ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jul 2, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #1,396 of 1,497
LOL! Double DD are not exactly exotic that's why I was a bit surprised that you haven't heard about it.

The ATH-CKR 9,10 9ltd in addition to the Havi B3 Pro1 is probably my personal favorite dual DD.

Samsung even had a stock headset for on of the Galaxy models (I believe the 4) that was a dual DD.

The Trinity Sabre is a dual DD that has got a lot of attention lately.

There's probably hundreds of them out there so it's just to start exploring :wink:

You also should have to try the JVC fxt200ltd dual dd and Zero Audio duoza dual DD, the best dual dynamic driver iems

Jul 2, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #1,397 of 1,497
Gents - I'm exiting the thread now - as my interest in the QT5s is now pretty much over.  If anyone has further comment on my review etc - can someone pm me so I know to come back.  Thanks.

Jul 3, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #1,399 of 1,497
I wanted to check in for a final impression of these ear phones. Aside from all comparisons, these IEM's are very enjoyable. If you like the thick sound. These alone, these are great. They have a very musical presence about them, a real all rounder. I do believe these have the best sound stage I've heard, better than the HD650 and the TH-X00. I imagine I won't be spending anymore on IEM's for a long while - or ever. I don't have the means, nor the inspiration. They really are wonderful for enjoyment, right out of my iPhone 6.

Jul 3, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #1,400 of 1,497
I wanted to check in for a final impression of these ear phones. Aside from all comparisons, these IEM's are very enjoyable. If you like the thick sound. These alone, these are great. They have a very musical presence about them, a real all rounder. I do believe these have the best sound stage I've heard, they are better than the HD650 and the TH-X00. I imagine I won't be spending anymore on IEM's for a long while - or ever. I don't have the means, nor the inspiration. They really are wonderful for enjoyment, right out of my iPhone 6.

Have you tried them amped? They really started to sing for me once I amped them. For overall enjoyment, these surpass my HD650 and they are more forgiving of poor recordings.

Jul 3, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #1,401 of 1,497
I wanted to check in for a final impression of these ear phones. Aside from all comparisons, these IEM's are very enjoyable. If you like the thick sound. These alone, these are great. They have a very musical presence about them, a real all rounder. I do believe these have the best sound stage I've heard, better than the HD650 and the TH-X00. I imagine I won't be spending anymore on IEM's for a long while - or ever. I don't have the means, nor the inspiration. They really are wonderful for enjoyment, right out of my iPhone 6.

Your impressions sound spot on to what Im hearing .. the Musicality , thickness and massive soundstage you mentioned are something Ive not experienced with any other IEM so far. Am finding these 320kps BBC 1 essential 1 hour sets I Iisten to while painting are far more immersive and entertaining with them , really like the treble extension and detail also. A recent BBC 1 essential mix by Baauer is a match made in heaven with the QT5s. :k701smile:

Have run them amped from my reciever but not tinkered much with them outside of running daily with note 4. Trying bhazards foobar recommendation (Android version) on my phone but cant find where to upload the QT5 zip yet. :popcorn:

If its of any use Ive screen shotted the settings I use in Neutron with them.

Jul 4, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #1,403 of 1,497
Got mine QT5 today. Too early to say anything definite but I so far this is what I hear OOTB.... listening to Joe Bonamassa, Driving towards the daylight and Nightwish, Endless forms most beautiful as FLAC and some test tracks I created to check response/cohesion.

BTW Fit is fine with me, I even needed the mid-size (black) silicon buds for a seal. I have no issues wearing them, guess my ears and channels fall in the 'Dumbo' category. :wink:

Driven by an iBasso DX80 (low gain, no equalizer), soundstage is huge. The largest I have so far heard in an IEM I think. Clarity is great. Bass is well defined, responsive and strong. Treble excellent. No sibilance.

There is however something peculiar with the mids, as if frequencies slightly above 1 kHz are a bit underrepresented.

I'll put them now in the burner, lets see if something changes.

Jul 4, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #1,405 of 1,497
You're right about the mids. Brooko's measurements and mine show a big dip around 2-2.5kHz. If you cut the bass from 200-500hz a bit, and boost the 2kHz region, you can mostly fix it.

I think the soundstage is impressive as well.

Have tweaked the EQ to my tastes in Neutron and will muck around with foobar again today sometime , the way these things present EDM /house music is highly emmersive! no doubt that massive soundstage , treble extention and visceral base quality are some of QT5s strenghts :basshead:.. definitely not a IEM for the purists!

Jul 5, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #1,408 of 1,497
24h hours into Burn-In, no significant changes. Continues in the next days. I eq'd them in Rockbox to my taste so far (got a xDuoo X3 today that I Rockbox'd immediately, recommended btw), maybe its helpful as a starting point for your own tuning. The sweet spot to boost them in the equalizer setting seem to be around 1800Hz.

I believe the bump at 500Hz and the drop at >1000Hz is the normal signature of this IEM when I compare with the other EQ recommendation in this thread.

Jul 6, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #1,410 of 1,497
  guys if i were to return the qt5 what other option i have for the same amount price that i can go for? Rose mojito? Rose pudding? shockwave III? help...

cool.gif
Without question in my mind the SWIII. It just keeps getting better the more you listen to it. JMHO

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back