ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jun 29, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #1,351 of 1,497
Head-fi community kudos to  AudioDHD, Bhazard & Carlsan to provide their sets for measurements , it has helped a lot to clear up things and will help prospective buyers.
beerchug.gif

Jun 29, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #1,354 of 1,497
Anybody have a particular song or album that has performed well or poorly on their QT5? Two songs that blew me away is Tower of Power - What is Hip? and Tower of Power - You've got to Funkifize. All the percussion and brass going sounded so real to me. I truly forgot I had iems on. QT5 does well at low volume too.

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #1,355 of 1,497
Anybody have a particular song or album that has performed well or poorly on their QT5? Two songs that blew me away is Tower of Power - What is Hip? and Tower of Power - You've got to Funkifize. All the percussion and brass going sounded so real to me. I truly forgot I had iems on. QT5 does well at low volume too.

BBC 1 essential mixes , Steve Lawler , Richie Hawtin , Pirupa , Bauer etc sounded very good through Neutron running QT5s :k701smile::beerchug:

Jun 29, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #1,356 of 1,497
Try anything with well recorded female vocals - actually anything with well recorded vocals full stop.  Like listening with a towel over your head.

Again - unless there are different monitors out there (in which case the QC is lousy), then the frequency response clearly shows what is wrong with the QT5.  Fundamental ranges boosted, and harmonics in the mid-range cut.

My review lists a lot of the music I was listening to.

Jun 29, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #1,357 of 1,497
So... If the graphs come out for the early versions and they are exactly the same then what does that mean?

Jun 29, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #1,358 of 1,497
So... If the graphs come out for the early versions and they are exactly the same then what does that mean?

That different persons prefer different sound?

:wink:

Jun 29, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #1,359 of 1,497

:wink:

Consensus that I got is that nobody should ever want to like a sound like this though lolol :sunglasses: guess we shall have to wait and see.

Jun 29, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #1,360 of 1,497
If this is what a "bad" 4ba 1dd iem sounds like then I'll be in for a real treat with my next iem. I certainly will wait for more reviews the next time I purchase though. Seems I got lucky or I've found a sound signature I find pleasant. Prehaps both.

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #1,362 of 1,497
Based on all posts here, I believe I got a great pair of QT5. The sound is hard to describe ATM, will need more head time to give an impression. But straight out I believe this IEM I got does not have quality issue.

Harvey 

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #1,363 of 1,497
  Try anything with well recorded female vocals - actually anything with well recorded vocals full stop.  Like listening with a towel over your head.

Again - unless there are different monitors out there (in which case the QC is lousy), then the frequency response clearly shows what is wrong with the QT5.  Fundamental ranges boosted, and harmonics in the mid-range cut.

My review lists a lot of the music I was listening to.

Agreed with the vocal part. I don't know if bringing the driver set closer to ear canal will help to compensate: in my case I removed the rubber rings on the nozzle and feel the towel on my head turned to a tissue paper (although still there). 

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #1,364 of 1,497

wink.gif

That's your answer there.

For me though - if they measured the same - it just means I can cross the reviewers who heard them as 5 star off my list of reviews I can refer to.  And they can cross me off theirs (possibly already have).  It means we have wildly varying tastes - which is possible, but more likely means that we would be unlikely to agree on what constitutes good.

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #1,365 of 1,497
  Agreed with the vocal part. I don't know if bringing the driver set closer to ear canal will help to compensate: in my case I removed the rubber rings on the nozzle and feel the towel on my head turned to a tissue paper (although still there). 

I wouldn't be able to jam them in that far because of the nozzle width.  But they were in far enough to seal - and generally speaking, most IEMs with deeper seal tend to ameliorate upper frequencies for me - mid-range is hardly ever affected.

Quote:
  Based on all posts here, I believe I got a great pair of QT5. The sound is hard to describe ATM, will need more head time to give an impression. But straight out I believe this IEM I got does not have quality issue.

Harvey 

Any chance you can get your pair measured as well then?  The more data we get, the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back