ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread
Jun 28, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #1,306 of 1,497
  I can only hope that nothing I ever write moves someone to buy something they hate with money they couldn't spare on a loss. I imagine those of you who receive tons of gear for professional reviews and who participate in every demo tour known to man can move on quite easily from a wasted $250. Some of us can't.

It's not wasted. You can return it.

Try the EQ settings first in foobar2000 before getting too down on the purchase. It's much easier to cut a problem frequency than it is to boost.

Jun 28, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #1,307 of 1,497
  It's not wasted. You can return it.

Try the EQ settings first in foobar2000 before getting too down on the purchase. It's much easier to cut a problem frequency than it is to boost.

I've never used foobar2000 for EQing or even listening to music. Plus, I very rarely listen at my computer. Even at home, 90% of the time I'm running sound through my DX80/DX90. My PC runs a default sound card and I lack a dedicated desktop DAC, so I've never taken it particularly seriously as a listening device.

In short, I wouldn't even know what I'm doing and even if I like the EQ fix more it still isn't a solution for me. I'd much rather just rewind time and never have bought these things in the first place.

Jun 28, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #1,308 of 1,497
I've never used foobar2000 for EQing or even listening to music. Plus, I very rarely listen at my computer. Even at home, 90% of the time I'm running sound through my DX80/DX90. My PC runs a default sound card and I lack a dedicated desktop DAC, so I've never taken it particularly seriously as a listening device.

In short, I wouldn't even know what I'm doing and even if I like the EQ fix more it still isn't a solution for me. I'd much rather just rewind time and never have bought these things in the first place.

Contact Jim at HCK saying you would like to send back, shipping reimbursement in exchange for the Shockwave 3.

Jun 28, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #1,310 of 1,497
I tried EQ'ing mine last night, in case I was missing something, and they added nothing to the sound, actually the opposite. 

Again, adding to my theory above, that some of us did receive good units. 

I hate to mislead people as well, and often hold off posting glowing impressions or remarks, just in case I change my mind on gear. When this thread started, and earlier over on the Chinese thread (I believe) those of us that got these earphones were quite happy with their performance. People had nothing but positive things to say. 

What changed? Perhaps the earphone itself???

Jun 28, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #1,311 of 1,497
The pair I ordered should come in on Saturday. I'm a bit worried now since it sounds like the most recent pairs have not been at the same level of quality as the initial pairs people received. I'll compare them with most of the IEMs I have when they come on Saturday.

Jun 28, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #1,312 of 1,497
  I tried EQ'ing mine last night, in case I was missing something, and they added nothing to the sound, actually the opposite. 

Again, adding to my theory above, that some of us did receive good units. 

I hate to mislead people as well, and often hold off posting glowing impressions or remarks, just in case I change my mind on gear. When this thread started, and earlier over on the Chinese thread (I believe) those of us that got these earphones were quite happy with their performance. People had nothing but positive things to say. 

What changed? Perhaps the earphone itself???

Exactly like happens here. 

I think it's pretty obvious that our IEM is not the same IEM these people have been listening to, which is disturbing and you guys could try to bring the manufacturer here. A word of clarification would be appreciated.

Jun 28, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #1,313 of 1,497

What smart phone and music player are you using ?

Jun 28, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #1,314 of 1,497
Exactly like happens here. 

I think it's pretty obvious that our IEM is not the same IEM these people have been listening to, which is disturbing and you guys could try to bring the manufacturer here. A word of clarification would be appreciated.

Thing is bhazard's measurements match up with Brookos measurements of mine, bhazards really likes his pair as do I , Ive only been walking the audiophile path 6 months or so but its not like my ears havnt had some experience in SQ coming from Fidue A83, Shozy Zero, IE80, HLSX 808s ,XB90EX and now Adel U6, so what gives? Anyone else tried QT5 with an exynos Note 4 or galaxy S6 through Neutron player ? The QT5s should arrive by tomorrow and its a day off so will be interesting hearing them again (and the other :) now that my brains adjusted to U6 . :jecklinsmile: The more info we have the better! :popcorn:

Jun 28, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #1,315 of 1,497
Thing is bhazard's measurements match up with Brookos measurements of mine, bhazards really likes his pair as do I , Ive only been walking the audiophile path 6 months or so but its not like my ears havnt had some experience in SQ coming from Fidue A83, Shozy Zero, IE80, HLSX 808s ,XB90EX and now Adel U6, so what gives? Anyone else tried QT5 with an exynos Note 4 or galaxy S6 through Neutron player ? The QT5s should arrive by tomorrow and its a day off so will be interesting hearing them again (and the other :) now that my brains adjusted to U6 .
jecklinsmile.gif
The more info we have the better!
popcorn.gif

Sorry but that means nothing. Press Jim, whoever, bring the maker. I doubt bhazard's is the same as mine and Carlsan's,

Jun 28, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #1,316 of 1,497
Well, the most simple and safest way to know is obviously to measure some of the very few "good pairs" that still seems to exist.

It's not unheard of that Chinese manufacturers change the drivers without any notice to anyone (a certain M2 comes to mind) and there's an easy way to get this checked.....

Jun 28, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #1,317 of 1,497
Well, the most simple and safest way to know is obviously to measure some of the very few "good pairs" that still seems to exist.

It's not unheard of that Chinese manufacturers change the drivers without any notice to anyone (a certain M2 comes to mind) and there's an easy way to get this checked.....

It's not that easy.

Jun 28, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #1,318 of 1,497
Jun 28, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #1,320 of 1,497

It's not that easy.

Any head-fiers near you that can help you measure your pair? In fact compared to everyone else, both your rand @Carlsan's measurements have the potential to help out most.
It can go a long way in proving if there was a different batch, driver change etc, mass QC issues etc.

It would help out a lot of people I would imagine! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back