ZiShan Z3 Hi-Fi Player Thread
Mar 24, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #124 of 132
Today I listened to DSD audio for the first time. The improvement is immediately noticeable on my Zishan Z4. It's like this device is made for DSD audio. It's a shame there are not more dsd records out there.

When playing DSD files it is miles ahead of any DAC I own. Better then iBasso DC05.

Oct 14, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #125 of 132
I have a Z3 ES9038Q2M version on its way to me. I have various op amps I would like to try out in it amongst other things. Does the Z3 have a DIP8 pluggable op amp socket installed or is the op amp soldered in place?

I'm asking because the various random pictures of the PCB I find online seem to show a socket, but some pictures and references seem to disagree with that and because there are so many pics of modded PCBs from the Z3 I figured asking here to get a definitive answer made the most sense.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Oct 14, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #126 of 132
I have a Z3 ES9038Q2M version on its way to me. I have various op amps I would like to try out in it amongst other things. Does the Z3 have a DIP8 pluggable op amp socket installed or is the op amp soldered in place?

I'm asking because the various random pictures of the PCB I find online seem to show a socket, but some pictures and references seem to disagree with that and because there are so many pics of modded PCBs from the Z3 I figured asking here to get a definitive answer made the most sense.

Thanks in advance for any answers!
My older AK4493 version has pluggable opamp, swapping it did not require soldering.

Oct 14, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #127 of 132
My older AK4493 version has pluggable opamp, swapping it did not require soldering.

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply. I really do appreciate it.

Nov 12, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #128 of 132
My Z3 never came and now the seller says it was seized by customs for some reason and that he has no more in stock. I can't find anywhere else to buy one. If anyone wants to sell a Z3 (or other model) PM me with details and lets make it happen. Kinda bummed out...

May 25, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #129 of 132
my zishan z3 dont put in usb dac mode .i dont know what i did. i cant use it with my 994 descrete opmap after z3 problem ,i cant find similar devices on ae(9038qm,7.5volt to opamps,opmap socket..) anybody has idea that why z3 dont start on usb mode?

May 26, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #130 of 132
hello Forum,

my Z3 with ESS DAC won't charge anymore. It still plays music with a charger connected, it shows the wall wart symbol. I haven't use the Z3 for a long time, maybe the battery is dead because of this?

The moment I unplug, the Z3 shuts down. I tried other cables and chargers with no luck. Is this simply a matter of changing the battery and it's circuit board for a new one? I think I will order a 3.7 volt battery somewhere, that hopefully fits.

Do you have any thought about, or expierences with this problem? I have other Zishan players so the loss is not so great, but I like it when things work as they should.

Sep 3, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #131 of 132
hello Forum,

my Z3 with ESS DAC won't charge anymore. It still plays music with a charger connected, it shows the wall wart symbol. I haven't use the Z3 for a long time, maybe the battery is dead because of this?

The moment I unplug, the Z3 shuts down. I tried other cables and chargers with no luck. Is this simply a matter of changing the battery and it's circuit board for a new one? I think I will order a 3.7 volt battery somewhere, that hopefully fits.

Do you have any thought about, or expierences with this problem? I have other Zishan players so the loss is not so great, but I like it when things work as they should.

And problem solved, I ordered a new battery (with integrated small circuit board on top), with same size and specs, from AE and it works again as it should.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #132 of 132
just got the zishan z3 version ak4490, using firmware 0.4. Is there any info about the change log in firmware 0.5? There is an issue that after updating to 0.5 the device goes into bootloop.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back