ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jun 30, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #1,381 of 1,497
@Brooko, dont know what its like in Invercargil today but its one of those stunning blue sky beach side days up here and am out back painting. Its all slightly confusing as Im finding QT5s sound better than I thought they would after a week with the Adels and was just wondering if youd done some Vodoo magic tuning somehow to improve them? Maybe its just the adjustment and EQ. . ? Its the only IEM that can catch me offguard and startle me with an unfamiliar sound I think is happening outside of my head! (Eg like when some bongo drums or cow bell are suddenly introduced into a set) @Fellow headfiers : This is not meant to be hype , we all know how bad these things can sound to some . .I do know my preference signature but am just a middle aged guy with a Note 4 at the end of the day. :k701smile:

Jun 30, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #1,382 of 1,497
If you like them Scott, you should continue liking them :)

Clear blues skies here. Still some frost on the ground. It was a cold one.

Another thought on the QT5 and something I didn't test. I wonder if a higher impedance source will change the freq response? Still bad design if it does - but might explain some of the differences.

The other factor is probably what we are used to - and I am used to more "reference" type gear (HD600, T1, JBL LSR 305s etc)

Jun 30, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #1,383 of 1,497
I noticed a peculiar thing... I jumped the hype train by 15. June and ordered the QT5 from Aliexpress/HCK (confirmed goods available), the next day I received notice that my items were shipped - not so, only electronic shipping information was received according to tracking. It took until yesterday - almost 15 days - until the package really got on its way. It has now cleared Chinese customs, hopefully it will find its way to ol'Europe soon... So either they forgot about my order, ran out of QT5s and had to wait for another batch or - I hope - they recalled their stock to the factory in the mean time for a QA check?

Anyway, time will tell..

When I'd initially ordered mine on 6/24 JimNice HCK had told me via PM that he'd have to wait until they received more to ship my order, as they were very in demand. The QT5s shipped the following morning, oddly.

Jul 1, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #1,384 of 1,497
These have really started to grow on me actually. After about 6-8 hours in, I am starting to like the sound signature. It is a very different sounding IEM compared to most of the other ones I have, but I'm starting to enjoy the warmness of these. The Plenue S paired well with these.

Jul 1, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #1,386 of 1,497
These have really started to grow on me actually. After about 6-8 hours in, I am starting to like the sound signature. It is a very different sounding IEM compared to most of the other ones I have, but I'm starting to enjoy the warmness of these. The Plenue S paired well with these.

You could run these balanced with the Plenue and a balanced mmcx cable as well.

Jul 2, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #1,387 of 1,497
I never thought when I first got into headphones about four years ago I would dive this deep into the iem experience. The dual dynamic Narmoo S1 was an eye opener for me in 2015. Even after attaining the fullsize headphones like the k612pro, dt880pro, and HD650, I still enjoyed budget iems as recent as the shozy zero. With all the gear I've listened to, the QT5 is up there with one of the most pleasurable eexperiences I've ever had. I haven't even gotten through most of my collection of music yet. What a treat to come with more QT5 listening sessions.

Apart from Rose Cappuccino I havnt heard of any other dual DD IEMS, how does the Narmoo S1 sound compared to say the Shozy Zero? Also may I ask what kind of Music Genre you listen to the most with the QT5s? :beerchug:

Jul 2, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #1,388 of 1,497
Apart from Rose Cappuccino I havnt heard of any other dual DD IEMS, how does the Narmoo S1 sound compared to say the Shozy Zero? Also may I ask what kind of Music Genre you listen to the most with the QT5s? :beerchug:

Are you serious or do you mean that you've never actually heard any other dual DD IEM's?

Jul 2, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #1,389 of 1,497

To my ears, the Narmoo S1 has more treble, less of a midbass hump, and slighty more sub bass than the Shozy Zero. The S1 has great interplay with sub bass and midbass while retaining this airy quality which makes vocals sound very clear. It was also the first iem that gave me a sense of hearing sounds outside of my head. Whats amazing about the QT5 is it's ability to make both the Zero and SI sound small in comparison.

I listen to a bit of everything on the QT5 from Oldies, Classic Rock, 80s pop to Rap, Rock, Reggae, and everything inbetween. I'm either listening to playlists on one of my rockbox players or shuffling my collection with a recently bought Agptex player. What I find is QT5's warmth is an advantage for my music since I mainly have 320 mp3 and streaming from Spotify.

Jul 2, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #1,391 of 1,497
To my ears, the Narmoo S1 has more treble, less of a midbass hump, and slighty more sub bass than the Shozy Zero. The S1 has great interplay with sub bass and midbass while retaining this airy quality which makes vocals sound very clear. It was also the first iem that gave me a sense of hearing sounds outside of my head. Whats amazing about the QT5 is it's ability to make both the Zero and SI sound small in comparison.

I listen to a bit of everything on the QT5 from Oldies, Classic Rock, 80s pop to Rap, Rock, Reggae, and everything inbetween. I'm either listening to playlists on one of my rockbox players or shuffling my collection with a recently bought Agptex player. What I find is QT5's warmth is an advantage for my music since I mainly have 320 mp3 and streaming from Spotify.

Do you think the soundstage would get too tall without that pocket in upper mids? The largest bore white tips seem to narrow the soundstage while the largest blacks (stock) seem to widen the stage most.. :tongue_smile:

Jul 2, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #1,393 of 1,497
Do you think the soundstage would get too tall without that pocket in upper mids? The largest bore white tips seem to narrow the soundstage while the largest blacks (stock) seem to widen the stage most.. :tongue_smile:

No, not for me at least. The white tips made vocals a little to forward for me. Glad I switched to the black tips for more balanced vocals, better fit, and easier to see the green(L) and red(R) ring.

Jul 2, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #1,394 of 1,497
:ph34r:
Dont get me excited! What do you know about tasty dual DD's?

:popcorn:

LOL! Double DD are not exactly exotic that's why I was a bit surprised that you haven't heard about it.

The ATH-CKR 9,10 9ltd in addition to the Havi B3 Pro1 is probably my personal favorite dual DD.

Samsung even had a stock headset for on of the Galaxy models (I believe the 4) that was a dual DD.

The Trinity Sabre is a dual DD that has got a lot of attention lately.

There's probably hundreds of them out there so it's just to start exploring :wink:

Jul 2, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #1,395 of 1,497
Havi B3 Pro 1 on my Note 4 sounds great but when I paired it with an amp as recommended by many, it shines. They are very affordable and pretty amazing. Bought it after all the fantastic reviews here. Should give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back