Zero-ohm resistor to jumper speaker biwire terminals
Jun 4, 2008 at 11:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

1UP

1000+ Head-Fier
Something that bugs me is the ridiculous amount certain manufacturers charge for exotic jumper pins or cable.

I'm currently just using a short amount of thin guage PTFE multi-core copper to jumper the biwire terminals on my speakers, but was just thinking, why not just use a zero-ohm resistor instead?

Jun 4, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #4 of 5
Shouldn't these be jumpered with the same qauge of conductor that you are using for speaker cable? I sure as hell wouldn't be using thin gauge cable for this.

I know on my VR-4s I use Kimber 8TC (which is the speaker cable i use) to jumper, but these need approx. 23" jumpers from the top and bottom cabinets. If not biwiring, it is recommended that the speaker cable run to the mid/tweeter module (top cabinet) and jumpered to the bass module. Thin gauge need not apply...

Jun 4, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shouldn't these be jumpered with the same qauge of conductor that you are using for speaker cable? I sure as hell wouldn't be using thin gauge cable for this.

I know on my VR-4s I use Kimber 8TC (which is the speaker cable i use) to jumper, but these need approx. 23" jumpers from the top and bottom cabinets. If not biwiring, it is recommended that the speaker cable run to the mid/tweeter module (top cabinet) and jumpered to the bass module. Thin gauge need not apply...

yes, please don't use a zero-ohm resistor. If the posts are close together, just buy some copper, drill 2 holes, and fit it to the posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back