Zishan H1 - new portable HiFi Player with tube
Sep 17, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #46 of 80
Delete .

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #47 of 80
Dam, haven't even gotten it and you guys have me disappointed in it allready. Guess I will have to hope the Russians will fix whatever is wrong with it... Eastern Europe has no shortage of engineers, thank God for that! Hopefully one of there modding gurus pick the h1 up

If zishan published the sources of his firmwares I'm sure the community would love to look into it, fix a lot of things and add improvements, unfortunately he's releasing unfinished binary blobs on badu with changelogs entries such as "a bunch of other stuff"

Sep 17, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #48 of 80
The worst thing is that my wife and I are very far from having expendable income, we had been saving this money for her birthday gift...... Well, I was boycotting AE and Chinese goods in general, guess this just made it permanent. Screw China, screw there mis educated upper class, regular Chinese people are fine but after living in eastern Europe for 10 years I realize that "communist" and post soviet corruption leads to an "upper class" that does not study, learn or even try to learn, in these countries if your the kid of an "upper" class parent, no one will dare to fail your kid due to the backlash. So the "upper class" are not nearly as smart as one would expect and tend to make a lot of easily preventable mistakes, and to make things worst, the engineers and testers are frightened of being punished so they simply ignore some errors, and these products get sold before any one catches the error. A good example is the "yugo" car from soviet union, another example would now be this gad "zishan" h1....... And of course the person who made it, is part of the chinese "upperclass" so he will take great offense to anyone who sais his product is not good, and if his product is bad, he will ignore, because admitting fault is a big no no for these kind of societies, he must find some one else to blame, otherwise maybe the system is flawed.......
Sorry I don't think you have any idea about Chinese culture so better don't talk about people you don't know. You can find this kind of people everywhere, not only here in China. Actually I never met someone stubborn like him before, I am living more than 12 years in China now, normally people try to find a consensus. Losing face is a big thing here in China and Zishan is starting to lose his face to other Chinese people too as I heard from a Chinese friend. It has nothing to do with upper class or lower class its a personal bad behavior. Have fun boycotting Chinese products, I hope you know that almost everything around you is made in China, even if its written "Made in Germany, Yugoslavia or whatever" on it...

Maybe you will be satisfied with the H1 - my personal experience does not match with my gear and expectations. Also defects can happen everywhere.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #49 of 80
Delete

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #50 of 80
Haha, but I hope you know where most Makita/Samsung components are made at? As said only if the things are assembled in a country and "made in" is stamped on does not mean any single component is "made in" that country... Sorry dude, only because you meet some stupid Chinese people you have no idea about China. Your Government guy story is also not how it works here but as said, better don't talk about something you have no idea of.
Also I am quite sure Zishan is not one of this uneducated "rich 2nd generation" guys - that's what is called in china. I am quite sure that he is a good educated engineer who worked himself up, otherwise he would not do this kind of business. If you are a rich 2nd generation child you are GM or Member of the Board of a full or partly government owned company and daddy is making sure you will make no mistakes, by putting the right "assistants" by your side. You will not be just a guy that is selling some "MP3 players" by himself...
I know several of this "one man shows" here in China, its a quite common thing that engineers quit their jobs after a while and try to do their own business, some have success, most fail and return back to their old work.
I guess its enough off topic here now, I just hate this stereotype views on china that most "western" people have, the propaganda machine is working quite well in both directions...

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #51 of 80
Delete

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #52 of 80
Sure dude, what ever you say, because Chinese middle class is super strong, and communist countries are known for the fact that anyone with intelligence and a hard working attitude can become a part of the upper class. Hahahaha a..
Can you please stop talking about stuff that you have not the slightest clue of

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #53 of 80
Wow this discourse is not what I expected from a forum thread about a niche, practically DIY homebrewed digital audio player with tube!

Just like any other product segment (cars, furniture, dog food), there are quality ChiFi products and stuff that leaves something to be desired. All my ChiFi gear has at least met my expectations, if not exceeded them many times over, for the price. So it's a bit unfair to dismiss all ChiFi just because of one bad product. I understand the stress that a precarious economic situation brings about, but maybe then it is worth it to cut back on the audio gear purchasing until things improve. Not hating or dismissing, just trying to reason here.

Sep 17, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #54 of 80
Wow this discourse is not what I expected from a forum thread about a niche, practically DIY homebrewed digital audio player with tube!

Just like any other product segment (cars, furniture, dog food), there are quality ChiFi products and stuff that leaves something to be desired. All my ChiFi gear has at least met my expectations, if not exceeded them many times over, for the price. So it's a bit unfair to dismiss all ChiFi just because of one bad product. I understand the stress that a precarious economic situation brings about, but maybe then it is worth it to cut back on the audio gear purchasing until things improve. Not hating or dismissing, just trying to reason here.
I apologize, your right, I didn't dismiss chifi, I was dismissing the chinese ruling class, but I am wrong for getting so confrontational, and taking the thread of topic, so, I apologise for arguing off topic

Sep 22, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #57 of 80
I just hope it's not as bad as people say, if it has a similar roll off as the z3 then it's not too bad, but if it's as bad as was mentioned, then I will be very disappointed, specially since me and the wife decided to only buy 1 peice of hifi gear a year. My h1 has just arrived in the country now have to wait for customs and local post, I will let it burn in for a day or 2 then listen to it for atleast a week before I comment

Sep 22, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #58 of 80
I just hope it's not as bad as people say, if it has a similar roll off as the z3 then it's not too bad, but if it's as bad as was mentioned, then I will be very disappointed, specially since me and the wife decided to only buy 1 peice of hifi gear a year. My h1 has just arrived in the country now have to wait for customs and local post, I will let it burn in for a day or 2 then listen to it for atleast a week before I comment
Alright then. I'll be waiting, MilkMan.

Sep 23, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #59 of 80
Unfortunately not really good feedback's for the H1 in the Ghost Group too:

Tube broken (but maybe assembly issue of some guy who did OPA rolling by himself)
Battery can not be charged
Some SD-cards are not recognized that work in the DSD without problems

I guess he released the H1 too early and its more like a prototype what you can buy now....
Sound wise not much feedback/discussion in the Group, one guy also mentioned lack in high frequencies - so maybe at least this is satisfactory for most people.

I am happy with my DSD single 4497 now, I bought is used but almost new for the same price as the H1. The H1 was on discount for returning customers, I only paid 500RMB (70US$) for it.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #60 of 80
Unfortunately not really good feedback's for the H1 in the Ghost Group too:

Tube broken (but maybe assembly issue of some guy who did OPA rolling by himself)
Battery can not be charged
Some SD-cards are not recognized that work in the DSD without problems

I guess he released the H1 too early and its more like a prototype what you can buy now....
Sound wise not much feedback/discussion in the Group, so maybe at least this is satisfactory for most people.

I am happy with my DSD single 4497 now, I bought is used but almost new for the same price as the H1. The H1 was on discount for returning customers, I only paid 500RMB (70US$) for it.
Well, it's too bad, I thought zishan would get better as time whent on, seems every new product gets worst, the best product they have made was the ak4495 dsd and then the ak4490 version, the ak4497 has very high output impedance making it almost unusable with b.a. Iems and so did every version after it, now this, it's very disappointing.

What I don't get, is engineers tend to get better with time, same as technicians and artist, so how is it that this guy just gets worst with every product? Either way, hope it won't be so terrible, guess next year I will try yinlvmei products they recently began to sell again on aliexpress, maybe f.audio will finally fix there sub bass roll off. I did find out that taobao is still selling the ak4495 dsd, if anyone wants a zishan product that can be used with multi driver iems, or balanced armature iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back