Zhaolu D2.x - Upgrade from D1.3
Apr 7, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #121 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H
I know! It's pretty cool. It's amazing the flexibility this unit has. If only it had USB too.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Zhalou 3.0 =)

Apr 7, 2006 at 2:05 AM Post #122 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H
I know! It's pretty cool. It's amazing the flexibility this unit has. If only it had USB too.
very_evil_smiley.gif

arn't we getting a little greedy here? i mean, if it had one input in and one RCA out it would still be the steal of the century.

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #124 of 214
I read on a chinese audio forum about Zhaolu, people in china actually complained about D2 being too cheap. Alot of them want a full modded Zhaolu to be available from the manufacturer directly. Well the Zhaolu manufacturer came in and said if that's what people wanted, they will design the D3 to use the best parts, best design without any compromise in cost. I think it is a good time to buy Zhaolu stock if they have one.

BTW, I was surprised that the article about Lavry and DAC1 titan crash thing actually got translated and posted there. So the world doesnt seems so big afterall....

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #125 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
arn't we getting a little greedy here? i mean, if it had one input in and one RCA out it would still be the steal of the century.

True, but I'd pay for the option I guess.

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #126 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by blueice
I read on a chinese audio forum about Zhaolu, people in china actually complained about D2 being too cheap. Alot of them want a full modded Zhaolu to be available from the manufacturer directly. Well the Zhaolu manufacturer came in and said if that's what people wanted, they will design the D3 to use the best parts, best design without any compromise in cost. I think it is a good time to buy Zhaolu stock if they have one.

BTW, I was surprised that the article about Lavry and DAC1 titan crash thing actually got translated and posted there. So the world doesnt seems so big afterall....

Its a small small world....
biggrin.gif

Its a good thing that everyone can be connected and collaborate together irregardless of where you from, who you are.
wink.gif

Apr 7, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #128 of 214
Am I crazy for having just bought my MS-1's less than a month ago and really wanting to get the Zhaolu v2 once it comes out? I can't wait
smily_headphones1.gif
I was going to build a pimeta but I can't even find a BUF634P. For a little more than the price of the pimeta, I can get a much better amp and a kickass DAC. Sure, it's overkill for just an MS-1 for now, but it just makes sense.

Apr 8, 2006 at 12:33 AM Post #129 of 214
I'm interested in this little unit as well -- unfortunately, my budget won't be freed up until a couple of weeks from now, but they're already all sold out...guess I'll just have to see how well the 2.0 performs.

Apr 20, 2006 at 11:06 AM Post #132 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenja
Am I crazy for having just bought my MS-1's less than a month ago and really wanting to get the Zhaolu v2 once it comes out? I can't wait
smily_headphones1.gif
I was going to build a pimeta but I can't even find a BUF634P. For a little more than the price of the pimeta, I can get a much better amp and a kickass DAC. Sure, it's overkill for just an MS-1 for now, but it just makes sense.

Zhaolu DAC 2.0 -> MS-1 = Probably the best budget headphone solution in the history of humanity.

Apr 20, 2006 at 12:30 PM Post #133 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
I bet if enough demand in this forum is made for usb connection for future versions it just might be met.

Count me in the group requesting this. If the 2.0 had a USB, I'd snap one up for my office. USB....a must for version 3.0!!

Apr 20, 2006 at 1:16 PM Post #134 of 214
  1. Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
    I bet if enough demand in this forum is made for usb connection for future versions it just might be met

please , add usb connectivity on Dac 2.0 ; if the Dac price/performance Ratio will be the same or better , I'll for sure be in for more then one unit in this case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back