Zhaolu D2.x - Upgrade from D1.3
Mar 31, 2006 at 7:36 AM Post #91 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by surfboardz26
so is the zhalou 2.0 or 1.3 better? the 1.3 is more expensive, but the 2.0 is newer. By looking at the specs and parts what would you guys think?

the 1.3 is NOT more $$. it is $80 base price from eddie. the 20% price hike seems to be pretty accurate.

as for the last question, there's plenty of speculation, but nothing to be sure till someone hear's one. there are concers about noise with the removable dac, lcd's, etc, and excitement over different dacs, r-core transformer etc. as of right now we just can't tell. note: you'll pay $40 for shipping from eddie, and if things stay as they have before, the upgraded headamp will probably cost that much as well. how much the upgraded dacs will be is hard to tell, but i wouldn't be suprised to get the highest dac (1794???), upgraded headamp, shipped for $200. as far as i know, there are no other upgrades available from zhaolu. of course us resourceful folks will change opamps and capacitors like madmen in time
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 7:44 AM Post #92 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerWilco
i just hope it sounds as good as the 1.3

yes, it's very hard to tell. however, i'd be extremely suprised if it didn't sound better; it would be odd for zhaoulu to release a worse sounding dac than the previous version. my guess would be that it will sound a little bit better (at least with upgraded dac), but may have a bit more noise. i'm definitely thinking i might solder the dac board directly to the mainboard when i get one (if the 1794 is indeed the superior in all aspects). i can't imagine it really sounding worse than previous version. the only significant outward changes are the coax/optical switch, the mute switch (i think??), an extra pair of rca's on the back (headamp output??? extra line out??)

my main thought is: how much will the different dac boards cost? it seems like a costly thing to have the whole dac/clock assemby on removable boards (if i'm looking at things right). it's a cool idea, but if indeed the 1794 is the best, than the other two options are there only for those as cheaper alternatives: though i imagine as many audio things it may be more a matter of "prefference" than "better".........then again...

Mar 31, 2006 at 10:14 AM Post #93 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by TigzStudio
Hey guys!

Just got a email back from eddie himself about when the Zhalou 2.0 will be released and for how much!!!

its dirt cheap!

here is his reply:

"D2.0 will be released in early May. The retail price is estimated to be
840 RMB (transportation fee not included). Our Payment mode is western
union transfer or paypal."

according to my calculation 840 rmb is about 104.00 us!

I believe....

How can it be sooo cheap?? I dont get it!

from eddie?
The content of the mail is the same as what is in my reply. 840 rmb is the estimated retail price in Chinese market.

Apr 3, 2006 at 11:57 AM Post #94 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by chengzhe
the new brand which i mentioned is not zhaolu product, but as i know it's the same as zhaolu D2, use module. it is estimated that D2 will be in the marketing after 1 month.

Hi!
I've been away from this forum for a while, and I just read about this Zhaolu DAC -very interesting!

Any idéa how to purchase one? (I'm in the UK)

Thanks
Patrik

Apr 3, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #95 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by chengzhe
from eddie?
The content of the mail is the same as what is in my reply. 840 rmb is the estimated retail price in Chinese market.

Sorrry my confusion, it was from chengzhe, !

I was just too excited ! =)

Apr 3, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #97 of 214
Quote:

its dirt cheap!

here is his reply:

"D2.0 will be released in early May. The retail price is estimated to be
840 RMB (transportation fee not included). Our Payment mode is western
union transfer or paypal."

according to my calculation 840 rmb is about 104.00 us!

I believe....

How can it be sooo cheap?? I dont get it!

that's dirt cheap for you maybe, but not for most buyers. I'm sure they can easily charge a premium for international orders, as Chengze said, that's the price for the chinese market. If you don't get it, I can bet they're willing to make an exception for you
wink.gif
and others.

Apr 3, 2006 at 11:32 PM Post #98 of 214
Early May? niiiiiice... it'll be out when I'm in Shanghai and HK. Time to start emailing Eddie and Chengzhe about possible add ons.
icon10.gif

Apr 6, 2006 at 12:58 AM Post #99 of 214
Just saw this update link in Zhaolu website. It is under production now and distributors in HK and Shanghai got their testing samples. http://www.zhaolu.com/products/d2/big1.htm

It seems that most of the information in this thread is right. If you read chinese, scroll to the bottom to see new features. D2 will have upgradable headphone amp and 3 DAC module options. New clock and supports 24bit/192KHz. In several parts, it emphasis less noise/interference with 7 independent power implementation. More importantly for people here, the new stock/upgraded headphone amp is better sounding than stock/upgraded amp in D1.3. Looks like the new champion is borned.

Apr 6, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #101 of 214
Sweet!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

Apr 6, 2006 at 4:14 AM Post #103 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by gevorg
Great, I guess we have to buy the SLAM version, since its the only one with 110v
eggosmile.gif

huh?

edit: suprising how much was understandable by babelfish (chinese-simp > english). interesting............i'm really hoping to see some potential mods soon from headfi diy'ers (and others of course). if it's good now, it can always be better!
rolleyes.gif

ps: thanks for the translation blueice

Apr 6, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #104 of 214
I think gevorg is talking about the comparison chart in the end apparently showing 2 versions of D2. But the D2 in the middle simply means their prior D2 design that eventually got cancelled. The final design is the one that is highlighted on the right and will be the only version of D2 available..... unless someone mod it
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back