ZMF Aegis Official Thread
May 10, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #331 of 765
They're very nice. When the EL38's feel too lean for a genre, chain, headphone they are often the next ones in to achieve a better balance. One surprise I had was that they sounded spot on when playing vinyl through the Aegis. Thought they might have been to heavy but no. Really nice.

Not as robust as the EL38's so once they're in the adapters that's where they stay and I store them like that so all the stress goes through the adapter rather than the tube when putting them in, taking out. For those after a warmer richer tone, they should be near the top of the wanted list. Not as cheap as the EL38's but can be had for £60 each (NOS) if you ask :L3000: still excellent value

Just listening to the new ones now and out of the box they don't sound as clear as a pair that have run in so that's something to bear in mind if anyone is tempted. Give them plenty of time to settle (50hrs or so). Still sound great out the box though!

I don't need extra temptation right now, but I still appreciate this post. :)

May 10, 2024 at 8:47 AM Post #332 of 765
I can't speak for Zach, but I have no idea. I'm really curious.
I understand nothing can be guaranteed, but is the plan to stock/sell some form of the Aegis for the foreseeable future?

May 10, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #333 of 765
I understand nothing can be guaranteed, but is the plan to stock/sell some form of the Aegis for the foreseeable future?

I believe the plan is to keep it in the line if it sells well.

May 10, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #336 of 765
So what’s your guess on the over/under of the initial Aegis 110V run selling out? Hours? Days? A week?

I expect the 220V version might take slightly longer even though there are half as many.

I could be way off though. This far down the rabbit hole it gets harder to keep a realistic perspective.
Well with only 50 at start I'm thinking today it's sold out, though I could be overestimating those willing to drop $3K an an amp... Oh make that 49 available, I snagged one :)

May 10, 2024 at 9:49 AM Post #341 of 765
Ordered.... @zach915m you're killing me....and my wallet. :L3000:
Shhhhhh don't let him know i'm telling you this.... he's secretly the head of a wooden cabal bent on world domination via mind control. their means of power? the finish on our wood headphones is a powerful mind control agent that forces us to buy more, and infect those around us. as he sends these control devices out into the world his untapped army grows, until one day.... he flips the switch! we're all gonna be wood wearing zombies in the army of the ZMF... Zombies Motha F%*#ERS.

1715348968531.png

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #342 of 765
Ordered! Tube bundle and all! + Caldera Closed to go with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back