Zishan H1 - new portable HiFi Player with tube
Jul 9, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #77 of 80
im looking at getting the gad h1 dap. The only model available is the CS43198. Is it worth buying. I can’t find any reviews anywhere on it.
It's not that great, the different dsd models are miles better, I wish there were more reviews too, but after buying, I realize why there are not many reviews, is because its not worth it, it's only a bit better then the z3 and not nearly as good as there dsd

Jul 9, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #78 of 80
im looking at getting the gad h1 dap. The only model available is the CS43198. Is it worth buying. I can’t find any reviews anywhere on it.
As @Themilkman46290 said Is not that good as looks. But it's fancy :wink: I don't have H1 but I have ADIII who is separate tube amplifier same as in H1 who is mix of Zishan Z3 and GADIII. Need a lot of modifications to sound better but yes is warmth polite sound signature and that tube sound.
For best expirence just go for flagship DSDs. You can go for Dual Sabre version instead CS who is better.
Every Zishan can be easy moddyfied for better sound of you want to goes deeper into tunning.

Jul 9, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #79 of 80
I will explain, there are 31 volume levels, I haven't been able to go above 16 without extreme distortion, I can not listen to music that has alot of bass because it distorts even at low volume, the highs are very much rolled off, the sub bass is also rolled off, the out put impedance is too high making it difficult to find a pair of headphone that pair well with it, I have heard tube amps before but this doesn't sound like it really has a tube amp section, battery last around 3 ½ hours and take 6 hours to charge, it gets crazy hot in summer, and it's extra fragile.

If it was in the same prise range as the z3 I wouldn't be too bothered, but it's not, it's at around 100.
I have bought a used ibasso dx50 that sounds much much better for 38 dollars used.
The zishan ak4497 single dsd that cost me 67 dollar on ali express 11.11 sale, its much much better.
Could grab a used ibasso dx80 or even dx90 for this price and they blow it away in sound quality
Even a fiio x3 or older x5 is a much better option
In general, I feel I was ripped off, and there are no firmware updates to fix anything.

I wish there was a review before my wife ordered it, she was pretty upset, she really likes tube sound, but it's a terrible little player not worth half it's money, I would recommend the z3 over this, it doesn't distort, battery last longer, its just a better player, and it sounds almost the same...

Jul 9, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #80 of 80
I forgot to add, the tube needs 50v to sound right, the h1 delivers only 30v, we could raise that but it would get hotter and the battery would only last an hour, it's really a pity I was excited when we ordered, iv had alot of zishan in the past, z1, z3, ak4490 dsd, ak4495, dsd and the ak4497 dsd and set magic is correct, modding them is half the fun, but talking to a friend who specializes in repair and ubgrades of dacs, told me there wasn't enough room, battery or voltage to make this thing really standout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back