Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Aug 2, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #856 of 6,090
Quote:
^ tbh i thinks it's just driverflex. Both the Left and Right channels sounded like crap on the pair i auditioned with the stock tips. I was barely able to hear anything cuz the stock tips made so much squishy noises due to the bad seal/ driverflex. There was more than 40% loss in audio quality for me and only tip rolling was able to let me hear them properly.

The RHA MA350 tips i found is best for me when i experience driverflex, they worked like a charm for my set of FX3Xs that has this exact problem. After i applied those tips i still got the driverflex but it was able to make these bassos to sound right correct. 

http://www.amazon.com/RHA-MA350-Aluminium-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B0053R0WWG

So my advice is to tip roll with everything you own and see where this gets you.

Thanks sfwalcer
The problem is that the Left driver sounds low at any position I don't think that it is a tips' problem. Even without tips the left one sounds clearly lower with any type of music and/or source. Even without seal or any attempt to insert them. The right driver sounds great at any position.
In the case that is a driver flex how could I use the other tips since it's a problem of the one driver?
I don't know if you experienced the same problem for me the sound is kinda muffled and let's say from a great depth. It seems "clear" there but it's like there is a pillow over the driver.
I can't use both drivers at the same volume. I don't have many tips around and even with some really soft Samsung tips the problem is still there with no changes at all.

16hrs of non-stop burn-in and everything is still the same. If it's something simple that other members could fix with different tips or any other means I could easily sell them, I don't really want to invest more on these by buying tips that will be useless.

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #857 of 6,090
Quote:
Did you find the tuning similar to the Basso? With the C5 they sounded stellar to me. The Basso is better in timbre, decay, and just a bit in detail retrieval. But for $10? That's a steal!

I found the bass to be not as aggressive as the Basso.
Otherwise it was similar but soundstage seemed smaller too. 

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #858 of 6,090
Quote:
I found the bass to be not as aggressive as the Basso.
Otherwise it was similar but soundstage seemed smaller too. 

You got that right! The HTC iem is now officially my disposable on-the-go iem.
I was about to order the T-PEOS B100 ($25) for that purpose but now, I'm hesitant because it might not be a step up over the HTC headset.

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #859 of 6,090
I am glad I waited a little and got new and improved NuForce NE-700M (similar and even better in some parts then bassos) and not zero audio, this driver flex sounds like a real hassle. 

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #860 of 6,090
I do acknowledge that there's driver flex in the Bassos.
But it was never a bother to me... just a few adjustments or twist or nudge and it's fixed.
TBH I still can't relate to people who complain about it all the time.

Aug 2, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #862 of 6,090
Almost 24hrs burn-in and nothing
If you want them PM me
I'm done

Sorry to hear that mate. I hope you find the right iem for you. This could really be just an isolated issue. It's just unfortunate that you got the bad pair.

Aug 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #865 of 6,090
Stupid question vsls, but to you get the same problem out of different sources?

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #867 of 6,090
Quote:
I am glad I waited a little and got new and improved NuForce NE-700M (similar and even better in some parts then bassos) and not zero audio, this driver flex sounds like a real hassle. 

+1

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #868 of 6,090
Quote:
That sucks, man. How much money have you got left - maybe we can recommend something cheaper for the time being?

TBH I could spare ~$40 for another "second-tier" IEM, but now I don't want to have all that hustle for more than ~$20 and it really sucks because I based all the shopping on the Bassos and their probable sale/trade if I wasn't satisfied. So now the situation is screwed! I can allow to myself something like $60-70 per 6 months to spend on gear and these are already gone!
Quote:
Stupid question vsls, but to you get the same problem out of different sources?

Yeap I've tried everything. Same result always

Aug 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #869 of 6,090
Just got my fake hybrid tips today and while they sound good and provide better seal they are as uncomfortable as the stock tips!
Shame as they sound good!
Only tips which dont pain after a while are the double flanges.

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #870 of 6,090
I got the MEElec double flange tips but they're quite uncomfortable in my ears on the Carbo Bassos. Do they just take some getting used to or what? They make my ears feel uncomfortable after 15-20 minutes (Only way I can describe it).

I've never used double flange tips on my IEMs before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back