite would let me audition it

Jan 12, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #433 of 6,717
How does the stock cable fare against the OFC one?
Has anyone tried it with Liquid Platinum with stock tube or Valahalla 2 with JJ goldpin tube? How is the performance?

Jan 12, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #434 of 6,717
Has anyone tried it with Liquid Platinum with stock tube or Valahalla 2 with JJ goldpin tube? How is the performance?

I felt the Aeolus was an incredible pairing with the Liquid Platinum. I had some upgraded tubes at the time, but you're not talking about a huge leap from the stock tubes.

Jan 12, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #435 of 6,717

I find the OFC cable to be a nice ergonomic and visual upgrade over the stock one. Never could hear a difference between both cables, though.

I find the ribbony stock cable a bit awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back