Zero noise leakage Headphone recommendations.
Aug 16, 2018 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

zonked

New Head-Fier
At the moment I currently own

Final Audio - Heaven IV
Bayerdynamic DT-880 pro

I am looking for something with superior build and audio quality.
I need complete isolation as I work as a software developer and cant disturb anyone with the Idm, techno or metal I listen to.

Looking to pay up to 800 USD.

Aug 26, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #2 of 7
Hi, if you want a full size headphone, then go for a closed back headphone. In your price range you have many options. I’d check the Aeon Flow Closed, which costs 800 (you can get ir for about 600 in the forum). It has a superb construction quality, close to neutral with a slight emphasis on bass. One thing I assure you is that it’d be the most comfortable headphone you’ll wear. I think they’re a great option for your genres

If you’re considering an IEM, then I think any one would do the job. For maximum isolation of the environment, I’d recommend the Etymotic

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #3 of 7
For IEM, try etymotic er4xr for around $350. etymotics are famous for superior noise isolation. You don't need an amp to drive these either. If you are buying headphones, you might have to buy amplifier to drive them. maybe your $800 budget will be split into a $600 headphone with $200 amp/dac combo.

Aug 26, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #4 of 7
There is no zero leakage headphone really but a good one in your price range you might read about is the Campfire Cascade. Maybe check it out and see what you think. Isolation is not superior, but it is pretty good and a great headphone. It is possible it could work for you.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #5 of 7
Any other suggestions? I would like to purchase a near zero leak hp for my brother, he said the 598cs he has disturbed other library patrons... iems not an option...

Sep 20, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #6 of 7
if you need "zero leakage" to your surrounding you basically need an in-ear ...
even the best sealing closed over ears are still not "office proof" unless you listen at lowish levels .... or have enough background noise around ^^

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #7 of 7
ZMF Ori is my suggestion. It is actually my favorite non electrostatic headphone thus far (I like it more overall than the Audeze LCD-4, HiFiMan HE1000 and HE-6, Focal Utopia, Sennheiser HD 800 S and HD 800, etc). I did tests and someone right next to you can't hear a thing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back